Review Dees v Scraggers: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly - dedicated to Yze Magic

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh. A few mistakes in there but thought Bernie was alright. ANB is battling a bit, but wasn't a shocker from him.

Harsh, but true - both are making poor decisions every 2nd touch.

Bernie has the whole year and ANB has the last few

A lot of obvious goods - But the pressure and smothering in particular was the best I've seen from a Melbourne side. So many even contributors.

We should be getting a lot more respect form the media for what we are doing without Gawn, hogan and Spencer. If any other side lost their two ruckmen and best key forward their season would be shot.

Good/Great
Team win
Intensity from start to finish
11 goal kickers with no dedicated FF
Still winning from the middle without Maximus
Another win at Shitihad
OMac looked like Mad Max out there. Well done young man.
Full bottle of Makers and plenty of beers to go.

Edit - and Pedo. By far his best game ive watched.

Last edited:
Best game we've played in forever how long and I had to watch it on my damn phone.
I went up market and watched via the afl app on my iPad. * Chanel 7 and * the afl

Guys, the DNA of our club is changing - where it will end remains to be seen. Since when have we been so comfy at Etihad?

Change is coming. In fact, it is already here.

Thought we were going to lose when Buggy uploaded that pic to Instagram. It would have been a talking point all week if we had lost. The boys, and Buggy himself, put that prediction to rest in the most emphatic of fashions.

******* umpires, saw at least twent six ******* HTB decisions not paid, * me how hard is it? ******* game is rigged, we never get a decent..... oooops hang on, wrong board..... carrry on :thumbsu:

Most impressive part of the game from what I saw (on the 2 square inches of my phone; add my voice to the chorus of boos for the AFL not putting this on FTA) was our defense. The easy goal over the top of the press didn't happen much today, and even when it did it was hard work for the Dogs. Really impressed by Hibberd, Oscar and Frost for working their arses off to cover ground and stop the Dogs attacks. Don't think I can really fault any performances too much. A few fluffed disposals here and there can be accepted when the team plays as well and as cohesively as that. Great performance especially with Gawn and Jesse to come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* umpires, saw at least twent six ******* HTB decisions not paid, **** me how hard is it? ******* game is rigged, we never get a decent..... oooops hang on, wrong board..... carrry on :thumbsu:
LOL, you idiot. :drunk::):drunk::drunk::drunk:

id call it an above average win (slight understatement)

In no particular order:

Goody's gameplan and coaching - Now all of you doubters can STFU and eat some crow, this is what it looks like when we bring pressure and play for 4 quarters. It can be done, see? It not too tirwing on da paww pwayers after all is it?

Tyson - first half was fantastic when the game was there to be won.
Bugg - Really good the past two weeks, pressure, niggle and skills (not to mention goal kicking) much better
Oscar - Ok, im eating some serious crow here, has looked a gun the past fortnight, im nearly convinced god damn it. Well done kid, always happy for someone to put me back in my place.
Salem - Best game ive seen him play for two years, fan bloody tastic pressure all day long, immense
Pedo - You get me hard. Every week <3. Best 22 for sure, dont you even bloody think about dropping him Goody.

Can mention a million more but just wanted to single out the above. They have all have their detractors at some point but all are playing to career levels right now.

The only bad (no ugly)

ANB - I love him but his disposal is killing us, love his effort but he cant keep butchering the ball like this and keep his place in the team. Would love to reward Kennedy and give him a game next week playing this role if Jones or Watts dont come up.

Last edited:
Good: Oscar

Bad: A couple of knocks / ice packs late in the game

Fugly: Kelli Underwood.... And at half time Melbourne lead the Bulldogs by 27 points: 8.6 54 to 3.1 21 (it was 33 and 3.3 Kel. Threes aren't your strong point)

Good: Hibberd, Jetta, Omac, Peterson, Watts, everyone else.

Bad: possible injuries to Watts and Jones.

Ugly: nothin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back