Review Dees v Richmond: the Good, Bad, Fugly and very Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good: It seems like all of us on here have a solid education, high levels of intelligence and great lives apart fro supporting the Dees, ( eg Sir Hugh with his servants and range rovers that frequently break down, Our Kids, interesting Jobs like PG, good taste in Music like most people here, Blitznu glassing people at whatever feral bogan bar he drinks at just to name a few). So at least we can say, ah well, our footy team sucks, but otherwise things are great.

And we have the whole weekend to do cool s**t now!

The Good: It seems like all of us on here have a solid education, high levels of intelligence and great lives apart fro supporting the Dees, ( eg Sir Hugh with his servants and range rovers that frequently break down, Our Kids, interesting Jobs like PG, good taste in Music like most people here, Blitznu glassing people at whatever feral bogan bar he drinks at just to name a few). So at least we can say, ah well, our footy team sucks, but otherwise things are great.

And we have the whole weekend to do cool s**t now!
Grateful for the laugh I got out of this, cheers.

Changes thread isn't up yet but I thought Hibberd was diabolical tonight. Didn't get much of the ball, which was a blessing in disguise because he was butchering it 75% of the time when he did. Worst game he's played for us. Should go out next week for a Wagner if no better options return but I'd imagine he'll keep his spot.

Changes thread isn't up yet but I thought Hibberd was diabolical tonight. Didn't get much of the ball, which was a blessing in disguise because he was butchering it 75% of the time when he did. Worst game he's played for us. Should go out next week for a Wagner if no better options return but I'd imagine he'll keep his spot.
Ran with Dusty all day and kept him to 17 touches and 3 clearances, including minding at centre bounces. Thought he had his best game of the season.

Ran with Dusty all day and kept him to 17 touches and 3 clearances, including minding at centre bounces. Thought he had his best game of the season.

11 touches with 5 clangers @ 36%. That's a low bar you're setting. Dusty was crap as well as he has been for most of this season but he looked to be jogging around without showing too much interest other than when the chance came to give Hibberd some rub and tickle.

11 touches with 5 clangers @ 36%. That's a low bar you're setting. Dusty was crap as well as he has been for most of this season but he looked to be jogging around without showing too much interest other than when the chance came to give Hibberd some rub and tickle.
I wanted him out the team last week, but we kept him in and he played a shutdown role really well. Not too worried how badly he did when he got the ball, given that's a universal thing. At least he ran the other way, which is not at all universal in this team. Having said that, I'm not sure what his role is going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agreed. If we can take anything away from this game, it's Hibbo doing a good job on Dusty. To be fair though, Dusty hasn't been in the best of form. But to say that Hibbo had a bad game shows they don't know much about football or didn't watch the game. Not sure if we'll use him in this role, but at least Goodwin tried a couple of different things. Same issues happened for the better part of the game though. Connection forward of centre and losing stoppages when we are clearly winning the taps outs. I still don't know how this is even possible?

Yeah agreed. If we can take anything away from this game, it's Hibbo doing a good job on Dusty. To be fair though, Dusty hasn't been in the best of form. But to say that Hibbo had a bad game shows they don't know much about football or didn't watch the game. Not sure if we'll use him in this role, but at least Goodwin tried a couple of different things. Same issues happened for the better part of the game though. Connection forward of centre and losing stoppages when we are clearly winning the taps outs. I still don't know how this is even possible?
We played the first quarter with Melk and Hibberd in the middle, and Hunt/Garlett/Lockhart up forward with one of Oliver/Harmes resting at FF. With that going too well, we moved Lockhart to half back, plonked Smith at FF and threw Melksham back inside 50.

Some musings:
*I already knew we were s**t, but playing against Richmond just lays bare how far off we are.

*They are a well organised and drilled football team. They have a clear game plan that the players believe in and trust. All the players understand and play their roles. The players play as a team and not for themselves. They give 100% effort for the duration of the game, every week. And because they have all that, it doesn't matter anywhere near as much if they need to bring in young, inexperienced players to cover for injuries.

*We are a disorganized football team. Our game plan is a mystery and, based on performance, the players either don't follow it, or trust it. Our players aren't playing as a team - there's no connection, and evidently a lack of understanding between players on the ground (the amount of times our players spoiled each other or fought over the same ball was embarrassing). Our defensive running efforts fluctuate on a whim.

*Lost the tackle count by 20 despite having 40 less possessions.

*Our delivery into the forward line after quarter time was the same old s**t as we've been serving up since the start of the season - shallow entries to 50/50 contests or bombs to no one in particular. Combine that with our s**t forward line pressure - 3 inside 50 tackles for the game (Yes, that's right. 3) - and we're never going to be in the game.

*Our midfield defensive running is a disgrace. Tigers had the 5 players with the most km's covered in the game. Until Brayshaw, Oliver, Viney and co understand that anything less than 100% effort in defensive running when we don't have the ball is unacceptable, we won't be winning many games.

*Our exits from D50 were predictable and uninspiring. What are we training them to do in this regard??? If we somehow thought that we would be able to transition the ball up the ground serving up that same old rubbish time and time again, then we've list it.

Minor positives:
*Stretch was good. Keep him in for a few ganes please.

*Hats off to our defence - we should've lost by 90+. Frost and Hore were good again under trying circumstances. TMac looked slow and had me covering my eyes a few times though....

*Need the ball in Melksham's and Salem's hands coming through the midfield. It's the only time we look even remotely dangerous.

Our confidence is gone and we looked mentally shot by the end of the game. I genuinely have no idea where to from here.

By all means lets ignore everything the Pig did when he actually had the ball, then. Maybe I don't know much about football but I imagine its fairly basic that if 2/3 of your kicks are going straight to the opposition, that's a bad thing. If Dusty was in rampaging competition dominating form, you'd have a point, but he looked half-arsed tonight. Anyway, if you know better, good for you.

By all means lets ignore everything the Pig did when he actually had the ball, then. Maybe I don't know much about football but I imagine its fairly basic that if 2/3 of your kicks are going straight to the opposition, that's a bad thing. If Dusty was in rampaging competition dominating form, you'd have a point, but he looked half-arsed tonight. Anyway, if you know better, good for you.
He got assigned a role to run with one of the best mids in the competition and did a very good job. It was a negating role. Didn't matter what he did with the ball as his role was to stop Dusty from having an influence and I thought he was one of the better players for us for this reason. It's disappointing that he chopped the ball when he got it, and for this he probably won't be in our best one of two players tonight, but he was a definite plus.

Dismal performance, I'll rant later. Too drunk rn.

But it needs to be said that Hore put in a great performance. I thought he was fantastic all night with his read of the play and intercepts.

Dismal performance, I'll rant later. Too drunk rn.

But it needs to be said that Hore put in a great performance. I thought he was fantastic all night with his read of the play and intercepts.

Thought there was one time he punched when he could have taken a fairly straightforward mark, but overall agree.

Looks like I don’t have much choice but to have a serious talk with the Mrs. about morning alcohol consumption.
I don’t see any other way of making it through these games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back