Review Dees v the Blood-Stained Angels: the Good, Bad & Downright Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

You would've said the same thing after the loss to freo.
They were missing buddy, there's no excuses. Next week it'll be 'Salem is still finding his feet, May was a bit rusty after his week off, the bye will reset us, Petty is playing sore'. It's not good enough.

p.s. tom mcdonald is never a big out.
I think he is. He is a very good player. They’ll be jarred after that loss. They’re too good just to keep losing. Happy to have a bit of a slump now, halfway mark. We will be fine.

I think he is. He is a very good player. They’ll be jarred after that loss. They’re too good just to keep losing. Happy to have a bit of a slump now, halfway mark. We will be fine.
Agreed. I think he brings a different game than Fritta and Brown. Can take a contested mark unlike any of our other forwards and has good wheels. I reckon a fit TMac last night could have been handy.

Fugly.

I’ve got COVID. Again.
How are you feeling? I’ve managed to avoid it yet it’s gone through the house once already. My external activities though are pretty pedestrian. Gym, pool, school and kinder drop off / pick up. Pub last night in a very small setting was my first outing since March. One pint of beer is my limit.

How are you feeling? I’ve managed to avoid it yet it’s gone through the house once already. My external activities though are pretty pedestrian. Gym, pool, school and kinder drop off / pick up. Pub last night in a very small setting was my first outing since March. One pint of beer is my limit :0
Not too bad. Runny nose and sneezing, slightly light headed. Like hay fever. I’m like you though, I’ve barely been anywhere so God knows how I got it. Probably getting my flu vax on Wednesday which is vaguely ironic

Not too bad. Runny nose and sneezing, slightly light headed. Like hay fever. I’m like you though, I’ve barely been anywhere so God knows how I got it. Probably getting my flu vax on Wednesday which is vaguely ironic
You’re definitely positive? Yeah we’ve just had flu here. Had the vax as well. I think the kids had it mildly due to the vax. It’s all a bit grim at the moment with these bugs.

Slightly off topic, but this year we’ve had;

-COVID
-Colds x2
-Gastro x2
-Flu

Lack of immunity due to two years of isolation. Kids at kinder just spread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cold night last to be at the game and the long walk back to richmond station. This is my take.

STRATEGY:
We have been figured out and our style of play has been dismantled. Specifically Wing to Half forward Synergy totally cut off with Oppositions (Past month including West coast, North) Intercepting marking at will across the line. There is no forward opportunities that seem accustomed to what we are actually aiming to do. We kick long when we should go short and vice versa. Teams know our pressure acts are down and simply line up your intercept marking and you get a fresh reload, pick a wing and you can short kick away your build up offence.

I think its mainly tactical how we are struggling.

You’re definitely positive? Yeah we’ve just had flu here. Had the vax as well. I think the kids had it mildly due to the vax. It’s all a bit grim at the moment with these bugs.
Looks that way. RAT says yes. I felt a bit fluey on the day of the vax but assumed it was just side affects. Probably was too, I haven’t had other symptoms until now.

Lucky I made sure to get to the G last night to infect the maximum number of people.

I love how a reporter asked Goodwin in the presser if Ben Brown is playing injured. lol. Because it's basically inconceivable that a healthy human being can be so bad in 2 hours of football for a month straight. I could roll out of bed and perform more than he has been. Not even joking.

Every game is a different game, we shall see, i still think QB game will be a cracker, real contest.
That comment doesn’t make sense. Of course every game is a different one, but the Grand Final is the biggest one and playing your best football on GF day is more important than QB just because it’s a ‘marquee’ game.

I love how a reporter asked Goodwin in the presser if Ben Brown is playing injured. lol. Because it's basically inconceivable that a healthy human being can be so bad in 2 hours of football for a month straight. I could roll out of bed and perform more than he has been. Not even joking.
I think his last decent game was against Hawthorn where he kicked 4 goals or something pretty much all from free kicks because he flayed his arms around as he does! He needs a spell. Problem is our back up isn't any better when given a chance. It's probably time we just play Weid. I still like the idea of giving JVR a debut somewhere. Will be interesting what we do with TMac looking done and dusted.

This game has all the hallmarks of the dees tuning up and knowing that flags aren’t won in June. A few underdone stars coming back etc. It’s better getting these slogfests out of the way than dealing with the pressure of being undefeated.

There is no other team that can turn on like the dees, 100-7 comes to mind.

Swans were about as good as they could be, you guys have a much higher ceiling.

I think Dees will easily win the flag this year, too many brilliant players, no real weaknesses and a game style that can adapt to defence or offense like no one else.

Fully Expect you guys to build up after the bye and peak when it matters.

Good: Max. Viney never gave up. Bionic man Petty. Losses similar time to last year. We won a Premiership. Still on top of ladder.

Bad: Forward line taking static to new levels.

Ugly: TMac the saviour, really? Media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back