Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Used to be my favourite thing in junior sport to go up to someone wearing sleeves at the start of a game and say "bit cold mate" and then spend the rest of the game holding on behind the play

I guess we aren’t counting on much in the air from Hunt, so not as big a deal?

It's not about being soft, it's about giving your marker something to tug on. Also makes you easier to tackle.
Used to be my favourite thing in junior sport to go up to someone wearing sleeves at the start of a game and say "bit cold mate" and then spend the rest of the game holding on behind the play

Gysberts2Bate: "It's not about being soft."

Also Gysberts2Bate: "I loved calling people who wore sleeves soft."

I honestly doubt sleeves or lack there of has any more than a minuscule bearing on how easy you would be to tackle. You can also tug on any other part of the jumper.

Gysberts2Bate: "It's not about being soft."

Also Gysberts2Bate: "I loved calling people who wore sleeves soft."

I honestly doubt sleeves or lack there of has any more than a minuscule bearing on how easy you would be to tackle. You can also tug on any other part of the jumper.
Wait where did I say I called them soft?

"Bit cold, mate" is a dig at them for wearing sleeves because they can't handle low temperatures.
It's not calling them soft though, is it? It's making sure they're aware that I'm tugging at their sleeves and inconveniencing them because they chose to wear them. And it definitely does make you easier to tackle, or at least much more difficult to break tackles.

It's not calling them soft though, is it? It's making sure they're aware that I'm tugging at their sleeves and inconveniencing them because they chose to wear them. And it definitely does make you easier to tackle, or at least much more difficult to break tackles.
Suppose. It read like you were giving them shiit for needing to wear sleeves though, lol.

Suppose. It read like you were giving them shiit for needing to wear sleeves though, lol.
If they interpret it that way then sure, but I certainly don't care. To each their own, but you're definitely doing a favour to your opposition. If being more comfortable on the field enhances your play enough that it doesn't matter then power to you I guess, but can't expect others to not comment on it when it's inherently disadvantageous.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Assumed the main issue was grabbing in marking contests but I guess it’s more of a general issue.
The other issue, more aesthetic then anything else, is while the AFL approves certain jumper styles (ie they permit no sleeves, and they permit long sleeves, but they generally don’t permit partial sleeves - like elbow length jobs or t-shirt style things) beyond these directives though, the clubs decide what is worn on game day.

Some clubs or possibly some coaches prefer uniformity so they don’t have a long sleeve jumper option. Hawthorn doesn’t permit long sleeves.

I don’t care and I quite like the long sleeves, but I do get the uniformity concept too - that it is a team game and individuals should wear the same uniform as opposed to diverting attention to themselves with sleeves or fishnets or whatever.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
fmd boys how good does hunt look with the headband and longie?! :fire::fire::fire:

still mad that nb refuse to make a longsleeve retail guernsey

Attachments

• 669987.jpg
    669987.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 92

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
100% Confirmed: Alistair Clarkson is a salty prick!!!

Melbourne are playing s**t football and everyone knows it. I have no issue with Clarkson pointing this out, as childish and unnecessary as it is.

The "singing from the rooftops" comment however is premium sodium chloride. It is (and has been) clearly acknowledged by the players, coaches and supporters that the club has a tremendous amount of work to do. To my knowledge no one has claimed that we have "put our season back on track", let alone anyone directly associated with the club.

To suggest that anyone is warming up the vocal chords, let alone finding a building to ascend and croon from is needless hyperbole that only serves to continue the shitty and false narrative that Melbourne fans have "gotten ahead of themselves" or the players "drank their own bathwater".

Alistair Clarkson is an entitled, salty and classless prick just like every single one of Hawthorn's fans. The only thing bigger than his ego is the massive stick someone plunged into his arse.

* you buddy. * you.

No one asked your opinion on Melbourne and no one cares about it either.

Back