Review Dees v Norf - Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Drilling and bombing are both kinda crap. Even though drilling is more intelligent than falling space junk. Booting the cover off the ball to a bloke on the lead is low percentage. The ball can burst through the hands or the guy on the lead can run under the ball. Just weight the kick so the player has a chance to run onto it.

Drilling and bombing are both kinda crap. Even though drilling is more intelligent than falling space junk. Booting the cover off the ball to a bloke on the lead is low percentage. The ball can burst through the hands or the guy on the lead can run under the ball. Just weight the kick so the player has a chance to run onto it.
Yep, good forward can then use his body to protect the ball drop. If you drill it they have to stay stationary which then makes them easier to defend or makes it impossible for them to move if it's slightly off target.

If I'm a forward and I see Chandler with the ball I know I can point to a spot and start moving as he's about to kick. If I see Trac with it I have no idea what to do. Make yourself look big and hope he lands it on your chest

Haven't been to a game in person since round 1 but geez you forget how much ground Langdon covers. Thought Hunter was solid too on his wing working up and back, really clever with some of his disposal.
Langdon is building nicely.

I think Jordans really only gonna be getting games if he has a very specific role. Wouldn't mind him as a forward half tagger. Has a knack for a goal and can run with a HBF who goes all over the place.

I'm gonna have to watch again because I thought Tracs kicking inside 50 was poor again. Isn't waiting his kicks he's just drilling em and either under or over hitting them regularly
Yeah, Trac is frustrating to watch. Almost his effort goes into getting the ball and the surge of pace afterwards, and very little of it goes into quality disposal. He's a bit like Viney in that respect. They should both be putting more effort into skills at training. It's too late for Viney to change though, I think. Trac is not living up to his reputation by a long shot since the flag.

Yeah, Trac is frustrating to watch. Almost his effort goes into getting the ball and the surge of pace afterwards, and very little of it goes into quality disposal. He's a bit like Viney in that respect. They should both be putting more effort into skills at training. It's too late for Viney to change though, I think. Trac is not living up to his reputation by a long shot since the flag.
Jeez I reckon Viney might weight em better than Trac the last couple years when I think about it. Trac just doesn't take that extra half a second the very elite users do to compose themselves. Soon as makes a decision it's like he has to do it as quick as possible

Jeez I reckon Viney might weight em better than Trac the last couple years when I think about it. Trac just doesn't take that extra half a second the very elite users do to compose themselves. Soon as makes a decision it's like he has to do it as quick as possible
Yeah I will say, it irritates me when he takes a mark and immediately needs to kick, without actually taking a step back behind the mark to give himself room to actually hit the pass.

Like, it's good that he's being aggressive, but the advantage from playing on gets mitigated if he mungs it into the pocket or an opposition defender's lap.

Haven't been to a game in person since round 1 but geez you forget how much ground Langdon covers.

Maybe its coz everyone was stuffed in the last quarter off a 5 day break but geez it stood out then. He was flogging everyone both ways.

Only watched the first 15 minutes, game's over already and Trac was very good.
Agree he shouldn't bomb the ball or drill the ball lace out to players tho. Just kick goals son.
BOG. Fn impressive game. Not many on our list capable of 35 and 3. Thought Oliver was bog in the 1st, but Trac took over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe its coz everyone was stuffed in the last quarter off a 5 day break but geez it stood out then. He was flogging everyone both ways.
The pies just came off a 5 day break, look at their last qtr.

They did however still have a game to try to win, we didn't have much motivation to go hard with the game well in hand.

Few thoughts:
  • Razor Ray is such a knob isn't he.
  • Some time in 2020 a very nice Hawthorn moderator made a crack about Simon Goodwin and since then, we've never lost to a Clarkson-led team. I reminded him every time we won but the joke is sadly over now that Clarko moved on. Still get a chuckle thinking about it tho. Goody absolutely owns Clarkson, has for years.
  • Love seeing Pickett in the middle. Also like seeing Petracca forward. Coincidence? I think not!
  • Hangovers are *in' awful, no idea how people do this to themselves on the regular. 40+ unfit blob here, YMMV.
  • Lots of Kangaroo were genuine article witches hats, literally stationary objects, occasionally transforming into something resembling a b-grade footballer putting in an embarrassing half-effort. Trash skills, reminded me of my attempts pretending I'm Jackovich at the local park, how you miss a regulation kick with no pressure by 15 metres. I never seen s**t like that in my life (i don't have a good memory tho). Honestly earned the name "Norf" last night, and I hate using the name "Norf".

Thought we looked sharp off a 5 day break even with North looking 2013 Dees levels bad.

Brayshaw building into some form at half back. Contested well.

Rivers marking has been a highlight. Growing in confidence playing further up the ground.

Chandler is a legit gun. Kicks goals from half chances, tough over the footy, good overhead and works super hard. Kicks beautifully to a lead.

Kozz doing things others can't. Few special moments early.

May better than last few weeks. Good to see.

Biggest Clarko coached loss since 2006.

Van Rooyen set shot from the boundary was cool.

Hunter is a really smart player. Been a great pick-up.

So this is what it's like to be on the other end when it comes to footy club bunnies.

Absolutely annihilated us tonight. Mids too strong, backs too strong and your forward line didn't really need much to get going either. We're a mess at the moment and there were far too many reasons to be smashed tonight (of which all came into fruition). Looked like you guys took the foot off the pedal at times and it showed on the scoreboard a bit. If I am being honest, this is a disguised 20 goal shellacking. Only positive I can think of is I had Oliver captain in SC.

It was to be expected but without our star mids firing we're always going to be vulnerable. Mid-table finishing has cursed our talent pool. Thanks for confirming what an absolute rudderless mess our recruiting and list management has been. I bloody hope Clarko can change things.

Who am I kidding, we're in for some more pain. Good luck for the rest of the year.
Enjoy the road.
Watching boys turn to into men.
Watching the team grow.
Good days will come

View attachment 1673965
season 5 what an odd thing to say GIF
"drills 50m beauty"

images (43).jpeg

Outside of the I hate TK obsession club, you'll see alot more people agree Tracs kicking isnt great at the moment
Are you suggesting I hate you? I actually think you are an excellent poster when you play the ball and not the man, both here and on other boards we frequent. Also, I never said his kicking was great but he did play well.

Just appreciate your predictability re Trac, so I have a laugh at it.

Are you suggesting I hate you? I actually think you are an excellent poster when you play the ball and not the man, both here and on other boards we frequent. Also, I never said his kicking was great but hi did play well.

Just appreciate your predictability re Trac, so I have a laugh at it.
Nah the likes you garnered but I'll leave it there because it'll spiral again.

Same question I asked tulip. How close to his best do you think he is, because even his 35 and 3 or whatever he got, I'd still rate it at a 6-7 compared to what he can do at his best.

Nah the likes you garnered but I'll leave it there because it'll spiral again.

Same question I asked tulip. How close to his best do you think he is, because even his 35 and 3 or whatever he got, I'd still rate it at a 6-7 compared to what he can do at his best.

I'd give his game an 8, I think if you're saying its a 6-7 he is the highest ceiling player in the AFL in your view.

I'd give his game an 8, I think if you're saying its a 6-7 he is the highest ceiling player in the AFL in your view.
I mean his disposal isn't with ya Daicos type but yeah I think Tracs best game beats 99% of the comp no?

Kicking can improve, not doing those angle change kicks he's good at and still didn't think he was breaking out of stoppage like he can at his best either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back