Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
certainly was :thumbsu:

Weird footballer. He was absolutely amazing in his early years. I thought he could and would be anything, and was already virtually there. But he has stagnated since then and annoys supporters (I mean Port supporters first and now Hawks - LOL) because his flashy style looks a million dollars when he's dominating, but if he's not he comes over very strongly as not-a-team-player, often sulky and lazy.

Also he seems a bit of a git, but I think that's just his hair. He thinks he's Dom Tyson or something but he never will be.

You won’t believe me but i was sure this post would make a turn towards hair at some point 😂

Haven't had a chance to see the game yet, but will be back when i've reviewed it. But from what it sounded like listening to the second half on radio, it seems we managed to make 1 less * up than Hawthorn to somehow win

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Haven't had a chance to see the game yet, but will be back when i've reviewed it. But from what it sounded like listening to the second half on radio, it seems we managed to make 1 less **** up than Hawthorn to somehow win
Don't review the game. Review Clarko's presser. Make sure you watch all of it for context :thumbsu:

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Trolling one of us. Not smart enough to know who.
I'm not sure either.

I think I speak for everyone in hoping for another deconstruction of moody Clarko's presser. Though you missed his best work unfortunately. He used to have a good line in punching walls and similar, but he's toned it down recently.

Also one thing i want to mention, i know the old timey stance some fans and coaches have with long sleeves. You're either soft for wearing them or seeking attention. But i love seeing someone don the long sleeves on a cold day, Seeing hunt in them the other day (and i'm sure that Sicly let him know what he thought) i just loved seeing it, especially when it's not often they wear them now

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Also one thing i want to mention, i know the old timey stance some fans and coaches have with long sleeves. You're either soft for wearing them or seeking attention. But i love seeing someone don the long sleeves on a cold day, Seeing hunt in them the other day (and i'm sure that Sicly let him know what he thought) i just loved seeing it, especially when it's not often they wear them now
He makes the look work somehow. It can go either way. I tend to like them - same reason as you I suspect, because it's less common but there were some absolute stars who have gone with the sleeves in times past so I kind of think of it as a homage.

He makes the look work somehow. It can go either way. I tend to like them - same reason as you I suspect, because it's less common but there were some absolute stars who have gone with the sleeves in times past so I kind of think of it as a homage.
It's got a great vintage feel to it, even though older players hate it

I remember reading Speccy Megee when i was a kid, and in the first book i think it was, this cool kid rocked up one day and the kits they had we're all long sleeves, but this cool kid cut them off so everyone else did it to look more like AFL players. But Speccy stuck to his because he liked it, and then came out grinning when the Melbourne weather set in at training

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hated McGuire constantly referring to him as The Goalkeeper!
Yes I found this odd. I get it when a player is the last man in defense in the goal square, but he was getting called the goal keeper when he was well up the ground. Not sure why these commentators refer to other sports. Don't get me started on quarterback. Dal Santo justified the quarter back reference because how else do you describe that position. How does a position in another sport where a player has the ball and throws it have any relevance in afl?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wingard 100% would only have sex in front of a mirror and would be exclusively be looking at himself.

giphy.gif

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Stop being soft an seeking attention

Nothing better than Adam Yze, the Ox & the wizard rocking the sleeves.. Love it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back