Review Dees v Orks: the Good, Bad and Miserable

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers, perhaps I am getting old and despondent, but I seem to remember a game where we prevailed over the Wee & Poo . . . . something involving Weideman . . . . Tom McDonald marking like Hercules in the last quarter . . . . or was it a bloodbath by 96 points . . . . . in what direction does the wind blow at VFL Park . . . . surely Campbell, Eishold or Yeats will nail it but not today.

Orks by 50 points

Skills were down but * me they competed well that second half. Breust and Gunston kept them in it, plus those dodgy 50s. Absolute best kind of win, boys dug so deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:
Tom clunked a few marks, kicked a nice goal
Frost at the end saved our skin
Max looking solid
Salem is a jet, sees the game better than anyone we've got
My boy Harmes trending up again
Signs the team is starting to get it's groove back slowly

Bad:
Jones taking on shots he knew he had no chance at getting trying to be the hero instead of passing off to team mates in better position
Jeffy
Oliver's disposal needs a lot of work, can pull a few nice things off yet * the most basic of basic hand balls up
Copping those 2 soft 50s yet they stream through the zone every time we took a mark no issues

Fugly:
The war chant

Good:
Tom clunked a few marks, kicked a nice goal
Frost at the end saved our skin
Max looking solid
Salem is a jet, sees the game better than anyone we've got
My boy Harmes trending up again
Signs the team is starting to get it's groove back slowly

Bad:
Jones taking on shots he knew he had no chance at getting trying to be the hero instead of passing off to team mates in better position
Jeffy
Oliver's disposal needs a lot of work, can pull a few nice things off yet **** the most basic of basic hand balls up
Copping those 2 soft 50s yet they stream through the zone every time we took a mark no issues

Fugly:
The war chant

Jeffy’s chase at the end was amazing

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good - the win. Obviously. Salem is turning into a real A grade operator. Probably our most important player with Harmes & Gawn.

Stretch, ANB, Lockhart, Hore, Hibberd were all excellent today.

The effort was better. We worked really hard and lifted when it mattered; tackling, pressure, running. All significantly better. We cramped up the Hawks space.

Bad - the fact it’s taken 7 weeks to work it out and cost us the year. Lewis is just done. We don’t need him. Seriously. Just call it a day mate and free up your spot. When May comes back he has to go.

Petracca is trade bait.

Ugly - our disposal is really bad. Really bad. Brayshaw is the worst offender. Was he this bad in U/18’s?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Good: i get to walk into work with my head held high on Monday
Good: I get to walk into work with my head held high on Monday
Fugly: I have to walk into work regardless

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I only watched the last 40-45 mins. I’m sure there was plenty of ugly about this win, but sometimes you just got to win ugly. Season may not amount to anything but this could build some momentum.

Those last 3 efforts from Sam frost was f$&@ing amazing.

Even better my first child was born on Tuesday, so he is one from one. The side that I coach won by 13 points and yours truly kicked 4.

How good is footy!

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
I only watched the last 40-45 mins. I’m sure there was plenty of ugly about this win, but sometimes you just got to win ugly. Season may not amount to anything but this could build some momentum.

Those last 3 efforts from Sam frost was f$&@ing amazing.

Even better my first child was born on Tuesday, so he is one from one. The side that I coach won by 13 points and yours truly kicked 4.

How good is footy!

Just saw this. Congrats and best wishes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back