Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
That's why I said keep Tmac forward. Not a chance you put him back.
Brown was.... Good and bad.
Looked good when he had an uncontested jump but he's a bit of a double grabber.

We were lucky to get away with that, it goes down as a win but I wouldn't walk away pumped with what the team produced especially a few individuals.

That's why I said keep Tmac forward. Not a chance you put him back.
Brown was.... Good and bad.
Looked good when he had an uncontested jump but he's a bit of a double grabber.

We were lucky to get away with that, it goes down as a win but I wouldn't walk away pumped with what the team produced especially a few individuals.

Brown still looks underdone to me, I reckon his lack of impact in the second half says it all.

• Harmes was excellent
  • Brown good - can't wait til he's fully fit in another few weeks
  • Spargo massive (metaphorically speaking)
  • T Mac is back, if he wasn't already
  • Desperately need Viney back in - takes so much heat off Trac & Clarry
  • Not convinced on Petty yet but will judge in a few weeks
  • Fritsch terrible, looked lazy, hope he cops a rocket

No mention of Brayshaw, wondering if you "actually watched the game tonight" to quote your good self.... 😂 ....stay strong unbiased fan boi.

Absolutely, probably been better than I thought he would be tbf to him. I just dont like how often the ball gets behind him. Not very strong in the contest for a tall bloke.

Yea if he's not ultra fit and a leading target up the ground he's a very average footballer.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yea if he's not ultra fit and a leading target up the ground he's a very average footballer.
The very definition of a one trick pony. If his one wood isn't working he's got nothing else to add.

Sure give him time to work within our system and get match fit but he hasn't improved our forward line imo.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
No mention of Brayshaw, wondering if you "actually watched the game tonight" to quote your good self.... 😂 ....stay strong unbiased fan boi.
******* Brayshaw that campaigner. I'd like to ask whoever drafted him what is he does that made him the 3rd best teenager in the land. He's not good at anything.

slackboy72

All Australian
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good: Defence. Franklin made a spectator.
Bad: Not scoring three or four more in Q2.
Ugly: Getting smashed in the centre clearances.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also Clayton Oliver should go and watch some Gablett highlights at GC. Bloke was the absolute master at getting a 1-2.
Often Oliver decides to handball but he doesn't then keep moving to be dangerous just kinda expects the ball to go somewhere else.

Both damn good players though so they can get away with it.
I actually love Papley.

Right after his awesome back with the flight mark to kick off the game

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
The conditions were slippery which exacerbated the problem but you have to worry about how we win a prelim or even the big one with mids who kick as poorly as ours do.
Petracca is good at times but still misses a lot of targets, Harmes hit and miss, Brayshaw terrible, Viney bad, Oliver truly awful and getting worse by foot every week.

If someone had said to us 2 years ago that Langdon will be one of our best kicks through the midfield we’d have had them banned for trolling.

******* Brayshaw that campaigner. I'd like to ask whoever drafted him what is he does that made him the 3rd best teenager in the land. He's not good at anything.

In fairness, he has played some good footy for us and looked the part early days.

I've been content with his play this year until the last two games, both have been very poor.

It's all good being a 'structure' player, but if you're only getting it 15-20 times a game you better be clean with the ball.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
In fairness, he has played some good footy for us and looked the part early days.

I've been content with his play this year until the last two games, both have been very poor.

It's all good being a 'structure' player, but if you're only getting it 15-20 times a game you better be clean with the ball.
I've never been a fan of his though, even his good early play was alot of getting it at HB and bombing it over the back to Garlett. I don't think he ever stood out.
He had his peak season in 18 but wasn't as good as the Brownlow suggested. He was just good.

Really become a nothing player. Langdon is a true winger and we are lucky to have him, Brayshaw seems more like we have no where else to use him so hes on a wing. No good above his head, not an accurate kick and not agile enough for the midfield.

Seems a great kid but he's like 25 now and regressing. It's the Dom Tyson 2.0

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Biggest positive out of last night is the proof that we are now a team full of genuine ‘senior footballers’ rather than kids with promise. The kids we do have can all hold their own physically (and in time will all be powerful units). It’s a pleasure to watch the likes of Spargo become a really powerful tackler, Neal-Bullen can stick his tackles now, and pretty much everyone in the team can be trusted to bodyline the ball and stop the momentum of the opposition when it’s their turn.

Noticeable moments where some of our poorer players on the night like Brayshaw and Hunt had big one on one wins and turned the ball over. As much as I complain about it you can sort of see why our style lends itself better to having Brayshaw, Melksham, ANB, Jones instead of Chandler/Baker/Bowey.

Havinng said that I still think Melksham should go, would prefer almost anyone else.

bjwilliams

All Australian
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also my boy Harmes was good first up after everything he got here.
He's best 22 when fit no doubt about it
Maybe second half Harmes is, but first half he had me wanting to leave the ground. His decision making was so slow it felt like he had no idea what to do with it when he got it.

What in the actual fu**
Can we call Brayshaw a draft bust?
He's complete s**t, but the 2014 first round might be the worst ever.
McCartin, Petracca, Brayshaw, Pickett, De Goey, Marchbank, Ahern, Wright, Moore (F/S), Cockatoo was the top 10. 7 still playing, wright, cocky, Marchbank, Brayshaw all s**t. De goey is good at times, Moore is a gun and Tracc is a superstar. So really, I'd say recruiters were only looking at the top ten for pick 3. Meaning we really only missed out on De Goey.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely, probably been better than I thought he would be tbf to him. I just dont like how often the ball gets behind him. Not very strong in the contest for a tall bloke.
He does follow up with effort on the ground though, after the ball spills from the contest. He tends to get a handball out to somebody in free space if possible. He also managed a short pass which resulted in a goal. So overall, I'd say he has improved our forward line - he's certainly keeping Weid out for now. Weid is going to have to start knocking on the door pretty hard to force his way in or he'll be looking for a new club. Brown is still coming up to speed with the game again after a long injury layoff, so he will improve generally with leading and marking. I just wish he'd get a few steaks into him. He looks undernourished doing that vegan thing.

Back