Review Dees v the Bombers at World End - the Good, Bad and Beyond Fugly

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nothing more MFC than feeling hollow after a win. We're crap and don't deserve finals. We'll be bloody embarrassed by WCE anyway. Making finals would only give Goodwin fuel to keep his job. He's not taking us anywhere close to a premiership.

And can Fritsch spend his whole summer kicking at goal please. Never seen such a nice kick of the footy miss so often.

Weid pathetic last month. Melksham pathetic two years.

Trac, Oliver and Gawn so influential when we're winning and go completely missing when pressured.

Langdon and May were great, as was Brown i thought. Lever was good too. Hunt and ANB kicking 6 between them was important.

Really don't care if we make finals or not. 9th feels about right tbh. Happy for our season to end..

I take issue with your first sentence. The most MFC thing ever would’ve been losing that game!

We were poor though without doubt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Been talking to my mate who is a bulldogs supporter about finals. I realised I would love to see a saints vs bulldogs elimination final. Certainly more interesting than west coast vs Melbourne

Thought we were in control for three quarters, failed to capitalize in the first especially.

Final quarter was woeful.

Brown, good numbers but to say he's an underwhelming player impact wise is an understatement.

Think the last quarter really soured what was a pretty rock solid first 3 quarters all in all.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Fugly: My nerves will be on tenterhooks tonight/overnight. The warm night won't help matters either. Its 2017 yet again.
Ditch the nerves now and check out. We have no chance. Start drinking wildly like me.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I can't. I have been sober for the past decade, owing my abstinence to my disliking the taste of alcohol.
Okay then buy a Nintendo switch or some similar thing. We missed our chance weeks back - no point getting worked up now. Though I do like how once again we’re hoping for Jesse to kick a bag (though his chance at football fell away years ago)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I hope the Bulldogs lose tomorrow for you guys. My best mate is a Melbourne supporter so like to see them do well for his sake. Good luck.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
We made hard work of it.
set up in the second quarter with some great midfield work. Not sure why we just stopped in the last.
Thought the defence worked hard and Lever had his bed game for a while. River looks a 10+ year player off half back.
Trac Clarry and Gawn played well. Viney did a lot of the hard stuff.
Brown probably earned himself another contract.
Hunt was fantastic. ANB played a good game.
Melksham was missing most the game. Does ok when he finds it but needs to get more involved
Smith is a bit suspect down back. I think he’s worth persisting with given his athleticism. Let’s hope the
Dockers get it done.

A lot being made of the Petracca non HTB call. TBH he got tackled as soon as he picked it up and it was dislodged one the tackle. How about Stringer unrealistic attempt that wasn’t paid leading to an Essendon goal. Essendon supporters not interested in debating that one.
Essendon has never lost a game for a reason other than the umpiring or injuries.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
A lot being made of the Petracca non HTB call. TBH he got tackled as soon as he picked it up and it was dislodged one the tackle. How about Stringer unrealistic attempt that wasn’t paid leading to an Essendon goal. Essendon supporters not interested in debating that one.
Swings in roundabouts htb is a lottery. There was one where rivers made the tackle clear htb play on. It worked out ok because we ended up with a goal but still should have been paid. The other thing is just because they missed a free it doesn't necessary mean Essendon would have goalled. If iy happened in the second qrt it's all forgotten.

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
May and Lever both solid today and I thought Mitch Brown played his role well for the majority of the game. He's every bit as good as TMac and on a fraction of the money. Worth keeping.

Really hope we look to improve our forward line through the trade period. Weid enjoyed a nice patch of form throughout the middle of the season but he and Jackson aren't yet consistent enough to take us anywhere in 2021. We must at least ask the question about Jack Gunston...

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was holding the ball under the rules. But the rules should be changed so that was just called a throw up, it would stop all the rolling mauls that happen.

As other posters said, we had several go against us. Langdon not getting paid a mark, stringer unrealistic attempt etc.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I take issue with your first sentence. The most MFC thing ever would’ve been losing that game!

We were poor though without doubt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Most MFC thing ever is giving supporters hope just to crush their souls in new and exciting ways year on year on year for 6 decades

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whatever that game was, it wasn't a ruthless performance

Essendon are a real s**t show. Funny to see Daniher struggle against a decent defender (same as last week). Poor bloke doesn't want to be there.

Nice to see Hunt use his pace and kick a few goals. If we were a decent club we would find a role for him somewhere on the field.

Melksham better be carrying an injury as he looks like 2017 Melksham, no intensity, no strength, fumbles and critical errors. Can't believe he captained us this year. Has offered nothing in the midfield the last month.

Can't wait for the Dogs to easily beat Freo so I can start to focus on what's important: pre season training reports talking about nibbler's time trial wins and how much size omac has out on

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whatever that game was, it wasn't a ruthless performance

Essendon are a real sh*t show. Funny to see Daniher struggle against a decent defender (same as last week). Poor bloke doesn't want to be there.

Nice to see Hunt use his pace and kick a few goals. If we were a decent club we would find a role for him somewhere on the field.

Melksham better be carrying an injury as he looks like 2017 Melksham, no intensity, no strength, fumbles and critical errors. Can't believe he captained us this year. Has offered nothing in the midfield the last month.

Can't wait for the Dogs to easily beat Freo so I can start to focus on what's important: pre season training reports talking about nibbler's time trial wins and how much size omac has out on
What about Shannon Byrnes kicking 5 in a intra club!!!!

Back