Review Dees v Richmond: the Good, Bad, Fugly and very Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Bright light is we will trade away our early first round pick and nest years for another injury prone defender that never plays.

That seems to be the only consistency with this team

Hopefully we trade out a few more of your favourite players so you can continue giving the rest of the board s**t.

I 100% honestly believe that we wouldn't be as bad yes.

Pretty easy argument considering how amateur standard Tmac, Weid, Fatboy May and KK have been.....

We may have lost those game by less, yes i agree but we would still be 1-5 so let's stop pretending Hogan leaving is the reason we are sitting second bottom with a horrible percentage.

Hey Guys,

Just stopping by to mention that was the most horrendous coaching I have ever seen. Melbourne were going well until quarter time. Then just went super defense for no apparent reason. Made no sense to me whatsoever what was going on there.. I was hoping Melbourne would do well this year, but again looks mediocre on all fronts. commiserations.

Awesome, we were so intent on trying to play better defense that we said * scoring ourselves .Yawn!!!

It's almost felt like we were back in 2015 with Roosy teaching us the basics.

Bright light is we will trade away our early first round pick and nest years for another injury prone defender that never plays.

That seems to be the only consistency with this team

What’s the betting we trade away our very early first rounder for:

3 “Magic” beans

This is what always annoys me about recruiting at times. They spend millions on recruitment and development and at times still cannot roll the dice on players with this much talent. Surely they could direct some of that money to cater for someone with Stacks talent. Stack was close to the best midfielder from WA in his draft year.

Agree 100% even the fact that Richmond didn’t use a national or rookie draft pick (along with all the other clubs) is frustrating

Would be good to see clubs back in there culture and off field resources in the first place
Makes you wonder the players we as fans of the game missed out on and talent that had gone to waste away because they were deemed too risky
When maybe all they needed was a stable professional environment

Will be furious if any of Fritsch, Weideman or Petracca play next week. They can carpool down to Casey. Fritsch has become billy big balls. Lazy as * on field.

What’s the betting we trade away our very early first rounder for:

3 “Magic” beans
If Goody does that then he had to be held accountable. Let's take the top picks while we have them and take a few risks later down the pecking order.

Just left the ground before, haven’t felt this numb after a game since about 2013.

After 1/4 time was just a putrid, boring display of football, and I felt like leaving even though we were only a couple of goals down, we were just that unthreatening.

We can’t surely be this bad, it’s not like 07-11, this is game plan/fitness/mentality/*. I will struggle to drag myself to watch us again for a while, haven’t felt any joy watching us play so far this season.

Hopefully we trade out a few more of your favourite players so you can continue giving the rest of the board s**t.
Until people swallow industrial amounts of humble pie, there will always be Hogan fangals

Until people swallow industrial amounts of humble pie, there will always be Hogan fangals

Wallow in your fantasy if it makes you feel better, dear. We may be doing poorly, but you're attempting to make a point that we've lost something irreplaceable when Hogan has in fact kicked 4 goals in 4 games for Freo. It's not like the guy has raised his game to another level and started racking up 5 and 6 goal hauls to show up what we've just lost. Did you get this excited when Watts pumped 3 goals in his first game for Port?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But yeah that game was an advertisement for modern footy. s**t skills, umpires adjudicating differently to last week, low scoring, no atmosphere despite the ground being almost full and $9.40 for a beer.

The game is really broken. They took it too far this time. Its really not good to watch.

Wallow in your fantasy if it makes you feel better, dear. We may be doing poorly, but you're attempting to make a point that we've lost something irreplaceable when Hogan has in fact kicked 4 goals in 4 games for Freo. It's not like the guy has raised his game to another level and started racking up 5 and 6 goal hauls to show up what we've just lost. Did you get this excited when Watts pumped 3 goals in his first game for Port?
Thanks sweetheart. Dinner's on the table at 7 xx

But yeah that game was an advertisement for modern footy. s**t skills, umpires adjudicating differently to last week, low scoring, no atmosphere despite the ground being almost full and $9.40 for a beer.

The game is really broken. They took it too far this time. Its really not good to watch.
The lack of runners has murdered footy in a lot of ways. Guys are too ******* dumb to make changes mid-game. There's too many of them and the field is too big. Just leads to slog fests where nobody kicks a goal for 10 minutes, making the new zones irrelevant.

Absolute horrible product to watch right now. Nearly unwatchable. Loving the NBA though. AFL is dying..

Just left the ground before, haven’t felt this numb after a game since about 2013.

After 1/4 time was just a putrid, boring display of football, and I felt like leaving even though we were only a couple of goals down, we were just that unthreatening.

We can’t surely be this bad, it’s not like 07-11, this is game plan/fitness/mentality/****. I will struggle to drag myself to watch us again for a while, haven’t felt any joy watching us play so far this season.

I put the second half on mute then went and played some Mortal Kombat 11 wth my boy in the 4th quarter. I'd rather take a Johnny Cage nut punch over watching a replay of our game tonight.

The lack of atmosphere was really noticeable tonight, patches of the game were just so quiet in the crowd, like everybody was just waiting for the game to finish, don’t blame them.

Seeing as it’s somehow become the thread topic I’ll wade in.

I loved Hogan. Yes, he had s**t body language. Yes, he also didn’t chase particularly hard, not the only player to offend on that front for us. But I admired his work rate and he could at least bring the ball to ground. Vlastuin wouldn’t have taken 709 marks standing in the hole if Hogan was there. I didn’t want him to go. All that said he ******* wanted out. The club also made the judgement that he was dispensable because of his average behaviour and nobody forsaw the T Mac/Weed combo falling into such a gaping chasm. We took the opportunity to cash in for a kpd because Froscar sucked and it avoided an all out bidding war for May’s services. Perhaps we should’ve applied more scrutiny to May? * knows it’s been a poor start. That said it’s way too ******* early to be judging this s**t definitively now.

The second topic - yeah, I like Sydney Stack and wish we had him but don’t like the fact that a Richmond poster was essentially allowed to injury troll like an absolute campaigner in our own thread when we’re all hurting. * off.

If big footy was around back then maybe I would have carried on like these Hogan groupies do when we realeased Jakovich ...🤔

Na, i was a big boy!! I was 15 years old when then that happened, i was easily old enough to understand why we no longer had my favourite player 😏

Ugly: The Riewoldt chicken wing thing on Fritsch. Just saw the footage of it. Flog behaviour and real dangerous. I hope he gets a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back