Review Dees v Norf: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

It was never going to be an easy game. No game is. Loved the fight back by the boys.

Bad: That Petty injury was a result of Sparrow struggling to hit him straight with a 20m kick dead in front.

Ugly: Harmes was/is atrocious. Thank christ that'll be the last time we'll see him in red and blue.
The bad, 4 x gold at the ground ffs

Most uninspiring 37 touch game ive seen in a while. By that I mean he wasn't terrible, he was just meh. Didnt notice anything particularly good he did with his 37 touches.
I thought we was pretty good, he wasn't noticeable but he did a lot of grunt work getting the ball out to other players probably what you want from Gus.

Game panned out as you would expect when a bottom team jumps out of the blocks like that. We gained control of the game and grind away. Third quarter was about putting on a match winning lead. Last quarter was back to preservation, was a bit frustrating would have preferred to have put more on the board but were never going to lose.

Despite all that allowing North to kick 6 goals in a row is pretty damn ordinary that s**t shouldn't happen. I will give North some credit they did play some good footy.

North came out and threw everything they had at us in the first quarter, while we were clearly prepared to only go at about 60% and cruise to a win. We got taken by surprise and had to adjust.

No surprise North couldn't keep it up though. They fired their shot then fell away.

It’s hard to mentally prepare for sh1t teams. North players also clearly were pumped to impress the returning Clarkson early. The important thing is we didn’t allow it to get out of hand, reeled them in and put them away. It was a professional performance.

Carlton will be a far different proposition. A genuinely big game against a side we may face again in September. They will fancy they can knock us off. Goodwin, Gawn, Viney, Tracc, May and Lever must have the 22 primed from first bounce. A fast starting Carlton with the Carlton Army roaring and up and about early is a dangerous Carlton.

The Good: Gus actually having a decent game
The Bad: Backline in the first half
The Ugly: Plugger Petty injury

Just saw this. Nice to hear that assessment from Trac even though he was probably the only bloke who turned up in the first quarter along with Kozzy. But get the feeling he's just parroting the coach.

Just saw this. Nice to hear that assessment from Trac even though he was probably the only bloke who turned up in the first quarter along with Kozzy. But get the feeling he's just parroting the coach.

Said in one of the threads it's probably another #goodyspray and I'm a big fan

For what it’s worth Whately & King on SEN now have us as the No.1 seed heading into September. “Things are opening up for them as the top weights round the turn”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't be an issue if I still had the option to multi-quote.
You should still be able to? I'm able to do it (unless you have some weird multi-quote ban that I've never heard about lol)

You should still be able to? I'm able to do it (unless you have some weird multi-quote ban that I've never heard about lol)
Only have 'Like' and 'Gift' options on closed threads.

Only have 'Like' and 'Gift' options on closed threads.
Ah, must be my special moderator powers then.

Thanks for letting me know – I'll start leaving threads open a bit longer so that the #ARG can do their thing haha

I would have been in this boat had I not been at the game. My understanding was kayo had the wrong time so you couldn't watch from the start.
Thanks to a poster on here who directed me to the Fox coverage I only missed 5 or so minutes . Kinda wish I had missed the first quarter tbo .

The gift button is a necessity, I use it every day on big footy.

Woah, woah, woah...I could have permanently banned a certain poster for the low, low price of $3000?

damian lewis bobby axelrod GIF by Billions

One more thing from me, what I learnt about yesterday is that it is the right decision to build a new stadium in Hobart rather than redevelop Bellrive oval. The amount of traffic coming in and out was pretty bad. Will be much better for travellers to just walk from their accommodation in Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back