Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, Dusty will kick 12 on his own our defence is so bad. I'm actually really concerned that we will have another 187(or whatever it was) on our hands next week. Imagine if we put up that garbage on Wednesday with Lynch, Reiwoldt, Dusty and Caddy playing down there? We made Membrey look like Wayne Carey! Membrey!!!!

I have a really bad feeling it will be at least 100. And that is being optimistic. We are THAT bad! It was embarrassing being at the game today. A supposed top 4 touted team looking completely and utterly lost. The skills were the worst I've seen since the Neeld era. And we've had some shockers since Neeld. I wasn't overly angry during the Neeld era, just generally numb and sad. This is the first time in a long time I'm pi$$ed off. So many supporters could see what changes needed to be made, and the club didn't do it! Pi$$ed off at May for coming back in the shape he did! Pi$$ed off at Goodwin for not being able to adapt in any way to the new rules and changes to the game. Pi$$ed off at Pert for signing this muppet for 4 years without seeing if he can actually coach to the new rules or to see if last year was actually a fluke! Pi$$ed off at Roos and Jackson for not sticking around until they oversaw an actual premiership!!! Pi$$ed off at our leadership for not standing up! Pi$$ed off at the players for not giving a yelp at our home ground for the better part of 50 years! Even with a decent list we still can't find a way to consistently win at our home ground to give supporters something to want to come and see. Pi$$ed off at the whole club for giving yet again a false sense of hope before quickly distinguishing that in another disgustingly embarrassing way. Pi$$ed off at the AFL for changing the rules to a free flowing game where speed kills when we finally build a great team of stoppage players! This sh*t can only happen to this club! My kids can go barrack for Richmond or Collingwood or whoever is winning, I don't care anymore as I don't want them to be depressed 80% of the time leaving the footy.

Reckon you will beat us with a dominant Gawn in the middle.

As for the Saints trolls. Good luck with Richo. Saints are tip and over achieving and that’s the difference between St Kilda and Melbourne, although hard to distinguish at the moment.

Still think the Dees get it going and make a run at September.

How about this, We take Goodwin, you take Brad Scott, i mean it cant get much worse for either team at the moment can it?

Brad Scott has coached a side above expectations for the majoity of his time, hes a better coach

1 TACKLE FOR THE MATCH
Hibberd
Jones
Weideman
TMac
Hunt
Wagner

0 Tackles for the match

Jetta
Fritsch
Lewis

Sam Frost had one less tackle than these 9 player combined.... something is seriously ******* broken

4 of our back 6 had a total of 2 tackles combined, our wings managed 1 combined.

We might need to face the reality that we are 3 or 4 years away. Premiership sides come into their own when their best players are 27-28

Its looking like some hard decisions will need to be made with this list, eagles got rid of Priddis and Mitchell and improved. Tigers Griffiths and Vickery.

Looking like we will have to move away from Jones, Lewis, Jetta, Garlett and Hibberd and re invigorate the side.

Drafting of 18 year olds needs an overhaul. Havent drafted and developed a proper small forward since Wonaemirri. Havent drafted an developed an intercept defender since Rivers in 2001?
Havent drafted a good winger since Scully a decade ago

My problem is I dont know how we can change, our list is built for one style and with Sparrow and Jordan we have doubled down on the same types.. I dont know how we fix it quickly.
Pardon to intrude. Great analysis.
We got rid of Lennon too, a talented player but a showboater.
Bolton used to be similar but he has matured.

Jesus, I tell you, I hate to be the guy that says ‘I told you so’ but we lacked pace, our defence was a shambles, our forward entries were awful and our skills are just B grade.

Our midfield coupled with being slow can’t use it properly. Viney, Oliver, Brayshaw all have sub par AFL football disposal. Oliver I am harsh on, but he isn’t a good kick. I don’t know what’s going on with McDonald. How oh how he could be so out of touch. Really getting serious now.

Time to go;
Jones
Lewis
Frost
Wagner X 2

On borrowed time;
Hibberd
Jetta
Spargo

Potential trade to get what we want;
Petracca
Viney
/QUOTE]

Petracca would fetch a-lot, but according to my non Melbourne mates he is Just a worse Jake Stringer (Overrated as *)
But Putting Viney on the trade block; your ballsy!

Mate, club morale? Club morale is at an all time low I’d argue. We just don’t need another inside midfielder. It’s ridiculous. He is the kind of player that would get us what we needed and would be a bargaining chip.

Do you remember when Hawthorn traded Croad in 01? There were supporters with placards down at Glenferrie Oval yelling out to save him. Sometimes you’ve got to make a call.
If he's injury prone, that helps us.
IM in no way calling for captian to be outed from his club, but.
He had a bung foot. Hawks Fixed Scully

Almost as bad as the loss itself is that we have family staying with us from out of town. Trying to remain calm and patiently answer all the questions about this new confusing sport they’re trying to understand, while all I want to do is unleash a constant stream of profanities was quite the challenge 😢

The match I watched last night was inspired, tough and exhilaratingly fast . A very entertaining spectacle, and it wasn't even a close contest. It's 10:40pm here in Europe on Saturday, so i'm actually talking about the Port Adelaide performance. When melbourne s**t out performances like that, it's teams like Port Adelaide that provide me with the entertainment of watching wonderful fluid moving and connected footy, that i'll look forward to watching more from than Melbourne over the next few months.

Back in 2012-15, in the latter rounds of the seasons, i chose to watch games on tv that had more of an impact on the race to the 8 instead of watching our games when there was a clash. I'll probably end up doing that this year.

Last edited:
I usually dont give a **** if say it was Essendon or Carlton, but I dunno I just expected better from your boys. feel there's some sort of mutual respect between us. not trying to white knight anything

Sweet mercy, please go parent your own fans. Does this "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" schtick you're pulling ever get received well? Jog on.

you're one of the good guys, or at least I've seen you not being disrespectful to other teams. that's all I'm saying. I was coming over to say commiserations on the loss and wish you guys luck but noticed the title and thought yas were better than that. all I'm saying. I didn't read any of the thread or what any Saints fan has said

Not one is us stared flinging mud mate. It was a couple of saints supporters coming in here rubbing in the result. What do you expect?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1 TACKLE FOR THE MATCH
Hibberd
Jones
Weideman
TMac
Hunt
Wagner

0 Tackles for the match

Jetta
Fritsch
Lewis

Sam Frost had one less tackle than these 9 player combined.... something is seriously ******* broken

4 of our back 6 had a total of 2 tackles combined, our wings managed 1 combined.

Some of that is a bit surprising. Hunt was one of the few players noticeably chasing and applying pressure - surprised he only had one tackle. The rest, not so much. If the other team is faster, fitter and working harder, they're going to get more players in open space and have more options to pass to. Tackles will drop off for any side of their opposition have one or two wide open men outside the contest. Its more a symptom of how bad we're playing rather than any need to single out certain players... although I doubt anyone on this board expected Lewis to make a tackle playing as the slowest winger in the AFL.

One of Weideman or TMac needs to be dropped, and at the moment it should be TMac. We can't hold the ball in our forward 50 for toffee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: One thing that pleased me was that we actually tried to switch play today instead of kicking the ball down the line like we always do. It didn't work but at least we tried something different.
Bad: The fact we can all see the flaws in the coaches game plan but they can't or simply don't know how to adjust accordingly.
Fugly: 17 more weeks of this s**t.

I usually dont give a **** if say it was Essendon or Carlton, but I dunno I just expected better from your boys. feel there's some sort of mutual respect between us. not trying to white knight anything
No s**t you expected better, because we probably have a better list and are better on paper. But we are playing like rubbish with some serious imbalances and B grade coaching.

you're one of the good guys, or at least I've seen you not being disrespectful to other teams. that's all I'm saying. I was coming over to say commiserations on the loss and wish you guys luck but noticed the title and thought yas were better than that. all I'm saying. I didn't read any of the thread or what any Saints fan has said
No point with commiserations. That’s why we are here on our board. Commiserations won’t change the result. Celebrate being 4-1 on your board.

No s**t you expected better, because we probably have a better list and are better on paper. But we are playing like rubbish with some serious imbalances and B grade coaching.
I'm not talking about the game. this is all purely based on the "aints" in your title. I've been misunderstood. it doesn't matter

I'm not talking about the game. this is all purely based on the "aints" in your title. I've been misunderstood. it doesn't matter

Shut the * up, next years title will be ekomaira is a * wit

I don’t know you mate. But you’re 4-1, just go and revel in it. Why bother worrying about perceived sleights from a wounded fan base?

Hey guys unlucky today. I said this in your match day thread against the Bombers a couple weeks ago but you have to toss out the zoning defence system, it isn’t working. Go back to basics. You have arguably the best inside midfield brigade in the comp, you just need to fix your forward entries.

Also I don’t appreciate you calling us the ‘Aints but at the same time, we have rude nicknames for all the oppo clubs too so fair game. Good luck for the rest of the season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We need more than luck

Mate who cares? Have you gone through other team boards and looked at what they call opposition teams? If your offered by ‘Aints’ then you probably need to be less sensitive and focus on the fact you’re 4-1 and our numbers are reversed.

You guys are the Aints, just like when we play North Melbourne it’s ‘Norf’. It’s a pisstake without going too far and it’s not on the MB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back