Review Dees v Norf: the Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be the four more possesions per game he averages (which consists of more of both contested and uncontested possessions)...or the more marks, or double the tackles, or the less clangers, or the far higher disposal efficiency, or the more intercepts, or the more score involvements (even in an inferior team). But it's ok, take another screenshot over to your echo chamber for a few pats on the back.

Relax old mate goshaa is alright

Must admit i was a bit worried with no Gawn and although Jackson didn't appear to win many taps , once the ball hit the deck he was like another mid. He is a competitor , will be a beauty . With Pickett just going to have to be patient . He also looks very promising . For an 18 year old Rivers looks very composed and doesn't just belt the ball to no-one. Took a couple of good grabs too. As for Weid his first half was very good (apart from missing a couple he should of got) . All i will say is even Neitz was capable of have a day of spraying them all over the place . He will be fine .
Harmes is a worry , he seems horribly out of form .

2 wins in Adelaide is good , just remember it was against the 2 worst teams this season.

So I take it Matt Crouch is better than Patrick Cripps, Cam Guthrie is better than Marcus Bontempelli, Matt Taberner is better than Ben Brown and Dan Butler is better than Jordan de Goey? Because going by the logic you applied to Petracca being better than Dusty, the answer to all of the above is a resounding yes.

Those players are having better seasons, but are they better players? Not a chance. You’d be absolutely delusional to argue otherwise. Listen to Garry Lyon, one of the very few people in the media who talk sense and educate yourself.

And this board, I believe has a Looney Bin, where you quote opposition supporters’ stupid comments and take the piss out how f***ing stupid they are. We have one too. Welcome to ours.
Lol dude.

he said “he hasn’t eclipsed Martin but is currently a better player”

if you’ve been watching the entire season, Petracca has had a better year than Dusty. No one is saying he is ahead of Martin. Dusty obviously has runs on the board.

Stop being so fragile

Shouldn't go over the top because watching us play North and Adelaide, was like watching Port play us. Level above.

Weid was fantastic, really taking ownership of his 50. Love his want to come at the ball and not just run towards goal, also love the amount of contests he is hitting.

Brayshaws best game for the year no doubt, surely he should be banned from going outside the middle strip of the ground from now on. Get him away from the wings. How you manage that with Viney coming back in? Not sure. Gonna need Oliver and Viney to spend time forward then.
The shots on goal he was taking added a bit to our team. Need our mids kicking more.

Trac- nuff said.

Oliver, carried the ball in hand more the last 2 weeks than the entire season. He's a whole different player when he wants to be.

I just don't think all 3 can play that well together if you put Viney back in.

Levers best game for the year aswell, was actually going for his marks and played with alot more confidence. He deserves critisicm only for the fact that he can play better and we need him too. No different to giving s**t to Oliver, Tmac or Gawn

Pickett 😍😍😍
That snapped goal out of nothing is what we've been missing for years, creating a goal out of an ugly kick rather than needing everything to fall into place. Then nailing 2 kicks inside 50, one on each foot 😍😍. Doesn't have the body strength yet to shake any pressure but when he does ... Boy oh boy

Jackson- the little things, love his follow up work. Nearly tapped it too himself at a centre bounce, the arrogance of an 18yr old to do that is filthy. If he's developed properly I'm certain he can become better than Nic Nat one day.

Rivers in defence over Lockhart please, I like Lockhart but defence isn't for him

Bad- happy to admit now Jones is done. He doesn't add anything at all to the side. Surely another X factor player is the go in his place.
Thought Jones was decent tonight. Not the player he used to be, a few times his speed and strength caught him out but overall had his best game of the year imo

Shouldn't go over the top because watching us play North and Adelaide, was like watching Port play us. Level above.

Weid was fantastic, really taking ownership of his 50. Love his want to come at the ball and not just run towards goal, also love the amount of contests he is hitting.

Brayshaws best game for the year no doubt, surely he should be banned from going outside the middle strip of the ground from now on. Get him away from the wings. How you manage that with Viney coming back in? Not sure. Gonna need Oliver and Viney to spend time forward then.
The shots on goal he was taking added a bit to our team. Need our mids kicking more.

Trac- nuff said.

Oliver, carried the ball in hand more the last 2 weeks than the entire season. He's a whole different player when he wants to be.

I just don't think all 3 can play that well together if you put Viney back in.

Levers best game for the year aswell, was actually going for his marks and played with alot more confidence. He deserves critisicm only for the fact that he can play better and we need him too. No different to giving sh*t to Oliver, Tmac or Gawn

Pickett 😍😍😍
That snapped goal out of nothing is what we've been missing for years, creating a goal out of an ugly kick rather than needing everything to fall into place. Then nailing 2 kicks inside 50, one on each foot 😍😍. Doesn't have the body strength yet to shake any pressure but when he does ... Boy oh boy

Jackson- the little things, love his follow up work. Nearly tapped it too himself at a centre bounce, the arrogance of an 18yr old to do that is filthy. If he's developed properly I'm certain he can become better than Nic Nat one day.

Rivers in defence over Lockhart please, I like Lockhart but defence isn't for him
As for our midfield.

Oliver 75%, Petracca 75%, Viney 75%, Brayshaw 75%.

with time on the bench and roles up forward we should be able to give all 4 midfield time.

Thought Jones was decent tonight. Not the player he used to be, a few times his speed and strength caught him out but overall had his best game of the year imo
Yeah but the role his playing is the exact same role I'm shitting on Brayshaw and Harmes for playing. He's stuck on the wing not adding alot.

As for our midfield.

Oliver 75%, Petracca 75%, Viney 75%, Brayshaw 75%.

with time on the bench and roles up forward we should be able to give all 4 midfield time.
Forgetting about Sparrow, it's easy to put the numbers up but Oliver Viney and Brayshaw have been useless in those 25%. Could end up more detrimental

Forgetting about Sparrow, it's easy to put the numbers up but Oliver Viney and Brayshaw have been useless in those 25%. Could end up more detrimental
Sparrow played as a defender a lot as Jnr. He doesn’t need to be a mid yet.

[/QUOTE]
i get ya. But we don’t have s
Are you confusing sparrow and rivers?
No I’m not.

Sparrow played a lot in his draft year as a defender. The Melbourne board is confused that he is only an inside mid.

No I’m not.

Sparrow played a lot in his draft year as a defender. The Melbourne board is confused that he is only an inside mid.
[/QUOTE]
That's not quite true, he played most of the year as an inside mid and a little across half back. Still putting him behind the ball would just be shoe horning more players into the defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I’m not.

That's not quite true, he played most of the year as an inside mid and a little across half back. Still putting him behind the ball would just be shoe horning more players into the defence
[/QUOTE]
Sure he played majority as a mid, that doesn’t mean he can’t play another role.

As for now, Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw are our clear best inside mids. Everyone else needs another role first. Harmes on a back flank has been disappointing, Sparrow has a spot to nail.

Sure he played majority as a mid, that doesn’t mean he can’t play another role.

As for now, Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Brayshaw are our clear best inside mids. Everyone else needs another role first. Harmes on a back flank has been disappointing, Sparrow has a spot to nail.
[/QUOTE]
Sure but we are already jamming Salem and Lockhart down there and Hore is probably in our best 22 aswell. If Sparrow rests back then who does he kick out? Unless you drop Harmes straight out but you could be doing the same thing to him you've done to Sparrow

[/QUOTE]
Sure but we are already jamming Salem and Lockhart down there and Hore is probably in our best 22 aswell. If Sparrow rests back then who does he kick out? Unless you drop Harmes straight out but you could be doing the same thing to him you've done to Sparrow
[/QUOTE]
Right now Harmes isn’t best 22. I’d be playing Sparrow instead of him.

Haven’t read anything in this thread yet. Haven’t watched the game and won’t for at least another 12 hours. Trying to avoid spoilers, but made the mistake of looking at my notifications, and two of them have me very excited 🙏🏻
If I saw those notifications I'd be thinking "Oh no! Trac, and all our new draftees got horrifically injured" #mfcss #FistedForever

Yes but Sanders didn’t play for Philly so it doesn’t work!!
You know they drafted a running back last year named Sanders right? He's a pretty big deal too.

You know they drafted a running back last year named Sanders right? He's a pretty big deal too.
Shows how much I actually care about Philly football 😛

Shows how much I actually care about Philly football 😛

He far better than Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde and DeeJay Dallas. 😜😜

Certainly no Christian McCaffery tho, but who is?

He far better than Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde and DeeJay Dallas. 😜😜
Yeah but we make up for that with a real world Greased Up Deaf Guy at QB, an actual WR corps and LOB 2.0 now that Dunbar isn’t getting charged. Just need an edge rusher.

Yeah but we make up for that with a real world Greased Up Deaf Guy at QB, an actual WR corps and LOB 2.0 now that Dunbar isn’t getting charged. Just need an edge rusher.

Dunbar is human filth, imagine ratting out a supposed friend so you can get off easy. The karma bus is headed his direction soon.

Dunbar is human filth, imagine ratting out a supposed friend so you can get off easy. The karma bus is headed his direction soon.
Whole thing is a shitshow by the sounds of it. Witnesses changing stories, whole thing about the lawyer apparently paying people off. He may well be filth but the whole scenario is bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back