Review Dees v Orks - the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

could that be a direct result of having no marking targets to kick to? we are a small side and played with no wings yesterday which sort of makes it hard for the backs to find a target on rebound.
No second ruck doesn't help

If we had won we'd be heaping praise on our captain n couch for pulling it off so yeah dont mind actually doing it but * me when its nearly game over drop the ******* tag. we seem to have absolutely no in games moves

And deservedly so, we've had these problems for 18 months now with no fix in sight.
That's why my considerable amount of anger is now almost solely targeted at the coaching staff. No doubt plenty of players didn't perform, but the coaches effectively set our difficulty to Expert, and Hawthorn's to Beginner, the poor bastards didn't stand a chance.

Yeah the confusion to why hunt wasn’t selected was abit silly. His form hasn’t been terrible so far this year. But I do think he comes in this week.
I thought the vision of lever being dragged up the field and showing his inability to get back due to positioning was great.
Showing how the back six is being affected and just opened up.
I watched it this afternoon and it was very interesting. Lever really getting caught out of position and then being reactive on the rebound trying to chase down his opponent who had hung back for the kick.

Lewis was sucked into the contest on several occasions and just left his man behind. It was Rioli. Rioli slunk back and turned an uncontested possession into an effective kick to Henderson who kicked an easy goal.

It’s just simple things. Not being accountable and just having your weakness exposed.

Respectfully I would like to know why Gawn was off for so long in the second. He was destroying Mcevoy at the time.
I think it’s trendy to have an undersized Ruckman at a Centre bounce. And Goodwin seems to be sucked into the hype created by the WB using Lin Jong and Richmond using Shaun Grigg. You can only pull it off if you’re happy to lose the contest but want your Ruckman somewhere else for another reason. You also have to know your midfield will win the stoppages.

Gawn can be incredibly ineffectual around the ground when he is off. Missing that goal just makes the move look awful. If your ruck goes forward he has to kick goals. Harmes was probably encouraged to get amongst the ball by being in there, but the reality is you might as well play Pedersen if you want to do that, which in reality we needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didn't realise we had a brand.

00_Design_Homebrand.jpg

Also Jayden Hunt has gone backwards at a mile a minute. Kicking shambolic, doesn't mark anymore either. Schmutt said something to me in PM that I'll wait until he cools down before repeating but geez he looks an average footballer at the moment

He's horribly out of form at the moment, has shown he can play.

He's horribly out of form at the moment, has shown he can play.

Was out of form most of last year as well. Like its been quite a while since he played well. Basically can only get through quarters before the opposition shut him down. Has poor work rate.

ANB did about 16kms for the game and that's close to what Isaac Smith does. Id be very surprised if Hunt gets near that.

Was out of form most of last year as well. Like its been quite a while since he played well. Basically can only get through quarters before the opposition shut him down. Has poor work rate.

ANB did about 16kms for the game and that's close to what Isaac Smith does. Id be very surprised if Hunt gets near that.
You know you are making this contribution in last weeks review thread?

Also Jayden Hunt has gone backwards at a mile a minute. Kicking shambolic, doesn't mark anymore either. Schmutt said something to me in PM that I'll wait until he cools down before repeating but geez he looks an average footballer at the moment
Tried to kick on his left a few times last night. I don’t understand why.

Tried to kick on his left a few times last night. I don’t understand why.
Clever of him given he didn’t play against Hawthorn.

Now will you all go away and stop posting in this ancient review thread?

Thought the Hawks were anonymous last night. We definitely would have beaten them if we were playing them because they weren't at the ground. Just our bad luck, I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back