Review Dees v Norf: the Good, Bad and Ugly

Whole thing is a shitshow by the sounds of it. Witnesses changing stories, whole thing about the lawyer apparently paying people off. He may well be filth but the whole scenario is bizarre.

Yea I don't get it all either. Pretty safe to say Dunbar ratted on Baker tho.

Both of them are morons and deserve to be jail. Imagine losing money gambling then robbing the same place you lost money at hours earlier...how ******* dumb would you have to be?

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Dusty spends a fair bit of time forward. Might be good for Trac to do the same because we get the ball in there a lot but none of our forwards know what to do with it. No idea whether this is the solution to "what to do with gus" or not but there's got to be a way to make trac, viney, oliver and brayshaw work.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jackson's the perfect ruck to compliment Gawn.

So impressed with him. Thought he was going to be very raw, but his impact per possession is excellent. Genuinely creative and assured with his handballing. Kicking is solid. Athleticism scales well to AFL and is still a weapon. Gets to the drop of the ball inside 50 easily with his closing speed. Has genuine smarts and game sense though: see his block for Weidy last week and general follow up work. Has a hard edge too and doesn't shirk the contest.

Thought his first game against Carlton was going to be what we were going to get from him this year - a few flashes of brilliance, a few fumbles, dropped marks and not reliable as a key forward target against an AFL defender.

The funny thing was the club thought he could come in and out perform Weidy straight away, but he ended up pushing Tmac out of the team instead.

I think not having VFL has benefited him. Straight into the deep end where he's relished the challenge.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Quite seriously I wonder if this is what it was like for Dawks “fans” watching Cyril in ‘08. The guy is an excitement ball, and every time he goes near it something happens. He develops a little size to hold those tackles and a bit of finesse on some of that natural play-on-at-all-costs and gee, he is some sort of icing.
Rioli's first year was pretty special. Robbed of the Rising Star, contender for mark of the year and goal of the year, averaged 3.5 tackles, 14 disposals and a goal. Pretty sure he played every game including the granny.

Happy with Pickett so far but the lid is firmly on.
Feel like he gets murdered by the umpires though.

Yeah there is a difference between what Viney would be doing and what other pressure forwards do. I was being a bit cheeky.

Covering ground, getting deflections is more their role but ideally they do most the things you mentioned as well.
Perhaps. I think Viney would be more of an Izak Rankine - not in terms of ability or style but just in terms of his main threat being around forward half stoppages as his sole focus. More likely to drag a defender at those stoppages than say ANB or Hannan, and makes them panic.

Shouldn't go over the top because watching us play North and Adelaide, was like watching Port play us. Level above.

Weid was fantastic, really taking ownership of his 50. Love his want to come at the ball and not just run towards goal, also love the amount of contests he is hitting.

Brayshaws best game for the year no doubt, surely he should be banned from going outside the middle strip of the ground from now on. Get him away from the wings. How you manage that with Viney coming back in? Not sure. Gonna need Oliver and Viney to spend time forward then.
The shots on goal he was taking added a bit to our team. Need our mids kicking more.

Trac- nuff said.

Oliver, carried the ball in hand more the last 2 weeks than the entire season. He's a whole different player when he wants to be.

I just don't think all 3 can play that well together if you put Viney back in.

Levers best game for the year aswell, was actually going for his marks and played with alot more confidence. He deserves critisicm only for the fact that he can play better and we need him too. No different to giving sh*t to Oliver, Tmac or Gawn

Pickett 😍😍😍
That snapped goal out of nothing is what we've been missing for years, creating a goal out of an ugly kick rather than needing everything to fall into place. Then nailing 2 kicks inside 50, one on each foot 😍😍. Doesn't have the body strength yet to shake any pressure but when he does ... Boy oh boy

Jackson- the little things, love his follow up work. Nearly tapped it too himself at a centre bounce, the arrogance of an 18yr old to do that is filthy. If he's developed properly I'm certain he can become better than Nic Nat one day.

Rivers in defence over Lockhart please, I like Lockhart but defence isn't for him
This post was so positive I wept tears of joy

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Anyone else think Hannan was really good too?

Had a good impact and a few of his clunks were big for a mid-size fwd.
Yeah every so often he pulls out a quarter or a game where you think he's a gun mid forward. Has great hands, good leg speed and a good left boot. He's definitely best 22 in form

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone else think Hannan was really good too?

Had a good impact and a few of his clunks were big for a mid-size fwd.
Looked energetic, wanted to get involved. He needs to close gap between his top efforts and his ability to go missing for 9 quarters. He was pretty aggressive last night.

No doubting his ability, he can play up the ground well and is dangerous closer to goal. But just needs to find that consistency.

Side note I just looked and he's gone 26, and about to play his 50th game. Honestly didn't realise he was that old.

Bit of a fun exercise for the board ,what posters do you picture being someone or related to someone when you read them post

For example;

I notice ABray10 sticking up for Brayshaw so I've convinced myself that hes Gus' brother or Uncle
Topkent is definitely an Instagram thot who constantly dms Steven May
00Stinger continual blind eye turning to Clayton Oliver's poor form a month or so ago means he's Mr.Oliver
Demon bhoy getting mad at anyone who isn't currently best 22 on any sort of cash means he's actually Oscar the Grouch's brother whos an accountant

What have you noticed about certain posters and their bias' ? :)

Bit of a fun exercise for the board ,what posters do you picture being someone or related to someone when you read them post

For example;

I notice ABray10 sticking up for Brayshaw so I've convinced myself that hes Gus' brother or Uncle
00Stinger continual blind eye turning to Clayton Oliver's poor form a month or so ago means he's Mr.Oliver
Demon bhoy getting mad at anyone who isn't currently best 22 on any sort of cash means he's actually Oscar the Grouch's brother whos an accountant

parents always turn a blind eye towards their relatives (that they like) ;)

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh fu** me.

Try one post without a passive aggressive, middle aged, white woman complimenting her fellow middle aged, white woman's new haircut comment.
It’s was a joke dude lighten up, Hissy fits aren’t mandatory put them away for a bit

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

For example;

Calling me an accountant is a low blow, still could of been worse you could of accused me of working in marketing. Other than that harsh but fair, carry on.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 71

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

For example;

I think Spargo might have run over Dr Truths dog.

Well, replace 'might have' with 'repeatedly' and 'dog' with 'son'.

Back