Review Dees v Poort in the Jack Watts Cup: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude and maybe this has already been posted, but I think your selectors might have erred in not playing big Preussy. Ryder and Lycett would not have got away with what they did to Maxy, if Preussy had have been out there.

Preussy likes hurting blokes and Ryder and Lycett would almost certainly have felt the pain and might not have been quite so "brave".

Lewis on 360. Confronting review for the players. All bar 2-3 were not at the effort/ standard to have been considered as playing their role.

Well, everyone knows it. Let's hope they respond

Lewis on 360. Confronting review for the players. All bar 2-3 were not at the effort/ standard to have been considered as playing their role.

Well, everyone knows it. Let's hope they respond
Lewis was right. One was Salem. I wonder who the two or three are?

Melksham and Fritsch?
Yeah. Them. Or remove Melk and insert Sparrow - as debutant in a team that didn’t have a strong strategic grasp on what they were doing, I would rate him as a pass.

Sorry to intrude and maybe this has already been posted, but I think your selectors might have erred in not playing big Preussy. Ryder and Lycett would not have got away with what they did to Maxy, if Preussy had have been out there.

Preussy likes hurting blokes and Ryder and Lycett would almost certainly have felt the pain and might not have been quite so "brave".
Yeah definitely. I think they were scared off by quickly how burnt himself playing solo in that JLT game, and probably resolved to leave him in the VFL for a time to build his match fitness, but it always seemed like a no brainer to play him along with Max for this game if any, and that theory was backed up tenfold after the game.

Melksham kicked the ball into the man on the mark at least 3 times. That is just lazy.
Every time that happened he was taking the game on or moving it on quickly on the limited occasions we had blokes in space.

Melksham kicked the ball into the man on the mark at least 3 times. That is just lazy.
Did anyone else get frustrated with Melksham passing the ball to teamamtes literally in a worse spot to him in the F50? Pretty sure he did this at least 3 times, maybe more. Why won't he just go back and take the kick for goal? Lack of confidence? Or does he want to be the leading assist getter again this season? I was talking about this with fans around me at the game and it was just strange!

Did anyone else get frustrated with Melksham passing the ball to teamamtes literally in a worse spot to him in the F50? Pretty sure he did this at least 3 times, maybe more. Why won't he just go back and take the kick for goal? Lack of confidence? Or does he want to be the leading assist getter again this season? I was talking about this with fans around me at the game and it was just strange!

Maybe wasn’t quite 100%, the pass to Jones was weird.

Maybe wasn’t quite 100%, the pass to Jones was weird.
Yeah, he struggled to run out the game, but I just don't know why he lacks confidence in his kicking for goal? He's one of our better kicks. It's great to be a team player, however at times you just need to slot the goal yourself. I reckon there was three times he passed the ball to someone else in a similar or worse spot to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he didn't have the confidence in his distance kicking, or maybe he just wanted to get the captain involved.
It was like 15 metres backwards on a slightly worse angle. But he'd done similar passes before that as well. Maybe that's his role is to be that assist guy in the F50, but being one of our better kicks, he should be having the confidence in his own ability to lay back and kick the goals when in a decent position. I don't know, is there such a thing as 'too team oriented'? We'll see how he goes this weekend with a game under his belt.

It was like 15 metres backwards on a slightly worse angle. But he'd done similar passes before that as well. Maybe that's his role is to be that assist guy in the F50, but being one of our better kicks, he should be having the confidence in his own ability to lay back and kick the goals when in a decent position. I don't know, is there such a thing as 'too team oriented'? We'll see how he goes this weekend with a game under his belt.

Its never been a problem before, last year people were saying he was being too selfish early in the year.

Its never been a problem before, last year people were saying he was being too selfish early in the year.

When you've marked 30m out near directly in front, not many people can accuse a guy of being selfish if he goes back for the set shot. For a forward to chip the ball 15m backwards to a not-overly-prolific midfielder on a worse angle is just a plain stupid thing to do, as is kicking straight into the man on the mark. Multiples times. That's why Melksham is a s**t player.

Melksham is a s**t player.
Delist!

Hasn’t played a good game for us let alone win us a game.

Firing squad I’d say, unless they are as bad a shot as he is lest he play another 100 games .

maybe the coaches got in his ear about being selfish, like they did to Petracca, and ruined his confidence at kicking goals as well.

I'll wait to see if he does it again before melting. He literally might have been cramping in his hamstring when it happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back