Review Dees v the Blood-Stained Angels: the Good, Bad & Downright Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sydney had it looking like a "Melbourne game" after quarter time. When we went forward their defence looked extremely comfortable. When they went inside we looked panicked. Contest they were also on top.

It will take a minute to find their rhythm again but I think it'll happen at some point.

1654347796585.png

it was fun while it lasted. How's Toumpas and Trengove tracking in the 2's?

My kingdom for a decent key position forward.

I'll deck anyone that says Taylor Walker.

We've missed TMac 2 weeks in a row now. He's no world beater but he is a solid, oldschool type player who plays against the grain of our system. Something we desperately need right now as the system has been put on ice.

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
We've missed TMac 2 weeks in a row now. He's no world beater but he is a solid, oldschool type player who plays against the grain of our system. Something we desperately need right now as the system has been put on ice.
It goes beyond personnel. Yes he may have been handy but his form has been variable. It's the delivery and system killing us.

Yeah, as much as I love BBB as a person and detest old Tom in the same manner, at least Tom doesn't get bodied the way Brown does, and can actually go close to impacting a ball when it hits the deck.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
56 last week and 61 this week. Dismal in attack. Who's our forwardline coach? Few sleepless nights before the Pies game. Becomes a massive game now. Like I said before this game, we are very gettable. Nowhere near the side from last year.

Gawn 28 disposals (23 contested), nine marks (six contested), three goals, ten score involvements, five clearances, 30 hitouts.

Damn you campaigners for taking the shine his game. An absolute all-timer

Gawn 28 disposals (23 contested), nine marks (six contested), three goals, ten score involvements, five clearances, 30 hitouts.

Has to be the best ruck of all time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ugly: Me going overseas for the last 2 games and watching at OS Pubs = us losing with similar starts.

I'll be back next week, so although we haven't been great for a month please direct all hate to me for the time being.

Frustrating presser from Goody. Admired the contest and how it could have gone our way more than anything else. We played Sydney minus their best player. They’re a ripping side but they’re very beatable given their age and fitness, especially when they gave us the third quarter and we said ‘nah all good boys we’ll just give the ball back to a mccartin’

His inside midfield brigade is letting him down big time. Petracca and Sparrow particularly bad.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
We should be winning more centre clearances with the personnel we have in there.
Sparrow wasn't great but he only had 60% game time.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
the sparrow handball was a game changer. But I personally didn't think he was that bad. The Salem turnover in the 2nd quarter turned the game and started the swans momentum.

Let's not talk about the Bowey and Langdon frees that decided/ended the game. Spewing

It goes beyond personnel. Yes he may have been handy but his form has been variable. It's the delivery and system killing us.
We've missed him irrespective but I agree our issues go beyond personnel.

Piesnchess

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I don't think the 'lurking-likes' is anything too much to worry about. Most of the ribbing we've copped so far has been tame and in good spirit. Please don't let that be a jinx for a shitstorm when I go to bed tonight.
I for one,never come on an Opp Board and slag off their team, thats just not on, i prefer intelligent debate and views. FWIW, i think some of you guys are a bit harsh, make no mistake, the Swans are a very good side, well drilled, hungry and will cause mayhem this season, look what they did to the tigers, after five goals down too. To be frank, im quite surprised at how my young Magpies have fared, exceeded my expectations, we are re buiding with a host of kids, brand new Coach, new gameplan, i thought wed win bout 7 games for the season, re build yr, but already won six. We should have beaten the Cats, six goals up, then their oldies stepped in yet again. Eagles loss was woeful, but beating Freo in Perth by six goals was amazing, and beating the old enemy, Caaaarlton, was icing on the cake. Today is a concern, those damn Hawks are our bogey side, never easy against them, i think we can win though, by around 16 points, hopefully. I reckon the QB game, will be a absolute cracker, you guys will come out breathing fire, and we will be underdogs, thats how i like it. We have two excitement machines, both kids, Jack Ginnavin an Oliver Henry, Henry looks a gem up forward, throw in Nick Daicos, Murphy and McCreery, and the future looks pretty damn good for the Pies. QB will be a ripper of a game, close, tough, two goals either way will win it, IMHO, nothing like good ol traditional footy, bring it on, Cheers.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I for one,never come on an Opp Board and slag off their team, thats just not on, i prefer intelligent debate and views. FWIW, i think some of you guys are a bit harsh, make no mistake, the Swans are a very good side, well drilled, hungry and will cause mayhem this season, look what they did to the tigers, after five goals down too. To be frank, im quite surprised at how my young Magpies have fared, exceeded my expectations, we are re buiding with a host of kids, brand new Coach, new gameplan, i thought wed win bout 7 games for the season, re build yr, but already won six. We should have beaten the Cats, six goals up, then their oldies stepped in yet again. Eagles loss was woeful, but beating Freo in Perth by six goals was amazing, and beating the old enemy, Caaaarlton, was icing on the cake. Today is a concern, those damn Hawks are our bogey side, never easy against them, i think we can win though, by around 16 points, hopefully. I reckon the QB game, will be a absolute cracker, you guys will come out breathing fire, and we will be underdogs, thats how i like it. We have two excitement machines, both kids, Jack Ginnavin an Oliver Henry, Henry looks a gem up forward, throw in Nick Daicos, Murphy and McCreery, and the future looks pretty damn good for the Pies. QB will be a ripper of a game, close, tough, two goals either way will win it, IMHO, nothing like good ol traditional footy, bring it on, Cheers.
With all due respect, we don't care about the pies. We know that at our best we're a 60 point better team. The issue is we're 80 points off our best at the moment so I expect you guys to win. But I'm sure most dees fans are more focused on just getting back to our best than worrying about the opposition.

Piesnchess

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
AFL Club
Collingwood
With all due respect, we don't care about the pies. We know that at our best we're a 60 point better team. The issue is we're 80 points off our best at the moment so I expect you guys to win. But I'm sure most dees fans are more focused on just getting back to our best than worrying about the opposition.
I think 60 pts is a bit of a stretch, you were at your best last QB game, Bucks last game, and i recall we won, but whatever, our win over the Dockers by six goals in Perth shows we are very competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back