Review Dees v Norf - the Good, Bad & Fugly in the Quest for 10-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon that's a horrible call, stepped into Vineys shoes and was involved in everything. The idiot commentators missed that most of his handballs were in front of teammates so they could run onto them. Was easily in our top 10 today.

I reckon he barely hit a target all day, his 'handballs to advantage' caused teammates to fumble & he doesn't know how to defend in our system!

I reckon he barely hit a target all day, his 'handballs to advantage' caused teammates to fumble & he doesn't know how to defend in our system!
Do we put that to not having the consistency of games too build on? It also looked like he was just trying too hard yesterday.

I don't recall his disposal efficiency being so bad when ge played against Richmond and Hawthorn?

Played like a gut that knows he'll lose his spot next week to Viney.

Na, he got it for "wasting time" and throwing the ball back high. :$
That’s textbook time wasting - deliberately returning the ball in a slower than required manner. It was brain dead by LDU.

A big penalty, but why do it if not to gain advantage by wasting time?

If it was paid against Melbourne I’d just think “Clayton, why did you do that?”.

That’s textbook time wasting - deliberately returning the ball in a slower than required manner. It was brain dead by LDU.

A big penalty, but why do it if not to gain advantage by wasting time?

If it was paid against Melbourne I’d just think “Clayton, why did you do that?”.

I get that it is but I still reckon its s**t by an ump to give 50 for it, he handed the ball back in a reasonable time , just threw it back a bit higher than normal.

I get that it is but I still reckon its s**t by an ump to give 50 for it, he handed the ball back in a reasonable time , just threw it back a bit higher than normal.
I have zero tolerance for those petulant time wasting acts.

I genuinely feel for the player who makes an honest mistake and returns the ball to the incorrect opposition player (who are often calling for the ball). They must be under pressure knowing they need to get it back quickly, and 50 for trying to do the right thing is harsh.

The ones who stop and ask the umpire “Which player?” when there’s only one opponent around and it was a blatant free… pay a 100 metre penalty for that rubbish.

PG, that hand-raising gesture he made in the GF after that "Fist of God" goal is something that will stay with me until my last breath.
This was my tear-jerker moment of the whole night. I’m a huge Oliver fan anyway, but the timing of the gesture. We were 3 goals behind and then suddenly it all changed in what seemed like a couple of minutes. Probably because it was only a couple of minutes. And it happened so fast that I didn’t really believe it. But after the Oliver goal, with the fist in the air, I didn’t care about anything else. Win or lose, today we are GODS

I did my part yesterday for the United Party, shoved flyers down peoples jackets who refused to take one and got in a couple of punch ups with the rowdy people who didnt appreciate it. Nice warm up for today when Theseventhhamster and me get down to business.
I truly hope you have footage. That would be awesome. It could only be topped by our dissecting it in Topkent’s lab

I truly hope you have footage. That would be awesome. It could only be topped by our dissecting it in Topkent’s lab

I can hardly record myself when I'm handing out flyers and knuckle sandwiches at the same time.

I can hardly record myself when I'm handing out flyers and knuckle sandwiches at the same time.
That’s okay. We’ll do better on the planning next time and have a team to capture the event

That’s okay. We’ll do better on the planning next time and have a team to capture the event

The United party member I was handing out flyers for told me I'm not welcome back and that I cost him votes, I said you can't be sure of that.

The United party member I was handing out flyers for told me I'm not welcome back and that I cost him votes, I said you can't be sure of that.
I like your commitment to things. Whatever things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said he matched the disposal efficiency of a few of our players. It was his first game up from the 2s after a few weeks and north did tackle well. He'd be better for it if he played again. I think he's pretty great depth for a final if we had to call on it, surprised we got him. He'd get a game at alot of clubs.

We're sitting two games clear, a percentage of 161 and we haven't lost a game. Sometimes you have games that don't click and you look exposed. Still won by 47...

Bedford’s defensive work is surprisingly s**t for someone who is an elite athlete and who the coaches speak very highly of
He's no Kozzy Pickett! I think Toby is averaging around 3 tackles a game when he gets on. Not too bad with limited opportunity! I like his pace and attacking nature, but yeah, will have to work more on his defensive game to get ahead of ANB, Spargs and Koz which is unlikely atm. He and Chandler are good depth though and handy sub players but i can see both only getting opportunities in the coming year or two through injury instead of forcing their way into the 22.

He's no Kozzy Pickett! I think Toby is averaging around 3 tackles a game when he gets on. Not too bad with limited opportunity! I like his pace and attacking nature, but yeah, will have to work more on his defensive game to get ahead of ANB, Spargs and Koz which is unlikely atm. He and Chandler are good depth though and handy sub players but i can see both only getting opportunities in the coming year or two through injury instead of forcing their way into the 22.
It’s not the tackling, it’s the lack of pressure acts and poor positioning. Important given our scoring heavily relies on forward turnover and repeat entries to not allow opposition to exit easily and he’s not holding his own there atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back