Review Dees v Scraggers - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 11, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Good: Another big win ... feels a bit funny calling 49 points a big win after the last few games, but it still is.

Bad: We were definitely flat, and a ways off our best footy, which is to be expected off the back of a 6 day break from interstate in difficult conditions. The 8 day break will be very well received I reckon.

Ugly: Should have been a 70-80 point win again ... too much messing around with the footy, trying to be a bit too cute at times, and generalyl lacked a bit of the killer instinct we'd previously been enjoying.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
The good;
Jetta was amazing early on so was Lewis
Gus continuing his great form
Tmac and Hogan goals and possessions
Omac Vince Hibberd combining with the other backs to work as a back 6
Oliver doing what oliver does
Fritsch showing his versatility across half back
Melksham corridor kicks

The bad;

Slow start - but we didn’t panic
I was anticipating a sloppy game due to the short break. I suspect today was an outlier than anything to get worried about
Clearneces

The ugly;

Levers injury

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did Harmes step in for Lever ? If so he was huge.

Obviously Jetta was great. Some elite passing today, and not so elite (by some vets).

Not a great game by the Dee's, but didn't need to be against the Dogs (who have fallen so far). I imagine playing against Collingwood next week will get them going again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Did Harmes step in for Lever ? If so he was huge.

Obviously Jetta was great. Some elite passing today, and not so elite (by some vets).

Not a great game by the Dee's, but didn't need to be against the Dogs (who have fallen so far). I imagine playing against Collingwood next week will get them going again.

Fritsch played across half back, and Harmes played a deeper wing.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good
Another big win. 6 in a row is massive when you consider we won ended up with 12 wins last season.

I'm going with an indigenous themed good. There's negatives such as over representation of indigenous people in prison. But the fact that there's probably around 5-10 % of players in the afl with indigenous heritage is amazing.

We get a decent break leading up to queens birthday and probably will be a massive crowd considering pies get up. Probably the biggest queens birthday maybe ever.

Bad
Lever injury
Losing the first quarter and blowing our chance at the afl record quarter winning streak.

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:

- Jetta, Brayshaw, Hogan, Oliver, McDonald all great.
- Found a way to win ugly against a side who were determined to scrag the entire game.
- Not playing at our best (fatigue from last week obviously a factor in the second half) and still doubling the opposition's score.

Bad:

- Brayshaw butchered the ball a fair bit, but again we might be able to write that off as fatigue.
- Smashed at the clearances for the first time in a long time. I think a lot of other teams are gonna be looking at what the Dogs did today as a way of beating us, so we'd want to sort that out for next week.
- Umpiring. Favoured the Dogs in the first half, us in the second half, but it was just all round not good.

Ugly:

- Lever. :( Gonna be hard to replace back there.
- The Bulldogs. They've scored a total of 132 points in their last 3 games. If that bunch of dongles can win a flag, we have to believe that we're a chance.

Fellas, I hope I speak for most Crows supporters in saying although we don't have a lot of time for Jake Lever, no one wishes that sort of thing on anyone and I hope that the injury is not what they think it is and he can come back and play more footy for you this year. Speedy recovery
6925E51D-E809-431E-8522-8AB74B579FFD.png

Good:
- Gawn, star
- Oliver, star
- Hoges, star
- Brayshaw, little bit untidy but his ability on both feet is super
- TMac, great presence up forward.
- Hibberd & Jetta, holy * - I reckon they lost one contest between them all game.
- That one kick from Melk in the middle of the ground.. hnnng
- Fritsch, great numbers - probably a little bit padded but still good game for a 1st year player.

Bad:
- ANB & Harmes butchered it a bit
- Clearances

Fugly:
- Lever, it's never great when someone hurts their knee with no contact - fingers crossed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back