Review Dees v the Aureus Coast: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Upon reflection the one thing I liked today was the tackling and pressure, back to our best. The rest of skills unfortunately undid all that good work

Our midfield work was solid except for our forward 50 entries. Fix those up and we win by 6 goals.

Is that offal from today worse than the 2016 Dees v GC where Jack Watts saved the day and Bernie Vince handed the ball to Tom Lynch at the close of play?

Good - the win
Bad - the score line. 61 points just isn’t stacking up against a decent finals side.
Brayshaw - he has horrid disposal
Ugly - the fact it’s 2019 and we haven’t addressed our I50 issues.
Our skill level is horrible. It’s just so bad.

Oh, and we will get our arses handed to us when we play WC next week.

Last edited:
Good: I’ve had a skinful.
Bad: Every time I looked up from my beer and watched the game.
Ugly: The win. But it still felt good. Kinda like watching Jaws get blown up at the end, but instead of a giant maneating shark it was a goldfish and we accidentally overfed it.
You know myth busters busted that?

Is that offal from today worse than the 2016 Dees v GC where Jack Watts saved the day and Bernie Vince handed the ball to Tom Lynch at the close of play?

*kicked it to him which he marked and had a long after the siren kick. Yeah terrible game but we were happy with the 4 points.

The next week however, we played our best game in 10 years up to that point and beat Hawthorn who had a massive win streak

Take the 4 points. Hunt had two big moments in the last 50 seconds. Loved frosts attack at the ball. Hore had composures beyond his years. Hibberd putting his body on the line.
Salem was solid and silk. Need to clone him.

Tmac putting to much pressure on my heart

I hate to nominate one player but Brayshaw was garbage tonight, no intensity at the ball, goes one handed (not soft but playing Hollywood football) dump kicks and panic handballs

Oliver should be banned from taking advantage

My side won by 2 points today, coming from 30 points down in the last quarter. The young fella is 4 wins from 4 starts.

I was at the game and honestly everyone should be reimbursed their admission money. Bloody terrible game of footy. If we play like that against a West Coast or a Collingwood we’ll get beaten by 20 goals. Jeffy is so out of form and TMac couldn’t catch the grabs at the minute. Lewis and Hibberd out next for sure. Keilty not up to it also. Probably T Smith in after 4 goals for Casey and maybe Petty and Baker are due for a game. Also, need Preuss back in to support Maxy.

You can only laugh, really. Winning the game because Tom McDonald drops a mark in the goal square and then kicks a point from 4 metres out. Amazing, just absolutely perfect. (Imagine there's an emoticon here where I'm kissing my fingers like an Italian chef.)

Same problems as previous weeks, still no sign that they're being addressed or that anything's likely to change. We were probably the better team for most of the night, but we're so predictable and easy to coach against that it almost doesn't matter how well we play when we just keep delivering the ball lace-out to the opposition defenders. On top of that, injuries to Hibberd, Melksham and Lewis means we're probably not going to find a lot of things to smile about in the coming weeks, so we might as well make the most of these moments of levity while they last. It was undoubtedly the funniest win I've ever seen, but obviously a long way from the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game and honestly everyone should be reimbursed their admission money. Bloody terrible game of footy. If we play like that against a West Coast or a Collingwood we’ll get beaten by 20 goals. Jeffy is so out of form and TMac couldn’t catch the grabs at the minute. Lewis and Hibberd out next for sure. Keilty not up to it also. Probably T Smith in after 4 goals for Casey and maybe Petty and Baker are due for a game. Also, need Preuss back in to support Maxy.
Yeah T Smith straight in for Keilty. He just isn’t up to it. Is Lewis injured or are you calling for him to be omitted? Because either or, I want him out.

Bloody hell. What a win. Never thought we were a chance when there was 49 seconds left. The rest of the game can get in the bin. Except Clarry’s game. Massive game by him.

Injuries still killing us. Hibberd just finds form and broken collarbone. Not many left at Casey to bring in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back