Review Dees v the Aints - the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m so out of the loop on global online I didn’t even know Oz banned it. Black Friday was a long time ago here.

I was so bad back when the US banned it. Serial site donator.

what also sucked was I had just become friends with some other online poker players in Australia, two from Sydney and one from Brisbane, great guys and good players, I dont have any poker mates, so was good too have like minded people to discuss things with. Then when online poker stopped , we drifted apart. One of them was playing live for a living last time I heard from him, the other two quit. One of them from Sydney, his father owned a piece of AJC Derby winner Shamrocker, that was his username on pokerstars.

I didn't think he was bad I watched it after the fact and he was fine. Free kicks are up to the umpire
I agree with TK on this, I didn't think Petty had a bad game either.

Did Petty have a shocker? Some of his ball use was average but watching at the ground his intercepting and coverage were great. Super impressed at how comfortable he’s looked coming back from two set backs this year.
He had the kind of game that TMac or Garlo used to have down back. Had some great defensive moments but gave his man too much rope at the end and was undisciplined too often.

You'd be an idiot to suggest so, hes played unreal for nearly 12 months now, he was overdue for a shocker.
I'm his biggest fan honestly, like I love the bloke, but Tommo also deserves a crack given how good he's been for us. If Petty has another down game or two, then Tommo should get a go. I reckon a few of us are still used to 'dropping' players rather than having a fully competitive squad. If Tommo/Bedford etc are knocking on the door then it shouldn't only take an injury to get them in.

Its a rich man's problem given we have been pretty fit. Now that Lever has this knock, Tommo probably comes in and whichever one plays better can keep the 2nd tall spot when Lever comes back. I'm backing Petty for that, I think he's a little more mobile than Tommo.

Id take Bowey over Caleb Daniel tomorrow for a game. Boweys such a natural footballer its crazy
Honestly it was visible in the praccy game against the Dogs last year. He just demands the ball, uses it cleanly and is happy to cop contact if need be. By about game 10 I'd starting trusting the guy more than I had trusted Salem any time until about 2020. And Salem's been a good player for a long time. Bowey is another level, almost as good as Salem is now and Salem is elite.

Honestly it was visible in the praccy game against the Dogs last year. He just demands the ball, uses it cleanly and is happy to cop contact if need be. By about game 10 I'd starting trusting the guy more than I had trusted Salem any time until about 2020. And Salem's been a good player for a long time. Bowey is another level, almost as good as Salem is now and Salem is elite.
There's was a kick out of defence from the saints and he read it about 10m quicker than his opponent and took the mark. I remember thinking * this kid has it. Hes just great at footy. He positions himself and thinks through congestion better than 150 gamers it's unreal to watch in someone so young

what also sucked was I had just become friends with some other online poker players in Australia, two from Sydney and one from Brisbane, great guys and good players, I dont have any poker mates, so was good too have like minded people to discuss things with. Then when online poker stopped , we drifted apart. One of them was playing live for a living last time I heard from him, the other two quit. One of them from Sydney, his father owned a piece of AJC Derby winner Shamrocker, that was his username on pokerstars.
Could you use a VPN to get around the ban?

Petition time.

A11dAtP0w3R it's time to cut your losses and change you sig to: 'Days until Jayden Hunt is given a 2 year extension: 143'

There's was a kick out of defence from the saints and he read it about 10m quicker than his opponent and took the mark. I remember thinking fu** this kid has it. Hes just great at footy. He positions himself and thinks through congestion better than 150 gamers it's unreal to watch in someone so young
Was going to bring this moment up. At the game it was crazy good. I thought Bowey's size would hold him back from defending at AFL level but he's tenacious and crafty 1v1, puts his body on the line, reads the game amazingly, and has a great leap to spoil much taller opponents. Almost all of our defenders operate so well in a zone and read the play better than their opponents which is a huge benefit.

Kinda want to see him up forward at some point in his career though. JT thought he could be a Toby Greene type with his leap.

EDIT: on closer inspection I was thinking of a Saints fast play where Bowey was in defensive 50 and read the ball so much better than his opponents and just chopped it off with ease

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you use a VPN to get around the ban?

sure, but you need proof of address in a location that isn't banned, and I dont have any property's overseas, an overseas license and an overseas bank account to withdraw money to when i win unfortunately.

Its far harder than just getting a VPN

Id take Bowey over Caleb Daniel tomorrow for a game. Boweys such a natural footballer its crazy
was quiet yesterday but to be expected for a young player. I love his role, it's super high up he's in every contest on the wing. He basically plays on the centre line as a half back and he just roams and then tracks back when it's turned over. I hope he stays in it when Salem comes back and doesn't get pushed aside

I still can't believe we're this good, feels like a dream tbh, opposition supporters talking how we're so far ahead of the rest of the comp feels like madness, but it's not half wrong, just gotta enjoy this ride as it goes.

OTC talking about tagging Langdon out of it is a key to beating Melbourne, are they aware how quiet he was in a 74 point grand final victory?

Robbo is hoping someone beats us, what a horrible person.

Dont be a typical salty Essendon fan. Embrace the greatness youre witnessing.

Good episode of OTC, jamming Melbourne down everyone's throat for more than half of it, keep that up for the rest of the season please
SEN was like that this morning, Buckley watched the game so had a lot to say about Melbourne, Garry said he could talk all day about it buy Buckley is doing it fir him. Buckley also mentioned that we can't legislated against incidental contact' in reference to the cripps tackle.

Was talking to some dude at the footy yesterday, he said he's going crazy hearing experts say 'the loss we need to have'

yeah * that, its a stupid theory. Winning breeds winning. We did plenty of losing the previous decade and it did us no favours.

Robbo is just a clown , Whatley is a sook . Can’t stand either of them . Zac Jones should be grateful May didn’t totally wipe him out . As for the Saints , they are now the club with the longest Premiership drought . Deal with it !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back