Review Dees v Perf Eagles: the Good, Bad & Fugly and Up the Clacker in the Heart of Australia

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The team has good forwards, a midfield that dominates and a very good back line.

Just week in week out it is the lack of basic skills that kill this team.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
The team has good forwards, a midfield that dominates and a very good back line.

Just week in week out it is the lack of basic skills that kill this team.
Isn't having skills part of having good forwards, a midfield that dominates and a very good back line?

If they don't have skills then they aren't very good at the game...

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Isn't having skills part of having good forwards, a midfield that dominates and a very good back line?

If they don't have skills then they aren't very good at the game...

It is the consistency that gets me. For example Fumbles ANB one minute, next minute drills a perfect pass into the 50 .... It is all there just so freaking inconsistent.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Best bits for me:
Pruess' tackle on that guy where he just stopped tackling him. What in * was he actually thinking? "Yeah, reckon that's close enough".
ANB jumping into some other guys arms after he flukes a set shot to put us only two goals down with less than 10 minutes to play in the last. Saw that with the telly muted and assumed we'd just nailed the winner. Save the ******* celebrations until there's actually something worth celebrating mate. It makes all of us look like a bunch of utensils.

Also there's something to work with in Harrison Petty forward. He's no Aaron Naughton but for someone who's never even played as a forward in juniors he seems a likely type. If Weideman is fit again I hope we drop Preuss and keep Petty forward rather than persist with Preuss as a resting forward and drop Petty or move him back again. If Petty does go back to Casey he has to play as a forward. Once he learns the craft of leading patterns at that end of the ground and gets some confidence kicking through the ball for goals he'll be more than handy.

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good -
Bailey Fritsch forward.
Salem and Oliver were good.
Lewis exploiting McGovern. Perfect role for Melksham when fit.
If Jake Lever gets a good run at it he will be very very handy. Good signs today. A few times he and May spoilt each other so the more they play together the better we’ll be.
Brayshaws job on Yeo for 3 quarters. Played with more intent and tackling pressure was back. Shouldn’t need a tagging role to bring that to his game.
There aren’t any great teams right now. If* we draft and trade well and if* we fix our game plan there’s no reason we couldn’t win a flag as early as next year.

Bad -
Lost another game we should’ve won.
Frosty was poor.
Umpiring was poor, both ways.
After losingcontested possessions and clearances in the first half and kicking 7 goals which should of been 12, we then won both stats comfortably after half time and struggled to score.
No confidence in Goody to fix the problems with our game. Not sure he wants to fix them.

Ugly-
Goal kicking. So so bad.
Eagles supporters. I’d rather have a beer with a member of ISIS than an eagles supporter.
Preuss

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
We certainly played some decent footy. But some of the turnovers and missed shots on goal killed us.

Clarry back in form was great. But he’s still got to work on not handballing to a teammate about to get set upon.

I thought pre game Lewis should get a defensive job on Hurn. With him out it surprised me he went to McGovern. But he did a decent job as a forward.

Fritsch is such a natural forward. He played a fantastic game but missed a couple he could have kicked. His late turnover killed us.

The backline was good. May has been an excellent addition and Lever started to get back to his intercepting best.

Unfortunately Preuss isn’t a forward. Smith or Weideman in for him next week.

We had some really good patches through the midfield and if we can carry that on throughout the remainder of the year we should be competitive.

We clearly ran out of gas in the end but hopefully we can carry a bit of momentum into next week. Although the saints will be buzzing.

We certainly played some decent footy. But some of the turnovers and missed shots on goal killed us.

Clarry back in form was great. But he’s still got to work on not handballing to a teammate about to get set upon.

I thought pre game Lewis should get a defensive job on Hurn. With him out it surprised me he went to McGovern. But he did a decent job as a forward.

Fritsch is such a natural forward. He played a fantastic game but missed a couple he could have kicked. His late turnover killed us.

The backline was good. May has been an excellent addition and Lever started to get back to his intercepting best.

Unfortunately Preuss isn’t a forward. Smith or Weideman in for him next week.

We had some really good patches through the midfield and if we can carry that on throughout the remainder of the year we should be competitive.

We clearly ran out of gas in the end but hopefully we can carry a bit of momentum into next week. Although the saints will be buzzing.
Even May or Lever as good as they were made some crucial errors late, which is more of a team momentum issue. When the whole team is up and about your best players don't get put in situations where they make mistakes. Once we hit form it'll turn quickly.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Even May or Lever as good as they were made some crucial errors late, which is more of a team momentum issue. When the whole team is up and about your best players don't get put in situations where they make mistakes. Once we hit form it'll turn quickly.
Lever certainly made a couple of uncharacteristic kicking errors. He’s getting some crucial match practice in.

Lewis is a 100× better player up the ground.

Why has he been wasteddown back for 3 years?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Back