Remove this Banner Ad

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
The usual 'forgive the intrusion' from an oppo supporter.

I know the last thing you want is sympathy, but you have it from this old tiger. I've been as low as you guys must feel tonight. The only thing I can say is that s**t days like today make it all the more satisfying when the success comes, which might be sooner than you think.

We aren’t playing finals this year, I’m certain of that.
I think we'll recover our form but go down to GWS in round 23 to be honest. Very Melbourne, but also very likely when you look at our draw.

rdangelo

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
All day our forward 50 was a conjested mess, all day their forward 50 was full of space.

Just a bloody disappointing performance, and I can't even bf giving specifics, which mirrors my feelings towards this side since that Queens birthday match.

Would be a disaster if we missed finals again, to ask our supporters to wait yet another 12 months.

Sads.
Kicked 18 goals, forward line wasn't the problem.

On Oppo F1S using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
We aren’t playing finals this year, I’m certain of that.

Don't underestimate how bad some of these other teams are. Despite our best efforts, we could still play finals.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kicked 18 goals, forward line wasn't the problem.

On Oppo F1S using BigFooty.com mobile app
The bombing in part is though which was the point. By bombing the ball in we just constantly handed the ball back to st Kilda. We dominated early only because saints were so horrible at clearing it out of the backline. Once they got their confidence up we were done.

James_

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not to be a broken record but...
How Do You Solve A Problem Like Petracca?

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
First game of the season I haven't seen by one means or another...sounds like it was a good one to miss though. I'm conjuring mental images of:

- Our tall/mid forwards all flying for the same long, high bombs and spoiling each other
- Players like Hogan and Petracca, who both have turning circles somewhat like a Death Star's orbit of a planet, playing through the guts for some reason
- Players like Tyson and Salem just drifting around, getting * all possessions and looking like they have no idea what their role is

Am I on the right track?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Wow i didn't realise we kicked the last 3, turned it off after the Stevens goal. That would have been the most undeserved win.

I got ******* shitfaced yesterday and watched the game drunk. Doesn't make it much funner.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we'll recover our form but go down to GWS in round 23 to be honest. Very Melbourne, but also very likely when you look at our draw.
I've done the ladder predictor a few times in the last 2 weeks and I have us missing the finals by a game and %. To be 8-3 at the halfway mark and tumble out of contention would be so disappointing - even more so than last year when we tripped at the final hurdle. Review time for all coaches, for starters. It can't be just the players after that sort of collapse. (yeah, I know it hasn't happened yet).

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
I was shocked in looking at the tracker stats that we had one player (Joel Smith!) who was in the top five of distance covered and high-speed efforts, while the Saints had four in each of those categories.

Wait NIBs wasn't in the top 5 for dist covered?

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Did anyone other than Gawn play well? Honestly i dont think there was, maybe Brayshaw.
Harmes and Fritsch, with gawn were out best easily.
when Viney got off the leash from tagging, in the last 20 mins he was massive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
What a ******* day
The Dees broke my heart for the millionth time
And to cap it off I got a flat tyre driving home

Ohh my, thats horrid, just wondering what station were u parked at?
Or where were you driving to and from>?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Well well well...

How’s everyone holding up today?

I woke up going “oh yes - this s**t again” and pondered in the shower how we managed to lose in every way that has been foreshadowed on this board. Funny stuff.

I think pretty much everyone who played owes Gawn an apology.

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not to be a broken record but...
How Do You Solve A Problem Like Petracca?
You may as well ask How Do You Catch A Cloud And Pin It Down. Well .... Perhaps if He Climbs Every Mountain we will achieve Some Enchanted Evening.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Well well well...

How’s everyone holding up today?

I woke up going “oh yes - this s**t again” and pondered in the shower how we managed to lose in every way that has been foreshadowed on this board. Funny stuff.

I think pretty much everyone who played owes Gawn an apology.
Harmes was good and Vineys last quarter was pretty impressive. Rest can choke on their breakfast for all I care.

Can someone please ask Goodwin to explain why we are ******* trash on our home ground?

Can someone please ask Goodwin to explain why we are ******* trash on our home ground?

Coz we cant defend space mate. Simon is Don Pyke 2.0. Just replace psychological trauma with physical trauma to the head (bricks and Salem)

(I'm sure you are aware of this but just for those that aren't :D )

Would have preferred saints to win it by 36. At least then we could say the saints beat us!

I mean come on, the Umps almost outscored St Kilda in the first half!

Would have preferred saints to win it by 36. At least then we could say the saints beat us!

I mean come on, the Umps almost outscored St Kilda in the first half!
It's not the umpires fault we're slow AF and could not run out of sight on a dark night.
The entire game was over-umpired and a couple of those 50m penalties were a bit dubious but if we're not good enough to overcome a side without the rub of the green from the umps then we're as sh*t as we looked yesterday.

It's not the umpires fault we're slow AF and could not run out of sight on a dark night.
The entire game was over-umpired and a couple of those 50m penalties were a bit dubious but if we're not good enough to overcome a side without the rub of the green from the umps then we're as sh*t as we looked yesterday.
Oh we were absolutely horrible. But how many frees directly related to goals for the Saints? How many of those frees were dodgy AF?

Oh we were absolutely horrible. But how many frees directly related to goals for the Saints? How many of those frees were dodgy AF?
We have some blokes who attack the contest with a reckless abandon that results in a sloppy tackle or push so often it isn't funny.
Not to mention 3 or 4 get sucked into the contest while their man stands off ready to spread once the bloke with the pill shoots it out to them.
There were some poor frees both ways all day and yes some cost us goals but that was the tale across most games I watched this weekend so surely you adjust your game to suit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back