Review Dees v Norf - Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean his disposal isn't with ya Daicos type but yeah I think Tracs best game beats 99% of the comp no?

Kicking can improve, not doing those angle change kicks he's good at and still didn't think he was breaking out of stoppage like he can at his best either

Yeah that is a reasonable take. I think hes slowly getting there, an absolute confidence player and like I said during the week I like him forward a bit more. That also opens up Kozzy to more midfield time and my god he actually is brilliant in close and is also an excellent kick, hit some absolute beauties last night.

Yeah that is a reasonable take. I think hes slowly getting there, an absolute confidence player and like I said during the week I like him forward a bit more. That also opens up Kozzy to more midfield time and my god he actually is brilliant in close and is also an excellent kick, hit some absolute beauties last night.
I think both him and Oliver are probably statistically matching any other of their seasons but for actual impact both are down, if we can work them into their best in the second half of the year we are a different proposition.

Can't remember who he kicked to but Koz running along the wing and hitting that pass that went over the head of the north defender. Yikes that kids talented.

I think both him and Oliver are probably statistically matching any other of their seasons but for actual impact both are down, if we can work them into their best in the second half of the year we are a different proposition.

Can't remember who he kicked to but Koz running along the wing and hitting that pass that went over the head of the north defender. Yikes that kids talented.

Think that was to Fritsch, there was also a filthy left foot kick somewhere in there too. If he touches it 20 times a game you can almost chalk it down as a win he is that damaging.

Nah the likes you garnered but I'll leave it there because it'll spiral again.

Same question I asked tulip. How close to his best do you think he is, because even his 35 and 3 or whatever he got, I'd still rate it at a 6-7 compared to what he can do at his best.
I'd go with a solid 8. Was it perfect? No. but any other player in the AFL would take his game for their output, 100% of the time. His game was noteworthy. If Dusty had the same stats he'd be lauded for it like he had singlehandedly made his way to be the first man on the moon.

I'd go with a solid 8. Was it perfect? No. but any other player in the AFL would take his game for their output, 100% of the time. His game was noteworthy. If Dusty had the same stats he'd be lauded for it like he had singlehandedly made his way to be the first man on the moon.
Yeah but that's kinda my point. Trac shouldnt be any other player in the AFL standard. He should be dominating games that make you argue he's the best in the comp right now. I don't think he's at that level.
30 and 3 can never be a bad game. I just done see that he's getting true impact from his disposal right now

Trac shouldnt be any other player in the AFL standard. He should be dominating games that make you argue he's the best in the comp right now. I don't think he's at that level
Exactly - there's a reason why people are talking about Daicos as the best in the comp instead of Trac. He's just not doing enough disposal wise - too many times he's throwing it on his boot before he even locates a target. Even when he does spot a target, he doesn't kick to a lead often enough - it's mostly to a contest where we have no particular advantage. I mean you still want the bloke in your team, of course, and I'm marking him hard, but he should be much more damaging than he is. I think he lacks composure and the random kicking forward is a sign of him not being as cool under pressure as some. He's a bit hyperactive. If he could calm down a bit and be more composed, he would be the most damaging player in the comp - at least for a while until Daicos reels him in again.

Exactly - there's a reason why people are talking about Daicos as the best in the comp instead of Trac. He's just not doing enough disposal wise - too many times he's throwing it on his boot before he even locates a target. Even when he does spot a target, he doesn't kick to a lead often enough - it's mostly to a contest where we have no particular advantage. I mean you still want to bloke in your team, of course, and I'm marking him hard, but he should be much more damaging than he is. I think he lacks composure and the random kicking forward is a sign of him not being as cool under pressure as some. He's a bit hyperactive. If he could calm down a bit and be more composed, he would be the most damaging player in the comp - at least for a while until Daicos reels him in again.
Exactly mate. Richmond for how good they were in their triple premiership run still could have lost a GF and a prelim but for Dusty absolutely dominating and turning the game. Trac can be that for us, he ain't right now.

Exactly - there's a reason why people are talking about Daicos as the best in the comp instead of Trac. He's just not doing enough disposal wise - too many times he's throwing it on his boot before he even locates a target. Even when he does spot a target, he doesn't kick to a lead often enough - it's mostly to a contest where we have no particular advantage. I mean you still want the bloke in your team, of course, and I'm marking him hard, but he should be much more damaging than he is. I think he lacks composure and the random kicking forward is a sign of him not being as cool under pressure as some. He's a bit hyperactive. If he could calm down a bit and be more composed, he would be the most damaging player in the comp - at least for a while until Daicos reels him in again.
Daicos has no pressure on him most of the time. He's not playing the same role as Petracca at all. Can't compare the two.

Trac was never known for his silky skills. If people are asking for more from a 35 and 3 game at over 70% disposal.efficiency, only 4 turnovers, 16 contested possessions and 14 score involvements then they'll never be satisfied. The guys expected to hit every pass lace out. Ridiculous. He's always been a bull. Dangerfield type who incidently rarely hits blokes lace out either and struggles kicking straight in front of goal. Every chance Trac at least has 1 Brownlow if Oliver wasn't around(and vice verca).

Think that was to Fritsch

It was....Ignored Trac who was looking for the one two handball, said "* you mate, ill show you how you kick inside 50" :D

Dangerfield has been hitting players lace out lately. Hit Hawkins with a 15-20 m kick on the run so many times yesterday.

It's definitely within Tracs capability to start hitting them more regularly and take some heat off his kicks. Some strong leads at the ball carrier from our forwards would make the decision to use the short kick more automatic though.

Very happy with his game and I love when he starts hitting the scoreboard and we run more players through the middle.

Trac gets marked harshly because he has more in his locker than what he's giving us at the moment. His best game this year on the weekend (against witches hats) and I'd give him over a 6, but he's capable of better than what we're getting so far this year.

What irks me is how rushed he's seemed with the ball, can excuse the odd shank but he has more to his game than panicking and blindly blasting the ball forward, he's shown it in the past. Even Viney for example has been taking some extra time and care with his kicks forward, to get them to advantange, despite generally being an average kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trac with 10 in the coaches' votes. Just imagine when he learns how to kick hey...

Was always going to be a 10. The constant bagging of two of our greatest ever mids is embarrassing tbh. Two absolute Jets during our most successful period in 6 decades and the whining and sooking that they're not doing as well as they should is a joke really. Both players currently in the top 6 yet again in coaches votes but not doing enough supposedly. You can't make this stuff up..

Daicos has no pressure on him most of the time. He's not playing the same role as Petracca at all. Can't compare the two.

Trac was never known for his silky skills. If people are asking for more from a 35 and 3 game at over 70% disposal.efficiency, only 4 turnovers, 16 contested possessions and 14 score involvements then they'll never be satisfied. The guys expected to hit every pass lace out. Ridiculous. He's always been a bull. Dangerfield type who incidently rarely hits blokes lace out either and struggles kicking straight in front of goal. Every chance Trac at least has 1 Brownlow if Oliver wasn't around(and vice verca).
That's all very nice, and I'm not denying the factual aspects of his play, but the deficiencies are still there. A lot of his disposals go nowhere - imagine if he could tidy that up. What a force he would be if he could get his disposals to be at Dusty's level 2017-2020. Nobody's saying he's not one of the best, but the way he goes about disposing of the ball, the contests he does/doesn't kick to, kicking accuracy, and his kicking to a lead is often poor. A lot of his mistakes are not the result of pressure, but him just not planning to dispose of the ball. He could take a bit more time when he has space to do so - and he's so quick, he often does have the space. He often throws it on the boot as if there's pressure on him, when nobody is near him. If he could sort that out, there would be daylight between him and the next best in the competition. I'm not hating on the guy, I just think he's capable of being incredible. In short, yes, I'm asking for more.

That's all very nice, and I'm not denying the factual aspects of his play, but the deficiencies are still there. A lot of his disposals go nowhere - imagine if he could tidy that up. What a force he would be if he could get his disposals to be at Dusty's level 2017-2020. Nobody's saying he's not one of the best, but the way he goes about disposing of the ball, the contests he does/doesn't kick to, kicking accuracy, and his kicking to a lead is often poor. A lot of his mistakes are not the result of pressure, but him just not planning to dispose of the ball. He could take a bit more time when he has space to do so - and he's so quick, he often does have the space. He often throws it on the boot as if there's pressure on him, when nobody is near him. If he could sort that out, there would be daylight between him and the next best in the competition. I'm not hating on the guy, I just think he's capable of being incredible. In short, yes, I'm asking for more.
Why do you hate Trac so much. Discuss

The majority of the best players who played the game have never won brownlow's so who cares about that (much like the coaches midfielder of the year award ;) )

Trac's Normy is worth much more.

The majority of the best players who played the game have never won brownlow's so who cares about that (much like the coaches midfielder of the year award ;) )

Going off coaches votes, Caleb Serong on 20 votes must be a better player than Pickett, Lever, Gawn, Fritsch, Langdon because he's infront of them. I certainly don't watch games, I just base everything on how the coaches voted and they definitely are right 100% of the time.

Going off coaches votes, Caleb Serong on 20 votes must be a better player than Pickett, Lever, Gawn, Fritsch, Langdon because he's infront of them. I certainly don't watch games, I just base everything on how the coaches voted and they definitely are right 100% of the time.

How the * is Tim Kelly on 23?

Ill tell you how, coz they vote off the stat sheet.

7 turnovers for Trac in the GF, voting panel obviously got that one horribly horribly wrong. Not too late to fix it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back