The good - Below is the combined stat line of Jesse and T-Mac:

29 kicks
14 handballs
43 disposals
21 marks (8 contested)
7 tackles
9 goals
3 behinds

Kennedy and Darling still probably need to be unseated, but we could be looking at the best key forward duo in the league.

Good: I'm pretty sure we've never had a percentage like this halfway through a season since I started watching footy in the 80's. We were never a dominating team before. How weird.

Bad: not too much. We were a bit flat and messed around a bit with our possessions, but after the Alice Springs game, I can overlook that.

Fugly: Lever's gone for the year. What does that do to our prospects for the year? Or was he still so new to our defensive structure that we hadn't really developed a reliance on him? I think as long as we keep Hibberd, Omac and Jetta in good nick, we should be ok. Still a big loss though. I reckon Lever would have given it all he has in a final this year.

The good - Below is the combined stat line of Jesse and T-Mac:

29 kicks
14 handballs
43 disposals
21 marks (8 contested)
7 tackles
9 goals
3 behinds

Kennedy and Darling still probably need to be unseated, but we could be looking at the best key forward duo in the league.

Hogan and TMac would have a lot more impact around the ground than Kennedy and Darling. If you're looking purely at goals, then... Kennedy and Darling maybe edge them? I wouldn't swap our two lads, or one of them for either of the Eagles forwards based on current showings. If Kennedy was 5 years younger, might have to think on it.

Respect where it is due, darling is having a very good year, and we all know Kennedy is the most dominant forward maybe Ben brown. But I wouldn't be trading Tmac or Hogan for them either

I was plenty salty about Lever's leaving last year, but my reasons are inappropriate at this time.
Even so --- an ACL is a major injury (at AFC, Otten did 2, Smith has missed all of this year and might just be ready for finals, IF we get there), massive bad luck, must mess with a player's mind, and upsets team structure.
I'm genuinely saddened to hear of Jake's injury; he's a young bloke with a big future.
Please accept my sincere concern/sympathy for the injury, to Jake, his family/friends, and your club. I hope he recovers well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: I'm pretty sure we've never had a percentage like this halfway through a season since I started watching footy in the 80's. We were never a dominating team before. How weird.

Bad: not too much. We were a bit flat and messed around a bit with our possessions, but after the Alice Springs game, I can overlook that.

Fugly: Lever's gone for the year. What does that do to our prospects for the year? Or was he still so new to our defensive structure that we hadn't really developed a reliance on him? I think as long as we keep Hibberd, Omac and Jetta in good nick, we should be ok. Still a big loss though. I reckon Lever would have given it all he has in a final this year.

I reckon Lever is a major reason why our defence has improved since last year, once he started hit form a month ago our defence has looked far more solid. Hopefully someone else can step into that role so things don't change too much

Sounded like a home Dees crowd on the broadcast
There were very few Dogs fans there. Would be surprised if they cracked over 10-11k of the 28.5 that was there.

The more I think about it, the more it is a hollow victory due to lever and bad play. I've never enjoyed a win less than this one. Go Dees, I'm riding the journey with you
Bloody hell, we weren't bad! Jones said in the post-match that the Dogs played a different game plan to what was expected, and that they were exhausted from the Alice heat. If we are complaining about wins, never mind 49 point wins, then we have our heads up our backsides. Just enjoy #thejourney for what it is right now. Six in a row for the first time since I was 11.

Good: six wins in a row. Unheard of in a very, very long time.

Bad: Levers injury obviously. He’s been massive for our defence the last six or so weeks and will be an enormous loss. His absence will be felt a lot against the better sides.

Fugly: dogs crazy ball. No wonder they have no fans going. They constantly handball to players under pressure. It’s s**t to watch and would be no fun to play. Bevo looks like he’s lost the players to me. They don’t seem to care. They’re a long way from the fanatical team of two years ago.

The Good:

- Everything Nathan Jones, an absolute champion of our club, we may be the Tasmanian Demons if not for him. An all time great. Got emotional seeing him chaired off the ground.
- Jetta was going turbo
- Hogan, AA Centre Half Forward
-Gawn, particularly in the second half.
- Gus, untidy but got plenty.

The Bad: - Razor Ray, absolute clown.

The Fugly: Levers injury, all the best my man.

Massive game next week, should get 80k+
.... lets belt these campaigners.

Good: Contested marking. We beat the Dogs 22 to 4 in this stat. TMac had 6 by himself, and Gawn and Lord Nev had 4 each. We were beaten at the clearances but contested marking is one of the main reasons we won.

I imagine all of Nev's marks were from opposition kicks too, which makes it more impressive.

Must say even when we were 3 goals down I wasn't too worried. Dogs started maniacally and were never going to be able to sustain it. I think us getting belted in contested footy is a huge positive. It means we are multi faceted and can score from turnover and stoppage with equal veracity.

Jetta was ******* incredible, I was slightly distracted but he was best on for me.
Harmes an Fritsch were brilliant when they swapped behind the footy. Harmes is heart and soul and grit capable of some brilliant highlights while Fritsch has such clean hands above his head then uses if beautifully. Harmes is such a better player than Tyson.

Lewis' handballing was elite. So many times the game was helta scalta and then Lewis would handball clear of the congestion and we were away.

I thought Hannan had his best game for the club. Was really running straight lines and being aggressive with his decision making with the ball.

Melkshams kick from the interchange into Brayshaw can't even be put into words. I knew he could kick pretty well but if he's not one of the top few most damaging kicks in the AFL I'll go he.

Hogan and Tmac are immense.

Bad- Gus playing with a little too much arrogance, he's dominating but too often he kicked on his left when he had so much time and space to straighten and use his right. Needs to value his kicks a little higher.

Ugly- Lever is a huge loss. I'm guessing the Wag is back in because I don't think they trust Frosts positioning enough defensively.

Must say even when we were 3 goals down I wasn't too worried. Dogs started maniacally and were never going to be able to sustain it. I think us getting belted in contested footy is a huge positive. It means we are multi faceted and can score from turnover and stoppage with equal veracity.

Jetta was ******* incredible, I was slightly distracted but he was best on for me.
Harmes an Fritsch were brilliant when they swapped behind the footy. Harmes is heart and soul and grit capable of some brilliant highlights while Fritsch has such clean hands above his head then uses if beautifully. Harmes is such a better player than Tyson.

Lewis' handballing was elite. So many times the game was helta scalta and then Lewis would handball clear of the congestion and we were away.

I thought Hannan had his best game for the club. Was really running straight lines and being aggressive with his decision making with the ball.

Melkshams kick from the interchange into Brayshaw can't even be put into words. I knew he could kick pretty well but if he's not one of the top few most damaging kicks in the AFL I'll go he.

Hogan and Tmac are immense.

Bad- Gus playing with a little too much arrogance, he's dominating but too often he kicked on his left when he had so much time and space to straighten and use his right. Needs to value his kicks a little higher.

Ugly- Lever is a huge loss. I'm guessing the Wag is back in because I don't think they trust Frosts positioning enough defensively.
Yeaaah of course Hannan best game was against his ex Side (or.at least his old.VFL side. I was there at the VFL granny, to cheer on the Casey Scorps when. they capitulated and lost, after a grand first half BTW)

Mature aged gun that i can comfortably say inst Vanilla (like i was previously of the opinion)

Also I would take. him over Harmes
To be fair though now they play different roles

Bloody hell, we weren't bad! Jones said in the post-match that the Dogs played a different game plan to what was expected, and that they were exhausted from the Alice heat. If we are complaining about wins, never mind 49 point wins, then we have our heads up our backsides. Just enjoy #thejourney for what it is right now. Six in a row for the first time since I was 11.

Win at home, win away, win in different ways, win all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back