Review Dees v Orks: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Even Dwayne on commentary made it was like a big thing with Lewis, me and the watch party I was with meme'd on it for the rest of the day

"It was a 32 point margin at half time! It's a 30 point margin now!"

Wow Dwayne, a big ******* two point change right there
Haha. I didn't get that far into the replay, but at the game the Hawks crowd were very quiet after a s* first quarter. I just saw it as him trying to get the crowd behind them. 5 goals in todays game is very gettable. Although at the game it did feel like we were in control from start to finish. At least he didn't pull out the bow and arrow celebration! Who was that clown again?

Gawn's handball to Sparrow for the goal assist wasnt quite as good as Slick's to Trac last week but still very good. Nice to see two long perfectly weighted handballs set up goals, feel like the 10 metre handball is a bit of a lost art these days. Used to get some rippers exactly like those from players like Diesel and Scott West back in the day.

Gawn made that look way too easy for a guy his size. Trac also had a good handball to Fritsch in the 3rd through traffic.

Which makes the first quarter tactics even more bizarre. They literally played a style that waved the white flag. It just gave the players the players more motivation.
It's hard to say. Hawks did look s**t but our team defence just looked on. We turned it over and stuck alot of tackles.

It's hard to say. Hawks did look s**t but our team defence just looked on. We turned it over and stuck alot of tackles.
Perhaps the focus was to stop may and levers influence but the players went way too conservatively. Not sure if Mitchell wanted that or was expecting to suck the players up the ground, that didn't happen and there was an adjustment after quarter time.

Good: getting the win. Better than what I was expecting.

Goodwin picking Hore as sub, he wins again.

Bad: injuries. Kayo is starting to get worse and worse. Tempted to get foxtel again.

Ugly: Commentators constantly pumping up a comeback on a team that only managed 5 goals in the game. Dwayne's "they were 32 points down, they now 30" honestly would have to be up there with one of the dumbest things I've heard.
I enjoyed Dwayne’s “in this up to their eyeballs!” Because the hawks kicked two in a row.

Anyone could see hawks were far outclassed and no real chance.

Dwayne always attempts to breathe life into dead contests, probably under instruction from the network. He’s an idiot that thinks he is smart though with his lame af player puns at every opportunity. “Lever puts his lever into it to break that up” :$:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most organised we've looked defensively since 21', looked like every single player really committed to their role without the ball.

Only disappointment for me was we seemed to protect the lead a bit in the 2nd and 3rd rather than looking to do a number on them.
Upgrade the membership mate, we are onto a winner here

Every time I see a Goody press conference post game now and he says that he hopes that our supporters can see we have been working on our forward connection and scoring with that smart ass grin on his face I like to imagine hes talking directly to Topkent after his emails to the membership department were handed onto him. I cant unsee it when he says it now, it always cracks me up, similar to that member who emailed Roosy telling him when he was driving to G on Saturday he knew we would lose.

Every time I see a Goody press conference post game now and he says that he hopes that our supporters can see we have been working on our forward connection and scoring with that smart ass grin on his face I like to imagine hes talking directly to Topkent after his emails to the membership department were handed onto him. I cant unsee it when he says it now, it always cracks me up, similar to that member who emailed Roosy telling him when he was driving to G on Saturday he knew we would lose.
Whoa steady on.

Talking directly to Topkent???

Could just be thinking about pleasant hats.
I thought that initially, but if you look closer he is really talking about Kent’s emails

Talked up both contestdefense and tom sparrow within a minute. Coincidence? No. I bet he’s lurking right now. Love you Simon!

GOOD:
  • Fritsch finding form. Beating Sicily in 1v1s with better body work was very fun to watch
  • Koz's opening quarter and a bit - 3 goals, got us going
  • Vintage Clarry game, basically whenever the ball is in his area he's going to beat whoever is around him, win the footy and handball it to someone on the move. We look so much better when he keeps it simple and his teammates trust he's going to win it so they get on the move - even through a hard tag
  • Trac was immense - BOG
  • Tmac once again playing well. Very nice surprise, especially with Lever and May out for some time. Moving well and punching his kicks low.
  • Thought JVR had a handy game as the second ruck. Tackles and competes really strongly against bigger bodies than him. Will be scary when he's 27 and bullying defenders. I think he's the best option for our 2nd ruck until Fullarton absolutely knocks down the door in the VFL - which he's not guaranteed to do.
  • Team defence was also vintage 2021. Stopping those goals late in the game (Howes spoil, Trac spoil) was very fun to watch. Kept them to 38 points on a beautiful sunny day at the G with May and Lever going down in game is very good.
  • Gawny was good. I feel like his tap work this year is better than we've seen in years - maybe since 2018.
  • Nibbler's putting together a ripping year. His tackling and gut running is A+
  • Sparrow's 20 touches, 7 tackles (game high) and a goal was impressive, as was his intent. Played the ball and man with a real ferocity. He must read BigFooty.
  • Ben Brown's fake out pass to Chandler was fun.
  • Petty's return was encouraging. 9 marks and his versatility really came in handy with May and Petty out.
  • I thought we looked to be having a lot of fun out there. Everyone was getting around each other and plenty of smiles on faces. Good signs.
BAD:
  • Not a whole lot. BBB didn't have his best game but wasn't out marked a lot. Hard to be too disappointed with a solid team effort like that.
UGLY:
  • May and Lever injuries.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back