Review Dees v Richmond: the Good, Bad, Fugly and very Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan was also injury-prone.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Literally never said Tmac was cooked. You don't think he's playing hampered by his injury at the moment? Clearly at his peak ey?

Mate do you not realise what you are saying.
He's not a good forward and it would never last
But he's super clearly injured

So you can't ******* judge him as a forward then

Bloody oath it is or were you also 'predicting' the other 90% of our side being **** aswell.
Weid has hardly been that much worse than the majority of our side.

Literally with your powers of prediction you should have seen Omac being **** this year and realised we needed another key defender
We're not talking about the rest of the side.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone thinking that it was a bit of a risk having Tmac and Weid as our key forward options.

Mate do you not realise what you are saying.
He's not a good forward and it would never last
But he's super clearly injured

So you can't ******* judge him as a forward then
I'm saying both. He's not 100% and I think he's better as a defender.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone thinking that it was a bit of a risk having Tmac and Weid as our key forward options.

So you are advocating we traded pick 5 and 23 and probably something else for another key forward, playing Weid in the reserves and losing him at the end of the year? Cause that would be even dumber

Well no one agrees with you because he was our best key forward last year and the back end of 17.

It's laughable you think Mcdonald the key defender fluked a better season than our 'star' key forward ever had

So you are advocating we traded pick 5 and 23 and probably something else for another key forward, playing Weid in the reserves and losing him at the end of the year? Cause that would be even dumber
Well we're holding up one end of the bargain at least

Well no one agrees with you because he was our best key forward last year and the back end of 17.

It's laughable you think Mcdonald the key defender fluked a better season than our 'star' key forward ever had
Didn't he play down back against Richmond? How's he going as a forward this year?

Why would we have lost Weid at the end of the year if he couldn't get a game for us? Would it have been a big loss if he still couldn't get a game for us?

So is he injured or not?
Your whole argument has fallen apartment.
I'm not sure how many times I can say it?

I think he's clearly hampered by his injury and I think he's better down back. You think he isn't injured and is a better forward than anyone else we've got.

Why would we have lost Weid at the end of the year if he couldn't get a game for us? Would it have been a big loss if he still couldn't get a game for us?

Because if he's 3rd string he's not getting games which means it was a waste of a draft pick and 4 years development. Or he's second string and we go and spend draft picks and cash on a bloke we don't need.

You've basically written off both our forwards now whilst ignoring the whole side is going ******* s**t.

I'm not sure how many times I can say it?

I think he's clearly hampered by his injury and I think he's better down back. You think he isn't injured and is a better forward than anyone else we've got.

If he's injured then his form this year is irrelevant so stop using it as evidence he can't play forward. Pretty simple.

Because if he's 3rd string he's not getting games which means it was a waste of a draft pick and 4 years development. Or he's second string and we go and spend draft picks and cash on a bloke we don't need.

You've basically written off both our forwards now whilst ignoring the whole side is going ******* ****.

If he's injured then his form this year is irrelevant so stop using it as evidence he can't play forward. Pretty simple.
Either way then. If he isn't injured, his form as a forward this year has been absolutely terrible. Even simpler. I still don't understand why it can't be both though. He's hampered and (IMO) a better defender. You disagree. And that's fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've basically written off both our forwards now whilst ignoring the whole side is going ******* ****.
That's a fair point. The rest of the side is going terrible and that definitely contributes to our forward line troubles.

I haven't written anyone off. I've said I think TMac is better down back and Weid is still developing. That's literally what I've said. Stop flying off the handle

That's a fair point. The rest of the side is going terrible and that definitely contributes to our forward line troubles.

I haven't written anyone off. I've said I think TMac is better down back and Weid is still developing. That's literally what I've said. Stop flying off the handle

My issue is you are so certain that injury has cruelled him yet he should still be judged on 6 injured games whilst ignoring the 17 he tore to shreds last year.

My issue isn't where you think he's better, it's your flimsy argument to discredit his year last year.

Plus yeah the whole side is going s**t
Literally Salem and Hore are the only 2 players playing at a higher level than last year. Melksham Oliver and Brayshaw have been ok... that's it.
The rest have been absoloutely dog s**t. Tom Lynch and Alex Rance would struggle in this side.

"I'VE SUPPORTED THIS RABBLE SINCE 1712 AND I'M ******* SICK OF ITTTTTTTTTTTTT".
For the record I post s**t like this all the time but I don't mean any of it.

Obviously coming of a prelim this year's a bit shitter than most but whatever, realistically our best chance for a flag is gonna be when Gawn, Oliver, Brayshaw, Harmes etc. are all between 100 to 150 games or so.

Still plenty of time for s**t to go completely wrong!

My issue is you are so certain that injury has cruelled him yet he should still be judged on 6 injured games whilst ignoring the 17 he tore to shreds last year.

My issue isn't where you think he's better, it's your flimsy argument to discredit his year last year.

Plus yeah the whole side is going ****
Literally Salem and Hore are the only 2 players playing at a higher level than last year. Melksham Oliver and Brayshaw have been ok... that's it.
The rest have been absoloutely dog ****. Tom Lynch and Alex Rance would struggle in this side.
I'm not really saying injury has cruelled him though. The injury part of my argument more relates to what i was saying about supporters being upset with the club and the way we've gone about things.

I was saying that I thought it was a risk relying on him and Weid up forward, when TMac had a recent injury history making it kinda likely he might get injured again, thereby leaving Weid there alone because Hogan left. I thought we probably should have anticipated that there was a pretty high risk of TMac under-performing relative to an almighty (UNPRECEDENTED!) year last year given he missed a bunch of games last year with a toe/foot injury that he was managing. Ie he was always one injury away from it just being Weid up there alone. That really didn't inspire much confidence in me, because he was most certainly still finding his way last year, and that's even with us up and running. Now we aren't performing as a team, it's no surprise to me that Weid is really struggling.

Hindsight is wonderful but I think we really could have covered our bases a bit better rather than relying on TMac and Weid. Kinda like how I wanted us to go after a ruckman last season too. If Gawn had have gone down early last year, we'd have been buggered. My line of thinking was the same here.

My initial post you replied to was all about explaining why dees supporters have reacted the way they have. I at least was pissed off at the club for not going after a forward to replace Hogan because of the above reasons. If I am alone on that front, I'm OK with that.

There’s nothing wrong with having McDonald and Weidemann as our KPF. Last year McDonald was averaging virtually the same statistics as Hawkins and I had to convince a particular Geelong campaigner that Blicavs wasn’t going to have an easy match up in the EF as he thought would eventuate due to underrating McDonald.

How many goals has TMac kicked since the back end of 2017? Quite a few. He is an elite reader of the ball, excellent mark, got a huge engine and is a pretty straight set shot. He is injured. That’s hampering him. He is also receiving C grade delivery. Have you seen our forward entries this year? It’s on par with Old Fitzroy v Ajax reserve grade.

We’ve now got Steven May, an excellent defender and Jake Lever, a better one whose played less than 70 games. Our backline is set when they’re fit. Weidemann is as green as the celery in my bolognese sauce. He has shown enough to persist with. He will be fine.

Let’s not jump the gun here re McDonald being injury prone when he has had setbacks, but has a huge future as a forward. With decent delivery, he is a handful for any defence. As far as trading Hogan?;
1. Wasn’t happy in Victoria
2. Didn’t perform last year against any decent sides
3. Kicked bags against average sides
4. We actually won two finals without him
5. Weidemann played his best games in finals

I'm not really saying injury has cruelled him though. The injury part of my argument more relates to what i was saying about supporters being upset with the club and the way we've gone about things.

I was saying that I thought it was a risk relying on him and Weid up forward, when TMac had a recent injury history making it kinda likely he might get injured again, thereby leaving Weid there alone because Hogan left. I thought we probably should have anticipated that there was a pretty high risk of TMac under-performing relative to an almighty (UNPRECEDENTED!) year last year given he missed a bunch of games last year with a toe/foot injury that he was managing. Ie he was always one injury away from it just being Weid up there alone. That really didn't inspire much confidence in me, because he was most certainly still finding his way last year, and that's even with us up and running. Now we aren't performing as a team, it's no surprise to me that Weid is really struggling.

Hindsight is wonderful but I think we really could have covered our bases a bit better rather than relying on TMac and Weid. Kinda like how I wanted us to go after a ruckman last season too. If Gawn had have gone down early last year, we'd have been buggered. My line of thinking was the same here.

My initial post you replied to was all about explaining why dees supporters have reacted the way they have. I at least was pissed off at the club for not going after a forward to replace Hogan because of the above reasons. If I am alone on that front, I'm OK with that.

But we don't just have Tmac and Weid....

We have Tmac, Weid, T.Smith, J.Smith, Preuss, Keilty.
Melksham can play deep forward. As could Hannan and AVB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back