Review Dees v Richmond: the Good, Bad, Fugly and very Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: Gawn, Stretch, First quarter
Bad: Entire midfield - No run and no confidence
Fugly: Transition out of defence, kicking into the the forward 50

I like the changes the Goodwin made. But our skills let us down.

Brayshaw and Harmes both repeatedly butchered their kicks forward. If they had nailed those, it could have made a difference.

Good:
- Salem was handy and generally pretty clean.
- Melk was pretty sharp in the guts too.
- Stretch looked alright. Deserves at least another week or two.
- Unrelated but the Rocket Eade spray about Will Minson is worth a look to cheer up after that slop.

Bad:
- Whatever, lots. Us.

Ugly:
- That whole game after quarter time.
- Our skills were Neeld level bad. Missing so many handballs and kicks. I'd hate to see our 'attempted' tackles too. Probably 80000x more than actual tackles.
- Neeld level coaching setup too. We didn't get slaughtered on the scoreboard but were never a chance to win and played so dumb. So often keen to play on to nothing, or play slow when we get a fast break and guys are streaming forward. What a ******* farce.
- Listening to the commentary circlejerk regarding Richmond and their PRESSURE, DID YOU KNOW RICHMOND PLAY WITH HIGH PRESSURE? AND SYDNEY STACK IS 18? AND JACK HIGGINS LOVES A GOAL? LOL WHAT A STORY (note I like Richmond, but get over it you carnss)

And anyone who points out Lewis is missing 15 other ******* spuds that will not show half the heart or have half the career he has had
Lewis winning flags at Hawthorn doesn't absolve him of his shitness in games like tonight. He was very ordinary tonight (though stiff giving up that 50, but I think the umps must've been bored by that stage. The 50s we got were soft as butter too).

Seems like the teams on to tend to take the risks on these kids, the teams on the way up out in the bottom just can't afford to take the risk incase it doesn't come off.

He looks like a genuine player, there were plenty on this board that wanted us to nab him later on.

Hopefully this gives more teams confidence to take risks on kids like him.

Yeah that’s a good point

It’s only been in the last few years that Richmond have taken more risks in the recruting department

Ironically it’s some of the first round draft picks that were probably deemed safer at the time that haven’t worked out kike
Ben Lennon and Corey Ellis

Ill stop turning this thread into Richmond draft talk now

Once again I do generally hope the dee’s find that form from last year But even if they don’t 2016 was the most disappointed I had ever been as a Richmond supporter but you don’t need to be reminded what happened for us in 17

Still can’t get over the fact no clubs were willing to take a risk on him

Hope your boys turn the corner soon also that footy that was played the tail end of last year was sublime and good footy like that is good for the comp
You may know because you eventually took him, but what was the big concern?

As CWaffles said, there was a few of us who were really keen on him ... tho I'll admit, I was eying him as a forward, but turns out he's a gun half back as well.

Hogan had played one good game at Freo, so other than that he has done nothing except be a **** up.

Hogan would have been the first with his head down tonight, he plays well when things are going our way otherwise he is a morale destroyer.

Why keep a guy around that didn't want to be here?
2 good games...2 and 2 ok games

v McDonalds 0 ok games up forward and Weidemans 1 ok games and 5 s**t games............And Mays 0 ok games

Yep, great trading boys, great trading!

Yeah that’s a good point

It’s only been in the last few years that Richmond have taken more risks in the recruting department

Ironically it’s some of the first round draft picks that were probably deemed safer at the time that haven’t worked out kike
Ben Lennon and Corey Ellis

Ill stop turning this thread into Richmond draft talk now

Once again I do generally hope the dee’s find that form from last year But even if they don’t 2016 was the most disappointed I had ever been as a Richmond supporter but you don’t need to be reminded what happened for us in 17

We are a perfect example of to picks that never live up to it, i hope it starts to prove you can get some bloody good players later on the draft or even directly out of the state leagues.

You may know because you eventually took him, but what was the big concern?

As CWaffles said, there was a few of us who were really keen on him ... tho I'll admit, I was eying him as a forward, but turns out he's a gun half back as well.

From what I’ve been able to put together it was a lot of off field issues
Apparently he was basically homeless at one point and wasn’t looking after himself body wise
Seen a few reports that he needed to get out of W.A. and away from some bad influences

2 good games...2 and 2 ok games

v McDonalds 0 ok games up forward and Weidemans 1 ok games and 5 s**t games............And Mays 0 ok games

Yep, great trading boys, great trading!

Go chuck on a purple and white scarf then, he doesnt play for is anymore so harping on it won't change a thing.

Also no idea where his other 'good' game was

So disappointed in this club yet again. Shameful what's happened really. We're going to go into the Suns gane 1-7! An unbelievable and unforgivable disaster. Time for Pert to earn his $$ and make some decisions. Can't keep this up without consequences..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he was basically homeless at one point and wasn’t looking after himself body wise
Seen a few reports that he needed to get out of W.A. and away from some bad influences

Good to see some think staying away from the bad influences in WA is a good idea

Go chuck on a purple and white scarf then, he doesnt play for is anymore so harping on it won't change a thing.
great response champ.

I guess I will just be stoked and support the club everytime they make a trade then.

Anyone want Gawn for a 3rd rounder???

Fugly
The glut of "I told you so!" coming out of the woodwork (not just re: Hogan).

seems fairly common tbh.

West Australians with issues, move them out of WA and they are fine. Send them back and they are ****ed!

You honestly think we wouldn't be 1-5 with Hogan?
I 100% honestly believe that we wouldn't be as bad yes.

Pretty easy argument considering how amateur standard Tmac, Weid, Fatboy May and KK have been.....

Just woke up. What did I miss?

Sounds like not much. I think I might put the cue in the rack

Who am I kidding, I’ll be back for more

I need to get into that 2014 mindset where I really value a win and that excites me. Can we upset a few in the latter half of the year?

This is what always annoys me about recruiting at times. They spend millions on recruitment and development and at times still cannot roll the dice on players with this much talent. Surely they could direct some of that money to cater for someone with Stacks talent. Stack was close to the best midfielder from WA in his draft year.

Can’t wait for Goody’s presser.

Hint: The bright light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.
Bright light is we will trade away our early first round pick and nest years for another injury prone defender that never plays.

That seems to be the only consistency with this team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back