Review Dees v Orks: the Good, Bad and Miserable

Remove this Banner Ad

knackers29

Senior List
Jun 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate I was **** campaigner tagger and a CHB and everytime I saw the long sleeves I thought you beauty. Oath it's soft and it was much easier to hold a bit of jumper under the arms. Way easier to tackle.
We never had them out our club, coaches would tell us to run if we were cold.
Definitely tended to be the soft blokes that wore long sleeves, but I always found it harder to tackle them. Easy to get your fingers in the arm hole of a sleeveless as they try to run past, then absolutely rag doll the bastards!!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3tEQQLpkZAkHEZtvJTBC2u&cshid=1557213480838

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I played most of my career in long sleeves and had no idea I was being soft. My junior club only provided long sleeves (there were a few kids that had short sleeves but I think you had to pay extra for them) I played Under 19's at a different club and was looking forward to wearing the short sleeves for the first time and was assigned number 3. Second game of the season I rocked up 10 minutes before the game and some ring in had pinched my jumper. The only one left was a long sleeves one. Played a pretty good game and decided to keep playing in long sleeves for the rest if the year. If you think toughness can be measured by sleeves might as well measure talent on a players boots.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you think toughness can be measured by sleeves might as well measure talent on a players boots.

Henceforth known as the Kyle Reimers Fallacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Aye? Can't be right.
He’s getting that part mixed up I think. For my part I can only recall a weekly meeting with item 2 each meeting being a standing reminder not to make Topkent a moderator. It seemed a bit harsh, but Crimson runs a tight ship.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He’s getting that part mixed up I think. For my part I can only recall a weekly meeting with item 2 each meeting being a standing reminder not to make Topkent a moderator. It seemed a bit harsh, but Crimson runs a tight ship.

20190507_161859.jpg

I think you normally post **** G2B but this is my early nomination for post of the year 🍺
This just in G2B has been banned from all POTY nominations

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I’m sure I’m not the first to notice or comment that the bit of play from about 1:45 left to the Suns final goal just sums this team up right now. I’m new to the game but it just seems to defy reality that we so consistently get absolutely nothing from the most promising of positions, only to have the other team waltz right in unopposed for a goal. This was even more glaring because we didn’t even really need a goal. One would have been nice of course, but we just needed a god damn ******* point, and it’s like total keystone ******* cops instead. Make lemonade when life gives you lemons, some may say. Well our boys seem to favor the scenario where life has given them all the ingredients to make a five star meal, only to take those ingredients and not even bother to make a meal, they just throw them in the ******* trash.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I’m sure I’m not the first to notice or comment that the bit of play from about 1:45 left to the Suns final goal just sums this team up right now. I’m new to the game but it just seems to defy reality that we so consistently get absolutely nothing from the most promising of positions, only to have the other team waltz right in unopposed for a goal. This was even more glaring because we didn’t even really need a goal. One would have been nice of course, but we just needed a god damn ******* point, and it’s like total keystone ******* cops instead. Make lemonade when life gives you lemons, some may say. Well our boys seem to favor the scenario where life has given them all the ingredients to make a five star meal, only to take those ingredients and not even bother to make a meal, they just throw them in the ******* trash.

Seems I’ve posted this to the wrong thread 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve no idea who the Orks or Aerus Coast are, so things get confusing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back