Review Dees v Orks: the Good, Bad and Miserable

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed the third quarter but thought we looked good in the fourth: pressure was on, we lost the lead and regained it. Players stood up when it mattered, had a few moments where we showed some uncharacteristic composure (Frosty, take a bow). That ~connection~ coaches rabbit on about was visible again: I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a chain of more than two kicks/handballs this season. Feel like 80% of the goals we kicked outside of the Sydney game were actual flukes whereas I reckon we actually earned a few this time 'round.

Silly to think we're going to switch on and play "dees brand" footy overnight especially with half a dozen of our best 22 injured and another half a dozen playing like sautéed arse but I reckon this was a fairly important step forward.

Nice to see the McDonalds have some good moments in particular- even our worst on the day (hi Jeff) had some ripper plays.

Also,

It's ******* Hawthorn, I absolutely love seeing them lose.

Good:
Tom clunked a few marks, kicked a nice goal
Frost at the end saved our skin
Max looking solid
Salem is a jet, sees the game better than anyone we've got
My boy Harmes trending up again
Signs the team is starting to get it's groove back slowly

Bad:
Jones taking on shots he knew he had no chance at getting trying to be the hero instead of passing off to team mates in better position
Jeffy
Oliver's disposal needs a lot of work, can pull a few nice things off yet **** the most basic of basic hand balls up
Copping those 2 soft 50s yet they stream through the zone every time we took a mark no issues

Fugly:
The war chant
War chant?

I only watched the last 40-45 mins. I’m sure there was plenty of ugly about this win, but sometimes you just got to win ugly. Season may not amount to anything but this could build some momentum.

Those last 3 efforts from Sam frost was f$&@ing amazing.

Even better my first child was born on Tuesday, so he is one from one. The side that I coach won by 13 points and yours truly kicked 4.

How good is footy!

Congrats man! Have you decided on a name?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After quarter time I thought we were good enough to win by 4-5 goals but we just couldn't execute. It looked a lot like 2018 - fast and with physical pressure.

We're just lacking class at the moment. Jetta and Lever down back today would've made an enormous difference.

Lewis HAS to be dropped. There is no excuse Goodwin. He was happy to drop Vince last year, dropped Oscar this year, it's time to send Lewis back to the VFL.

Felt a little like one of those Neeld/Bailey era wins, but * if, feels good anyway.

That period of a run of goals in the 3rd was great to see, felt good to be on top and making it count for once this season.

Even spread of contributors was great to see too.

Not sure how confident I am going forward though, still showed signs of the same problems we’ve been having, and our ball skills still look really poor.

But you have to enjoy any win, especially during the tougher periods.

Go dees!

After quarter time I thought we were good enough to win by 4-5 goals but we just couldn't execute. It looked a lot like 2018 - fast and with physical pressure.

We're just lacking class at the moment. Jetta and Lever down back today would've made an enormous difference.

Lewis HAS to be dropped. There is no excuse Goodwin. He was happy to drop Vince last year, dropped Oscar this year, it's time to send Lewis back to the VFL.
It’s gotten to the point where I feel ill seeing him in the jumper now. No amount of on-field leadership is worth effectively being a player down.

Nothing else matters pre Collingwood games has to be the most cringe worthy thing in recent times. Anyway good to see the players gain a little bit of confidence. They looked really shaky early but came good. The pressure was great and was good that we took away Hawthorn's game from them. Still have heaps of improvement start hitting our targets and we win that a lot more comfortably.

Harmes and Salem awesome today. Tagging sometimes goes under the radar and Harmes job on O'Meara was fantastic while still doing damage the other way. Salem has become so reliable with ball in hand.

Good/bad Oliver had a bad game but you know he won't repeat it.

OMAC gee was costly really lacking confidence.

Trac does some good things but his set shots are really concerning. Could tell he was going to miss that after taking such a great grab. He's better off just playing on straight away. Not really sure what to do with him.

Love the long sleever he reminded me of Jeff Hilton from the mid 90s
It works for him. Players either rock the sleeves look or look like w***ers. He falls on the positive side. No idea why but I stand by this regardless.

What a difference 5 points makes in ones quality of life. The long weekend (Qld) is all rosey now.

Surely the whole Scully booing thing is one of the most successful boo campaigns of all time. It was 8 years and two clubs ago but you can still hear it clearly on the tele. Lol.

I lightly boo Jeremy Howe sometimes, everyone else i’m cool with. But Scully? I’ll boo him all game. Such a prick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back