Review Dees v Richmond: the Good, Bad & Up the Clacker

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we are easy to score against on the rebound . We have known that all year. So wouldn’t you think it might be the job of the coach to try to fix the problem? Looks like Goodwin has done nothing to sort this weakness out.

I kinda feel sorry for Brayshaw. Most tackles on the ground but just can't get himself involved.

Some of it might be work rate but some is just form.

We are an irrelevant football club. We stand for nothing. We mean nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt sorry for Frost and McDonald today. Both actually competed and covered ground well, and both got a LOT of spoils in given how clean Richmond were in the wet. They got the spoil, handball or kick away relatively well most of the time and then our generally reliable users like Lever, Hibberd and Salem turned it over time and time again. Hey presto, Reiwoldt and Lynch were free. But of course they will be? Their defender has just won a contest and got the ball away and into possession, meaningg they're setting up for offence when the ball comes flying back over their head. The neanderthals who comment 'HUR DUR OSCAR AND FROST' after every single game need to see this. On a day where most of the team embarrassed themselves, I thought those two had good games by their standards. And yes, they did lose the odd contest, but you have C-grade defenders against A-grade forwards. What do you think is going to happen?

I kinda feel sorry for Brayshaw. Most tackles on the ground but just can't get himself involved.

Some of it might be work rate but some is just form.
Genius work from Goody to shift him into defence and up forward today. Really good work. Especially given Viney, as ******* usual, wasn't required anywhere but in and under. There was a particularly funny rolling maul by the boundary where Viney was good to take possession, but decided to try shelter the ball over the line instead by diving over it and getting his hands dirty. Meanwhile, his opponent nabbed it from under him and went speeding off merrily while Jack's head was in the turf.

OMac as always was slow to react, poor 1-on-1, gave away numerous holding frees due to his lack of strength and ability, and turned it over by foot. Got a few spoils in the wet as any player can. If we're saying well done Oscar for that then we're rooted.

I don't mind Frost, as he has some good traits that outweigh the turnovers. But OMac brings nothing.

I felt sorry for Frost and McDonald today. Both actually competed and covered ground well, and both got a LOT of spoils in given how clean Richmond were in the wet. They got the spoil, handball or kick away relatively well most of the time and then our generally reliable users like Lever, Hibberd and Salem turned it over time and time again. Hey presto, Reiwoldt and Lynch were free. But of course they will be? Their defender has just won a contest and got the ball away and into possession, meaningg they're setting up for offence when the ball comes flying back over their head. The neanderthals who comment 'HUR DUR OSCAR AND FROST' after every single game need to see this. On a day where most of the team embarrassed themselves, I thought those two had good games by their standards. And yes, they did lose the odd contest, but you have C-grade defenders against A-grade forwards. What do you think is going to happen?

I thought frost was good today, i thought Oscar was horrible.

I thought frost was good today, i thought Oscar was horrible.
Oscar had more 1%ers than anyone else in our side today. He played his negating role quite well on a marshy day.

Eh, both were average. Frost was his usual self - doing something amazing then following it up with something horrible. OMac had much better position on his opponent this week but gave away stupid frees and was still (not unexpectedly) beaten in the end.

Both have had better and worse days. Meh.

Only watched till half time , but its been the same all year . Our Mids and forwards pile into the forward 50 and when we turn the ball over our defence is so way out of position . One would have to question what our coaching staff are saying to the group that allows this to continue all through the year .

I like Preuss but I'm sorry he sucks. Can't mark, can't run, waste of a spot. Wagner looks good, until he spills the ball or screws up his kick, useless. Lewis is a surprisingly good forward, considering the rest are pathetic, excluding Fritsch, who should have been playing forward since game 1. Gawn was good as always. Harmes, fantastic. Melk didn't do a lot but I feel he was in the wrong position. Omac, awful, why isn't Hore in his spot? Frosty was frosty, he is still best 22. Viney and Jones... Good in patches but like usual went missing for most of the game.

Coaching, crap as always. Hey boys bomb it long into the 50 as make sure that corridor is wide open so they kill us on the turnover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back