Review Dees v Orks & the Satan Bug: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Played like ass but we won.

Will need to play a lot better against the Saints next week.

Only watched the last and yeah it was ok. Got the win but wasn't inspiring.

Hopefully we have most of the outs back next week.

Will be interesting to see if other teams do what the Hawks do. Fast ball movement seemed to work well, unfortunately they messed it up a lot, but a cleaner team could hurt us.

Only watched the last and yeah it was ok. Got the win but wasn't inspiring.

Hopefully we have most of the outs back next week.

Will be interesting to see if other teams do what the Hawks do. Fast ball movement seemed to work well, unfortunately they messed it up a lot, but a cleaner team could hurt us.

Probably a decent chance others go out with COVID.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good:
Dunstan, Bedford, the 4 points.

The bad: Brayshaw's left foot, Lever.

The ugly: Inability to ice the game. Pathetic. Continually lacing out hawks defenders when going inside 50m.

The good:
Dunstan, Bedford, the 4 points.

The bad: Brayshaw's left foot, Lever.

The ugly: Inability to ice the game. Pathetic. Continually lacing out hawks defenders when going inside 50m.

No Bowey's left handed handball in the good?

That was like how the Hawks used to be beat us when they up and we were down, close game, blew them away in the 3rd, made it feel closer than it really was.

Good win honestly with all our covid outs, 7-0, Goody probably on the beers at home, all good stuff.

Ugly: Hawthorn and their smug supporters, they still have that air of not giving a crap if they lose due to recent success, v annoying, ah well, get in the bin.

Go dees!

That was like how the Hawks used to be beat us when they up and we were down, close game, blew them away in the 3rd, made it feel closer than it really was.

Good win honestly with all our covid outs, 7-0, Goody probably on the beers at home, all good stuff.

Ugly: Hawthorn and their smug supporters, they still have that air of not giving a crap if they lose due to recent success, v annoying, ah well, get in the bin.

Go dees!
Whilst it's good to see them spend a few years out of the eight, I actually find their supporters among the more reasonable on BF. Give me them over Richmond, The Western ™️, Geelong, Carlton, St Kilda, West Coast and Collingwood fans any day

Last edited:
The players we missed most were clearly Petty and Jacko. Though to be honest we took advantage of the ruck situation anyway and Gawn had an outstanding game.

Not gonna pot the boys too much - mostly credit to Hawthorn for putting up a hell of a fight

I just love making Hawthorn football club lose and they lost and we won, unreal.
I had a great Saturday afternoon anyway, but it's always better when you can say: "Suck s**t Hawks!", and I can.

Also very happy with:
Plenty of opportunities to hang s**t on Tom MacDonald. Can't believe he stole a goal of James Harmes. What a *in' pig.
Max Gawn getting a day out, I think that's important because I want him to be All-Australian Captain again this year.
Benny Brown having a nice 4 sausages, apparently he flopped for one or two of them too, not sure if true but ripper if it is :)
Loved seeing the boys "get around him!" when Bedford kicked a little goal. He looked very good to me! Some nice moments and a very happy looking kid.
13.13 is a more aesthetic score-line than 9.22.

Not sure if I'm buying the take the win and move on mantra anymore. We really need to pull it together next week against the saints. I doubt we will be in a fortunate situation next week where we have a goalless last quarter.

I thought the Hawks were brilliant and we played pretty well to win. Not buying this "we were crap, just got the 4 points" this week tbh. I have them in the top 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back