Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets assess again after 5 games. (Injured players included)
Players bettering last years form
Players maintaining last years form
Players down on last years form

May
Jones

Salem
Harmes
Petracca
Lewis
Viney
Lever
Spargo

Brayshaw
Gawn
Oliver
Hibberd
Frost
Melksham
Hannan

Preuss
AVB
TMac
Omac
ANB
Fritsch
Jetta

Garlett

Thats a big ******* problem
That's mostly on the coaches. Like teachers they are their to help people develop and get better with a plan to overall help the team. This year so far is a massive massive fail and we just literally signed this dunce up for 4 more years!! Sack him.and get Ratten now before Oliver, Brayshaw and Gawn are wasted..

Jesus, I tell you, I hate to be the guy that says ‘I told you so’ but we lacked pace, our defence was a shambles, our forward entries were awful and our skills are just B grade.

Our midfield coupled with being slow can’t use it properly. Viney, Oliver, Brayshaw all have sub par AFL football disposal. Oliver I am harsh on, but he isn’t a good kick. I don’t know what’s going on with McDonald. How oh how he could be so out of touch. Really getting serious now.

Time to go;
Jones
Lewis
Frost
Wagner X 2

On borrowed time;
Hibberd
Jetta
Spargo

Potential trade to get what we want;
Petracca
Viney

Stay but must improve;
Brayshaw
McDonald
Weidemann
Hunt

Stay and going ok;
Harmes
Gawn
Salem
Fritsch
Melksham
Preuss
Oliver

Trade Viney come on pull your head in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams have worked out how to play against us (not rocket science). Even if we're winning the clearances our forward line / delivery going forward is awful. Then we're not applying pressure on the rebound and too slow to get back. So easy to score against.

Don't really know who to blame, players need to work harder when we don't have the ball but at the same time the defenders being that high up the ground has to be an instruction.

I would like to see some positional changes when the opposition has a run on though, Petracca having a short run in the middle is the only one I noticed.
It has to be coaches, either that or they’re all genuinely lost. But I never see Goodwin ranting and raving so he must be wanting to roll it that way.

All in all our work ethic is poor. We lack two way run and our midfield doesn’t help the HB line. St Kilda today has so much support everywhere they went and god they worked hard.

If you’ve got pace you’ll destroy us rebounding. I just don’t know what the fix is.

Jesus, I tell you, I hate to be the guy that says ‘I told you so’ but we lacked pace, our defence was a shambles, our forward entries were awful and our skills are just B grade.

Our midfield coupled with being slow can’t use it properly. Viney, Oliver, Brayshaw all have sub par AFL football disposal. Oliver I am harsh on, but he isn’t a good kick. I don’t know what’s going on with McDonald. How oh how he could be so out of touch. Really getting serious now.

Time to go;
Jones
Lewis
Frost
Wagner X 2

On borrowed time;
Hibberd
Jetta
Spargo

Potential trade to get what we want;
Petracca
Viney

Stay but must improve;
Brayshaw
McDonald
Weidemann
Hunt

Stay and going ok;
Harmes
Gawn
Salem
Fritsch
Melksham
Preuss
Oliver
Can't trade Viney for many various reasons, however his career is in serious jeopardy. An absolute shadow of his former self and these new rules basically make him null and void on the field.

Petracca is the bargaining chip. Trade him and we have two early first round picks. Retire Lewis and Jones, sack most of our assisstant coaches and bring in a few guys fleet of foot and it's a decent start. But agree it could take 2-3 years to build this list back up to a finals team. By then the rules are likely to have changed back to a more stoppage style of game and we're screwed again. This club will just forever be in the s**t. It will never be successful..

Awful stuff today. Even when we had the run of play in the 2nd we scrubbed 90% of our kicks going into the 50 and didn't bother trying on the rebound. Such lazy, dumb football.
Lewis was no use being rushed back. Neither organised the defence or was clean with the ball, fumbly and slow like a 33 y.o. playing his first game in months. Surprise!
Preuss was actually handy, but we are so laughably topheavy up forward with him, Weid and TMc in his current form. Hunt isn't a crumber, Spargo isn't quite quick enough or strong enough to be effective in that role.
Our whole team is a shambles at the moment, basically. Neeld like even, we just have more talented players generally (unlike ******* Rodan, Magner, Dawes) so it's not showing as badly. We look just as clueless, disorganised and lazy.

Can't trade Viney for many various reasons, however his career is in serious jeopardy. An absolute shadow of his former self and these new rules basically make him null and void on the field.

Petracca is the bargaining chip. Trade him and we have two early first round picks. Retire Lewis and Jones, sack most of our assisstant coaches and bring in a few guys fleet of foot and it's a decent start. But agree it could take 2-3 years to build this list back up to a finals team. By then the rules are likely to have changed back to a more stoppage style of game and we're screwed again. This club will just forever be in the s**t. It will never be successful..

We would get a pick in the 30s for Petracca at best. Kidding if you think we get an early first

Being trolled by a saints supporter is like being scratched by a declawed kitten.
He's gone.

And i am sorry i misread your post, bigfooty moves fast at times especially on gameday and post match, and i missed the part in brackets

Maybe the Viney call was extreme but I am trying to think outside the square. We just need pace. We need pace and a fit Lever & May and players to not have interrupted pre seasons and I reckon we will be strides better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back