Review Dees v Sydney: the Good, Bad and Cosmically Indifferent.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
good: i'm so, so glad these skunks will have to play out the year in frigid tasmania in front of 240 norf supporters in a game the media and wider public will likely and justifiably not actually notice happening. completely fitting way for these superstars to bow out and i hope the rapid change of climate to bali's heat gives them all a cold
The weather's been nicer here than in Melbourne for the past week, you knob.
Fact 1: everybody who hasn't been to Tasmania thinks it's really cold just because it's further south.
Fact 2: those mentioned in Fact #1 are ignorant tools.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn’t think we’d roll over like that. I know we’ve had an awful year but that really was a cue in the rack moment. Problem is we have a game next week. The good news is there’s one game left, the bad news I don’t know how we will deal with the issue and address it to improve in 2020.

After tonight it’s pretty obvious that everyone bar a handful are up for trade. The positive is we have a core group of players that could be premiership players;
Gawn
Oliver
Petracca
May
Lever
Salem
Jetta
Melksham
Fritsch
Harmes
Petty
Baker
Weidemann

There’s also a fair bit that will be gone or need to go;
Jones - retire
Lewis - retire
Stretch - delist
Keilty - delist
ANB - trade
Brayshaw - trade
Garlett - retire
Hunt - potential trade
AVB - retire
Hannan - trade
Viney - if you’re being honest you trade him
KK - retire
C Wagner - delist
O McDonald - delist

Bring in;
Outside midfielder x2
Small forward x2

Gameplan needs a monumental shift. Goodwin has 8 weeks next year to show we have improved and can contend.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
The weather's been nicer here than in Melbourne for the past week, you knob.
Fact 1: everybody who hasn't been to Tasmania thinks it's really cold just because it's further south.
Fact 2: those mentioned in Fact #1 are ignorant tools.
Tasmania is great. I remember when you said you were moving. If I could live there I would. Hobart is where I’d like to live.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tasmania is great. I remember when you said you were moving. If I could live there I would. Hobart is where I’d like to live.
Yeah mate, we've been really happy down here. It's more stable temperature wise than Melbourne. Winter is actually not bad. Summer is actually bearable. There are things I miss about Melbourne, but it's been a win for us overall.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn’t think we’d roll over like that. I know we’ve had an awful year but that really was a cue in the rack moment. Problem is we have a game next week. The good news is there’s one game left, the bad news I don’t know how we will deal with the issue and address it to improve in 2020.

After tonight it’s pretty obvious that everyone bar a handful are up for trade. The positive is we have a core group of players that could be premiership players;
Gawn
Oliver
Petracca
May
Lever
Salem
Jetta
Melksham
Fritsch
Harmes
Petty
Baker
Weidemann

Jones - retire
Lewis - retire
Stretch - delist
Keilty - delist
ANB - trade
Brayshaw - trade
Garlett - retire
Hunt - potential trade
AVB - retire
Hannan - trade
KK - retire
C Wagner - delist
O McDonald - delist

Bring in;
Outside midfielder x2
Small forward x2

Gameplan needs a monumental shift. Goodwin has 8 weeks next year to show we have improved and can contend.
I agree with much of what you say, but I can’t reconcile how Petty, Baker & Weideman are premiership potential yet Brayshaw and Viney must be traded.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

Gawn
Oliver
Petracca
May
Lever
Salem
Jetta
Melksham
Fritsch
Harmes
Petty
Baker
Weidemann

Jones - retire
Lewis - retire
Stretch - delist
Keilty - delist
ANB - trade
Brayshaw - trade
Garlett - retire
Hunt - potential trade
AVB - retire
Hannan - trade
KK - retire
C Wagner - delist
O McDonald - delist

Bring in;
Outside midfielder x2
Small forward x2

Jkh - delist

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
What the hell is going on Melbourne fans? Such a young, fast, high scoring and exciting team turned in to this turgid mess so quickly.

How has this happened?

The answer is in front of you if you expand your range past the final 6 weeks of last season.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tuned out at half time. Such a nothing game.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
i know the season is done and i know the team is full of spuds and i know the coach has nfi but THAT was one of the most careless lacklustre games i've seen, humiliating performance
It was utterly pathetic. The Swans have also had a campaigner of year thanks to injuries and form, the key difference is that they don’t turn up their toes at the slightest sign of trouble. We have erased all credibility as a club that was painstakingly built up over 5 years.

Fugly: when North gub is next week, and they will because our mob have given up, we will be 2-12 from the last 14 matches. Mark Neeld had a better winning percentage than that. This team lacks any resilience whatsoever. I’ve felt heartbroken, frustrated, utterly despondent as a Melbourne member but I doubt I’ve ever felt so ashamed over a single season. Even with Neeld’s teams I could accept that they were broken and s**t. On talent vs output this is the worst performance in a season by any Melbourne side I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I’ve been a member for 16 years, a supporter for 27, and after all this s**t I feel like Gollum had a better relationship with the One Ring than I do Melbourne. Why the * would anyone sign up as a member again after all of this?

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
The continous cycle of crushed potential and talent that this club produces never fails to astound me.

Very MFC of our board to have delusions of grandeur and overide our best performed CEO in years and go for a hack replacement because they were from Collingwood, who then quickly extends the contract of a coach with many questions about their game plan and coaching ability without an understanding of the football department setup. Who after failing to admit any mistakes were made, also doesn't have the will to undertake an external audit of the football department.

That shitty attempt at a football game was the result of a perplexed and uninspired team, coached by stubborn novices that can't concede they are teaching a failed game style, hired by egoistic frauds affraid to admit they have hired the wrong people.

How this club does it time and time again with different people i will never understand.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Another nothing presser from la coach . Blah blah we're hurting blah blah not acceptable blah blah lot of work to do blah blah full faith in the players blah blah .
No acceptance that the game plan is flawed , no explanation as to why he picked a team of short people , no explanation as to why our players play like bees to honey pot , nothing . Ugh !

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Gawn
Oliver
Petracca
May
Lever
Salem
Jetta
Melksham
Fritsch
Harmes
Petty
Baker
Weidemann

Jones - retire
Lewis - retire
Stretch - delist
Keilty - delist
ANB - trade
Brayshaw - trade
Garlett - retire
Hunt - potential trade
AVB - retire
Hannan - trade
KK - retire
C Wagner - delist
O McDonald - delist

Bring in;
Outside midfielder x2
Small forward x2

Excellent post. I wouldnt have viney in the best 50 midfielders in the comp, yet he starts every week in the midfield.

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Gawn
Oliver
Petracca
May
Lever
Salem
Jetta
Melksham
Fritsch
Harmes
Petty
Baker
Weidemann

Jones - retire
Lewis - retire
Stretch - delist
Keilty - delist
ANB - trade
Brayshaw - trade
Garlett - retire
Hunt - potential trade
AVB - retire
Hannan - trade
KK - retire
C Wagner - delist
O McDonald - delist

Bring in;
Outside midfielder x2
Small forward x2

What would you take for Brayshaw?

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
It feels like he's only there on the strength of his old man's legacy.

Hasn’t he had an injury interrupted season? Last year he looked like living up to his potential. He’s not alone in going backwards this season.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree with much of what you say, but I can’t reconcile how Petty, Baker & Weideman are premiership potential yet Brayshaw and Viney must be traded.
Potential being the operative word. Brayshaw has a foot out the door in my opinion, we need to give something good to get something good. Big call to be made. Viney is overrated mate. Sorry.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was utterly pathetic. The Swans have also had a campaigner of year thanks to injuries and form, the key difference is that they don’t turn up their toes at the slightest sign of trouble. We have erased all credibility as a club that was painstakingly built up over 5 years.

Fugly: when North gub is next week, and they will because our mob have given up, we will be 2-12 from the last 14 matches. Mark Neeld had a better winning percentage than that. This team lacks any resilience whatsoever. I’ve felt heartbroken, frustrated, utterly despondent as a Melbourne member but I doubt I’ve ever felt so ashamed over a single season. Even with Neeld’s teams I could accept that they were broken and s**t. On talent vs output this is the worst performance in a season by any Melbourne side I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I’ve been a member for 16 years, a supporter for 27, and after all this s**t I feel like Gollum had a better relationship with the One Ring than I do Melbourne. Why the fu** would anyone sign up as a member again after all of this?

I know what you mean absolute soulless performance. We were belted by a team sitting at 15th. I don't think I've questioned whether to not renew my membership but it rolled through my head. I will renew because love the club. It's mind boggling how a team can fall so sharply. The players confidence has completely evaporated. Can only hope that we have a good shake up and the team bounce back up the ladder. Otherwise the heat will be right on.

Back