Review Dees v the Aints - the Good, Bad and Lights Out

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* them, seriously * them
Fall off the wagon again and there they are at the front door of the clinic with a nice taste again.

******* ground that out without playing that well

Special mention to May Petracca and Langdon. Those 3 carries us to the win

Posted this elsewhere but I'm unashamedly slutting for likes

where's Nick Riewoldt now

3 of our best 4 players were May, Lever and Langdon 🤩

But actually this is the best Melbourne defence we've had since I've been alive. Doesn't have the fun running defenders of Whelan/Ward/Walsh/Brown and Wheatley but in terms of work in the air they are as good as we've had.

Goody outsmarted himself bringing back Oscar in and moving Tomlinson away from a key post in defence.

Tomlinson's ball use tonight (didn't get much of it but without looking at the stats id guess his efficency was one of our best) and the previous few weeks has been really good coming out of defense also.

There is literally nothing Oscar does better down back than Tomlinson. Stop playing the campaigner. Please.

Posted this elsewhere but I'm unashamedly slitting for likes

where's Nick Riewoldt now

3 of our best 4 players were May, Lever and Langdon 🤩

But actually this is the best Melbourne defence we've had since I've been alive. Doesn't have the fun running defenders of Whelan/Ward/Walsh/Brown and Wheatley but in terms of work in the air they are as good as we've had.
Good personnel and very well coached. Reckon even Hogan would struggle to find a spot back there.

Special mention to Mitch Brown I thought he played a very solid game. I felt that he took his chances well.

Edited to say, take the win, but that was a pretty average game.

he had a some big moments in the last and thought he won/halved them all

he is a spectacular players but is a smart footballer

May was elite
Petracca not far behind
Hibbo rivers and Salem
Langdon - Mr consistent
The bounce off the ball

the game won’t be one for the archives but geez it was super important. Just looking forward to the saints missing the finals and it not counting as a top 8 win

Goody outsmarted himself bringing back Oscar in and moving Tomlinson away from a key post in defence.

Tomlinson's ball use tonight (didn't get much of it but without looking at the stats id guess his efficency was one of our best) and the previous few weeks has been really good coming out of defense also.

There is literally nothing Oscar does better down back than Tomlinson. Stop playing the campaigner. Please.
I'm also upset Wagner didn't get to play the spot he was born to on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back