Review Dees v the Bombers at World End - the Good, Bad and Beyond Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to Salem, he was good today. More often than not I find him to be unproductive and soft as cow s**t, but he was one of our best today. I really hope he steps up next year and games like today are his baseline.

Fritsch is a very lazy footballer who needs a bit of leadership around him in the off season, or he will be palmed off with Hannan. 7 shots at goal, and like most weeks he gets shots at goal, but doesn't make himself dangerous enough. Lead in the V or find a team mate if you can't kick it son.

Hunt shows again, that he isn't shithouse. Just needs a role and stick to it. Some class from him today.

Spargo did some nice things, Neal Bullen too, weideman was ok in second and third, but they all may as well have gone and sat out by the team bus in the last.

Think we need to give up on the Joel Smith being an AFL footballer experiment. News flash, he's not.

Baker was decent and showed he probably has enough to give another year.

Looking forward to round 1 next year with Jacko, rivers and pickett all having another preseason, and Langdon, lever and Tomlinson getting some more continuity with the group.

Gonna be some big changes over the next few months and personally I'll be sad to see some players go. But the inconsistency is absolutely infuriating so whatever needs to be done, I'm all for it.

* it pains me to see Melksham struggle so much bc I love him but it’s gonna take something special for him to turn things around. He’s only 29, has been inconsistent pretty much his entire career but this seems like something else, just barely gets near the ball or stays involved. Doesn’t need much of it to have an impact but needs to do more.

Still not sure that we really have anyone to replace him though so would prefer to see him get back to form than shoehorn someone else who’s equally inconsistent but without his kicking ability + smarts into the side. At his best he’s one of the more unique players on our list.

G'day all. Good win. Really hope you guys make it.

Just wanted to pop it and tell you guys to brace yourselves. We copped it with dickgate with chol and the boys and it looks like tomorrow morning you guys will be getting fingergate with hunt and Pertracca.

I wont link it here as it may be offensive but its all over twitter.

If a mod finds this post not appropriate, just delete it. Just wanted to give your supporters the heads up because the over reaction we copped was way over the top.

Credit to Salem, he was good today. More often than not I find him to be unproductive and soft as cow sh*t, but he was one of our best today. I really hope he steps up next year and games like today are his baseline.

Fritsch is a very lazy footballer who needs a bit of leadership around him in the off season, or he will be palmed off with Hannan. 7 shots at goal, and like most weeks he gets shots at goal, but doesn't make himself dangerous enough. Lead in the V or find a team mate if you can't kick it son.

Hunt shows again, that he isn't shithouse. Just needs a role and stick to it. Some class from him today.

Spargo did some nice things, Neal Bullen too, weideman was ok in second and third, but they all may as well have gone and sat out by the team bus in the last.

Think we need to give up on the Joel Smith being an AFL footballer experiment. News flash, he's not.

Baker was decent and showed he probably has enough to give another year.

Looking forward to round 1 next year with Jacko, rivers and pickett all having another preseason, and Langdon, lever and Tomlinson getting some more continuity with the group.

Gonna be some big changes over the next few months and personally I'll be sad to see some players go. But the inconsistency is absolutely infuriating so whatever needs to be done, I'm all for it.
What nice things??? One kick

Gotta say normally I don't like Hunt forward because he does * all but lead out in a straight line, which is decent but he's not tall enough

However 4 goals basically from using his pace to run to position, 2 on the run. Games like that and I'd keep him in the team. Way way better as a player running towards the goal
It's just a shame he literally doesn't know how to get involved in the game anymore outside the 50.

Joel smith or Omac ? They appear to make the same errors and are very soft !
melsham isn’t a midfielder and never will be ! wasn’t him just loosely handballed to opposition !
Poor weid has gone missing but isn’t getting any easy leads/marks and Won’t win any one on one marks like a Hawkins !
May and lever are our rocks down back !

Played like a million bucks for one quarter, broke even in 2 other quarters then almost shat the bed completely in the last. A win is a win though.

Oliver, Trac and Gawn deciding to activate beast mode for a single quarter was fun.

May is solid as ever and Lever was bloody important too.

Hunt and ANB performing for their careers is always nice to see.

Aside from the stupid push in the back I thought Baker had another solid game. Has been good, if unremarkable, since coming back. Shown enough to stick around next year in my books.

Fritta, Fritta, Fritta...you are, without a doubt, the most frustrating player on the field every week.

Joel Smith is a crab and always has been.

Melk has had an absolutely horrid season and should have been dropped half way through the year. We're basically playing with 17 when he's out there.

Played like a million bucks for one quarter, broke even in 2 other quarters then almost shat the bed completely in the last. A win is a win though.

Oliver, Trac and Gawn deciding to activate beast mode for a single quarter was fun.

May is solid as ever and Lever was bloody important too.

Hunt and ANB performing for their careers is always nice to see.

Aside from the stupid push in the back I thought Baker had another solid game. Has been good, if unremarkable, since coming back. Shown enough to stick around next year in my books.

Fritta, Fritta, Fritta...you are, without a doubt, the most frustrating player on the field every week.

Joel Smith is a crab and always has been.

Melk has had an absolutely horrid season and should have been dropped half way through the year. We're basically playing with 17 when he's out there.
Baker was absoloute crap. His first 4 disposals were turnovers.

Jayden Hunt is essentially Gary Rohan
This. Have him spend all summer watching how he plays up forward. Stephenson from Collingwood too. Has good pace, solid hands and an ok set shot. Teach him how to lead and others to kick to him and he'll get a couple of goals each game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Have him spend all summer watching how he plays up forward. Stephenson from Collingwood too. Has good pace, solid hands and an ok set shot. Teach him how to lead and others to kick to him and he'll get a couple of goals each game.
Jayden Hunt is actually a really good leader at the ball carrier. Like maybe the best in our team. That's the last of his issues, his issue is for a bloke with his leg speed he doesn't pressure forward and doesn't crumb goals so he's just another mid sized player.
He needs to spend all pre season learning how to crumb and get some dirty goals. The one hitting the 50 was brilliant, adds a whole new dimension to our attack.

A lot being made of the Petracca non HTB call. TBH he got tackled as soon as he picked it up and it was dislodged one the tackle. How about Stringer unrealistic attempt that wasn’t paid leading to an Essendon goal. Essendon supporters not interested in debating that one.
What about the Rivers tackle in the last quarter.. Essendon player tried to take Rivers, got tackled and dropped the ball, play on........

Hahaha god damn it. I missed the first 10 minutes of the game while trying to get my laptop connection set up. Figures. Fool me once Baker boy.
His running was decent, got back to help out as the defensive winger a couple times but didn't use any pace and kicked like a quad.
Not sure he will still be on the list next year

His running was decent, got back to help out as the defensive winger a couple times but didn't use any pace and kicked like a quad.
Not sure he will still be on the list next year

Fair call. His defensive running was what I really liked as he was always an option down in the back pockets or around the defensive 50 arc for us to get out of trouble. Shame about his horrid disposals then.

I'd like to keep him around as we're still a good winger short. Might depend on who we target at the trade table.

Baker is an interesting one. A few weeks back I’d have said he’ll be delisted. But has shown something last couple of weeks. And we need players with his pace and running ability. Just needs to work on composure. Might be worth persisting with.

Baker has something that we need. He has some tricks, did a few nice spins out of trouble then fluffed the kick (smothered), takes the play on and backs himself. Knows where the goals are.

I have zero faith in us developing a player like this, unfortunately. Look at what the Tiges developed Shai Bolton and Shane Edwards into. Flaky half forward types that have become very dynamic midfielders who take ground and open up play with really creative ball use by hand and foot.

We desperately need someone like Baker to develop into a B-B+ creative type around the flanks and wings.

G'day all. Good win. Really hope you guys make it.

Just wanted to pop it and tell you guys to brace yourselves. We copped it with dickgate with chol and the boys and it looks like tomorrow morning you guys will be getting fingergate with hunt and Pertracca.

I wont link it here as it may be offensive but its all over twitter.

If a mod finds this post not appropriate, just delete it. Just wanted to give your supporters the heads up because the over reaction we copped was way over the top.
What was it a finger in the bum? I see it's on the Age website now.

This will be right in Topkent s wheelhouse of tricks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back