Review Dees v Swans - Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed this game unfortunately, just watched the mini match. How did Daniel Turner go? Does he keep his spot for finals?
Some will have a different view but I actually like his game.

His attack on the ball and the contest was pretty impressive. I thought he defender well because him and May were alternating between McClean and Amarty and they only kicked 1 goal between the two. He's not afraid to back himself and go for an intercept mark or the big spoil.

There were certainly times he would fly for an intercept mark but just couldn't finish in the end. That'll come with more experience and confidence.

It was bold by Goodwin playing a 3rd gamer against a pretty hot and in form Swans team. Didn't seem overrawed at all.

Turner had a couple of fumbles, not something he does in VFL. He looked nervy.

I actually thought Disco was decent. But surprised to read people were desperate to turf him out. I'd rather Pig or Tommo but he was more than ok imo

He looks a keeper for sure, this year might not be his return now that finals have come around but I can see him coming in like McVee did this year and making a spot his own.

This would mean someone like Rivers will be pushed up a bit taking Jordans/Harmes spot (based on form/ability).
- And I don't mind that.

Turner had a couple of fumbles, not something he does in VFL. He looked nervy.
I thought Turner’s game was very similar to Laurie’s against Hawthorn.

Nervous and made mistakes they don’t at VFL level. But also showed some promising signs.

Laurie has a decent second half against Hawthorn and looked quite settled once he came on against Sydney.

It’s a big risk to hope Turner follows that same confidence growth in a qualifying final.

Turner has shown enough to tell me he can be a good player for us. Like his aerial work and knows when to peel off his man. Think he has some decent ground level agility too, so may be more capable than Lever in that area.

However, few too many nervy moments to take him through the finals series when we have reliable ol' Tomo ready to go.

Not opposed to giving Turner a solid block of games early next year to cement his spot though. Especially with our club seemingly hell bent on ignoring Tomo until he leaves.

Just want to give a pump up to Brayshaw.

In terrific form in the middle and gives us a real defensive scrapper in there and lets Viney focus on winning the footy.

His tackling, smothers, 1%ers have been unreal. Love seeing that helmet go to work in the middle and his handballing has been excellent. Also see less of his mis-hit kicks under no pressure when he's in the guts playing on instinct.

Nice goal on the left too.

Just want to give a pump up to Brayshaw.

In terrific form in the middle and gives us a real defensive scrapper in there and lets Viney focus on winning the footy.

His tackling, smothers, 1%ers have been unreal. Love seeing that helmet go to work in the middle and his handballing has been excellent. Also see less of his mis-hit kicks under no pressure when he's in the guts playing on instinct.

Nice goal on the left too.
Yeah, I've gotta say, despite my usual vitriol directed towards him, his last six or so weeks have been very strong.

Hate when he's playing a pure accumulator-type role in the middle, but when he's buying in defensively like he has been, he's a valuable rotation piece. Brings a lot of balance to our midfield that, as a whole, can get exposed defensively out the front of stoppages.

Ive said before but when hes in the middle hunting the footy and man with his low centre of gravity and excellent tackling technique he reminds me of Cotchin lite.

I actually thought Disco was decent. But surprised to read people were desperate to turf him out. I'd rather Pig or Tommo but he was more than ok imo
I love Disco's effort, unfortunately he struggles one on one still. Give him another preseason and I think we have a player.

If Lever was to go down right now he'd be a good replacement but playing on the bigger guys, give me Tomo.

I love Disco's effort, unfortunately he struggles one on one still. Give him another preseason and I think we have a player.

If Lever was to go down right now he'd be a good replacement but playing on the bigger guys, give me Tomo.

Pies will play at least one giraffe up forward, we need tomo this week.

Yeah he's not ready now but there's something to work with for sure love his confidence to keep going even after mistakes or losing a contest. Doesn't drop his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad I’m not the only one who thought this, felt he held his own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back