Review Dees v the Despicable Carlton Cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we shut down most of Carltons game (McKay got the better of Tommo) but my god the skills and decision making going forward are just so poor. McVee and Bowey both awesome and it's a shame Bowey was concussed, was playing well and we need these types going up a level or two. Pretty hard to assess Smiths game due to the delivery, but he needs to find a way to get more involved. JvR did despite getting about 1 kick to advantage all game.

Not hugely different to last week though overall, Carlton were abysmal.

3 months each it is

Myself and TK are always right, I dont know what satisfaction there is in this for me. You'd only being doing what you should be doing

We look so confused going inside 50. There has been a fair bit of changes, really hope we can get some consistency in the back half of the season.

Really should of scored a lot more with 20 more inside 50s. They gave us some very easy possessions with some diabolical turnovers and we had way more of the ball, but wasted so many chances.

If they were less s**t those wasted opportunities would equal scores against and the momentum would get the better of us.

Happy we won contested possessions by 30 and only down 1 centre clearance. Do this + score more efficiently and we are back on track.

No way this happens against Pies though. Moore will be BOG by a country mile.

Blues were s**t .
Our defence looked ok .
Some of our players kicking skills are just so frustrating to watch.
Always happy to beat those pricks .
Hard game to watch tbo .

That was crap, but liked how we at least looked to move the ball more quickly. Still s**t but you can build off tonight, last week was puss.

Defence looks way better with another tall, despite Tomlinson being average.

Similarly, Forward line functioned better with Smith- despite doing minimal at least he didn't get in JVRs way like Tmac.

Petracca is having a great year.

McVee was unreal.

Overall, not heaps to like, but alot less to hate than last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith competed well early in a "well we have nobody else and at least he's cracking in" kind of way. He then disappeared at half time. I guess we could write it off as him needing time to adjust at this level, but that's just the next step in the Smith Boom/Bust cycle.

Spends months in rehab > Switches ends > KPP gets injured > Smith dominates at VFL level > Smith comes in > Shows some ticker but needs a week to acclimatise > Plays a howler > Gets injured, but would have been dropped anyway > Spends months in rehab > Switches ends ...

If Brown is so cooked 2 months post injury that even Goody won't play him, and TMac is having "soreness" surgery (and sucks), then there's probably nobody else bar Smith and Schache until Petty returns. May as well pick one of them and hope they find form.

Also, we were s**t, but some young men stepped up big time in defence.

Rivers, McVee and Bowey all shone and showed there is life after Hibberd and Lever.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be life after May just yet. Tommo is a write off, Smith can't defend, Adams is a beanpole and hasn't overly impressed VFL watchers. We need to get someone in there, regardless of whether Petty plays in defence, at the end of the season.

Also, we were s**t, but some young men stepped up big time in defence.

Rivers, McVee and Bowey all shone and showed there is life after Hibberd and Lever.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be life after May just yet. Tommo is a write off, Smith can't defend, Adams is a beanpole and hasn't overly impressed VFL watchers. We need to get someone in there, regardless of whether Petty plays in defence, at the end of the season.
Which one of rivers McVee and bowey plays Instead of lever mate.

Lever may look like he’s 39 but he’s only just turned 27 so should be around for a while yet.

Agree those three younger blokes all had solid games with a lot more good than bad.

Smith competed well early in a "well we have nobody else and at least he's cracking in" kind of way. He then disappeared at half time. I guess we could write it off as him needing time to adjust at this level, but that's just the next step in the Smith Boom/Bust cycle.

Spends months in rehab > Switches ends > KPP gets injured > Smith dominates at VFL level > Smith comes in > Shows some ticker but needs a week to acclimatise > Plays a howler > Gets injured, but would have been dropped anyway > Spends months in rehab > Switches ends ...

If Brown is so cooked 2 months post injury that even Goody won't play him, and TMac is having "soreness" surgery (and sucks), then there's probably nobody else bar Smith and Schache until Petty returns. May as well pick one of them and hope they find form.
I'll judge Smith or any of our forwards when the ball is delivered to them properly

Which one of rivers McVee and bowey plays Instead of lever mate.
All three are intercepting exceptionally. Obviously none are a like for like match, but having three interceptors down there is better than what most teams have. Lever still has 5-6 years in him, so no real issue, but nice to know we won't return to the days of Frawley and Garland spoilng eachother at every opportunity. Or rotating between Nicho and Carroll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back