Review Dees v Sydney: the Good, Bad and Cosmically Indifferent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. I felt that he probably peaked with Harvest. After the Gold Rush was also good and Tonight’s the Night was a bit misunderstood.

You like Phil Collins? Been a big Genesis fan, ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work, too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke, where, uh, Phil Collins presence became more apparent. I think "Invisible Touch" is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
Christy, take off the robe.
Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins, and Rutherford, you can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.
Sabrina, remove your dress.
In terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.
Sabrina, why don't you dance a little.
Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion", in this song Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting, the lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock.
Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your arsehole.
Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial, and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way, especially songs like "In The Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds".
Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it.
But I also think, Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word, artist. This is "Susudeo", a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Last edited:
You like Phil Collins? Been a big Genesis fan, ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand, any of their work, too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke, where, uh, Phil Collins presence became more apparent. I think "Invisible Touch" is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins, and Rutherford, you can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.
In terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.
Take the lyrics to 'Land of Confusion", in this song Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting, the lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock.
Phil Collins solo career seems to be more commercial, and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way, especially songs like "In The Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds".
But I also think, Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word, artist. This is "Susudeo", a great, great song, a personal favorite.
I’ll be sure to listen to it after I return from the theatre tonight. I’m seeing Oh Africa, Brave Africa - it promises to be a laugh riot. Then I have to return some videotapes. Then I will listen to Jackie Collins.

You like Phil Collins? Been a big Genesis fan, ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work, too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke, where, uh, Phil Collins presence became more apparent. I think "Invisible Touch" is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion", in this song Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting, the lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock.
Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial, and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way, especially songs like "In The Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds".
Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston had 4 number one singles on it? Did you know that?
It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.

Bit late to the ‘party’, and it’s probably been said already but the disconnect between the playing and coaching group was on full display Friday night. The eye rolling from the players on the phone to the coaches box was a clear indication of the lack of confidence. It was basically a mini 186 style protest. Shits gonna have to change quite dramatically in the next 8 months otherwise we’ll be neck deep in Neeld 2.0 territory I reckon.

if the cricket continues to be rained out tonight I might have to dig out my AP DVD and watch it again. good movie.

Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston had 4 number one singles on it? Did you know that?
It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.
You like Huey Lewis and the News?
Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour. In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself. Hey, Paul!
Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now, you ******* stupid bastard!

You like Huey Lewis and the News?
Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour. In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself. Hey, Paul!
Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now, you ******* stupid bastard!

Honestly, I thought the cover by Randy Watson and his band Sexual Chocolate was superior

At least we have established that Bizarro World is a real place now...

Yeah. I felt that he probably peaked with Harvest. After the Gold Rush was also good and Tonight’s the Night was a bit misunderstood.
Am I missing something here? I think you have your Neil's mixed up a little. They were all written by Neil Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I missing something here? I think you have your Neil's mixed up a little. They were all written by Neil Young.
No. Neil Young’s hit album was No Parlez. He often gets confused with English singer Paul Young who famously covered ‘Love Is in the Air’ for Barry Humphries’ hit film Strictly Ballroom.

Last edited:
No. Neil Young’s hit album was No Parlez. He often gets confused with English singer Paul Young who famously covered ‘Love Is in the Air’ for Barry Humphries’ hit film Strictly Ballroom.
Hhmm there is a crossed wire somewhere here methinks. Paul Young's album was indeed No Parlez. Neil Young's (not Neil Diamonds) greatest albums were indeed Harvest, After the Gold Rush and then Rust Never Sleeps, IMHO. The English singer Paul Young did not cover the song 'Love is in the Air' for Strictly Ballroom, that was the Australian singer with same name, I believe. Although I could be wrong!

Hhmm there is a crossed wire somewhere here methinks. Paul Young's album was indeed No Parlez. Neil Young's (not Neil Diamonds) greatest albums were indeed Harvest, After the Gold Rush and then Rust Never Sleeps, IMHO. The English singer Paul Young did not cover the song 'Love is in the Air' for Strictly Ballroom, that was the Australian singer with same name, I believe. Although I could be wrong!

Whats weird is although I think Harvest is brilliant, it was critically panned, or at best given mediocre reviews when it came out as being too generic. Although I think the musics press has come around over the last 50 years

Whats weird is although I think Harvest is brilliant, it was critically panned, or at best given mediocre reviews when it came out as being too generic. Although I think the musics press has come around over the last 50 years
Yeah I think Young is not given the credit he is due. Has written and recorded some brilliant stuff. As follows:

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you havern't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 23 Bounces

Brayshaw 22 (2w)
Oliver 18
Stretch 15 wing
Dunkley 14 (11w, 3i)
Viney 14
JKH 12 wing
Harmes 11
Lewis 4 wing
Petracca 3
Hore 2 wing

Rucks:
Gawn 21
Petracca 2

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au)
Oliver 4
Harmes 2
Viney 2
Brayshaw 1

1st Half - 12

Brayshaw 11 (2w)
Oliver 10
Harmes 10
Stretch 6 wing
Dunkley 6 wing
JKH 5 wing
Lewis 3 wing