Review Dees v Orks: Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers, the Hawks have had the better of us since the 1961 Semi Final - where we kicked the first goals of the match and that was it - and I see no reason why this dynamic will continue. The Wee and Poo will be energised by their showing in Perth and the peaceful trip home (with plenty of leg room). Ever so fearfully, I predict that they will pip the Dees by 9 points.

Please share your thoughts after the game.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good
Mitch Brown. I liked him at Essendon. Just a hard worker.
Viney is getting more involved each game.
Jackson is really getting better each game.

Bad
Goal Kicking.
Should have taken control of the game earlier.

Ugly
Jones kick directly in front of the goals.

Worst 5-0 team ever. 🤗 (I'll keep saying it every week to bring the wins)

Hibbo, Lever and Maximus fantastic

Nice cameos from Hunt and Langdon.

Lot of room for improvement coz we were absolutely shithouse for 3 quarters. Loving the upside.

Uglies: Jones, ANB, Petty, Spargo, Jordon

Junktime legends to avoid uglies: Brown, Melksham

I hate to change a winning formula but * we have some nice players down at Casey and are deadset carrying some blokes right now. Swing the axe Goody you ruthless bastard.

Last edited:
The absolute immense
Gawn

The Good
Lever
Langdon
Pickett

The Bad
Melksham

The Ugly
Jones limping to 300

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Games in the balance late in the 3rd. Pig comes across and smothers Wingard with complete desperation
20210418_031248.jpg

The ball gets hacked forward, Pickett and CJ contest, ball spills to Jones who comes in and handballs to ...

20210418_031324.jpg

Hibberd kicks to Trac, who beats Hartigan and gets to Jackson for the McDonald goal.

TKs lab this is, Hibberd was a ******* star.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't know what to think of that game. No game is going to be easy but to put them away like we did is a really good sign. In the past we would have had to scrap that game out. Could see after quarter time we looked in control but the connection into the forward line was horrendous. We will need to be a lot better next week. Hard to ignore both weids and Benny Brown. Some tough selection decisions to be made. Unfortunately mitch is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good
- Mental resilience to overcome flat form and find a way to win.
- Fitness level to run out games and ability to pile on goals in a hurry.
- Others lifting when Tracc and Clarry aren’t dominating.
- Form of Lever, Hunt and Langdon
- Jackson, Pickett and Rivers what a one-two-three punch at the 2019 draft
- Maxy’s clutch goal 45m out!

Bad
Too slow across the park to challenge the Tigers and Dogs. Must bring in at least two zippy types, maybe three at the expense of guys like ANB, Sparrow, Jones and Jordon.

Fugly
We are playing with 21 while Jonesy is out there. Love him but he’s skewered.

Goods:
Hibberd was excellent. Solid defensively and gave us some good drive.
Hunt played pretty well, broke Linea at the right time and was good on d. Salem and Rivers (after QT) too.
Gawn was huge.
Langdon great on his wing. Gus solid too, although a bit sloppy.
Jackson growing a lot. Really solid contributor forward or in the ruck.
Grinding out the game then blowing them away in the last. Love it, some good signs.

Bad
Goalkicking.
Quite a few passengers: JJ, Jones the most obvious. Melk had some great touches but not enough. Junktime goals probably keep him in.
Pressure in the first half was poor very flat start to the game.

Ugly
Our F50 entries until the last were putrid.

Is this the thread for 5-0 clubs? Y'know what I've noticed about being 5-0 is that there are a lot of teams that aren't 5-0 and they wish they could be. Being 5-0 is great and I encourage these teams to try it out sometime. Five and O.
I think your comment has some substance.

I think Tmac's importance to the current structure is being undervalued. Proving a great target up on the wing and up forward.
Agreed. Been solid this year with providing an option up the ground and was good to see him hit the scoreboard today too.

Greats:

TMac, Gawn, Lever - all super games

Goods:

Trac - I liked his impact this week better than all matches bar Geelong this year so far...
Clarry, Langers, Hibberd, Koz, Rivers, Salem, Hunt, ANB
Brayshaw - really solid form, he's doing a tonne right structurely and defensively and is looking very assured. Not getting big numbers but having a positive impact.

Bads:
Jonesy, Melksham, Tomlinson, Spargo (last two get a pass since they've been great so far) & Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back