Review Dees v the Dogs and their forest of tall timber: the Good, Bad and Ugle

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers greetings. Plese share your thoughts after the game. Tall Timber notwistanding, Dees by 10 points. I would love to see Tomlinson regain some touch

Ah s**t Biff is tipping us.
Simpsons Apocalypse GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought we played pretty meh honestly, lots of players with plenty more to offer. 4 our best missing. Good times.

Would hate to be a Dogs fan after that. Miles off the pace. Bottom 8 side.

Thought we played pretty meh honestly, lots of players with plenty more to offer. 4 our best missing. Good times.

Would hate to be a Dogs fan after that. Miles off the pace. Bottom 8 side.
Was way better than most of our wins last year.

Really like McVee, would like to see what he could do in another role up the ground a bit further if we cant fit him in defense. Harmes and Sparrow need to pul their fingers out

Given the outs, it was a solid first up win. Round 1 can dish up some odd results as teams blow out the cobwebs but we were pretty clean.

Grundy looked comfortable in the red and blue. I forgot how composed he was in traffic and his field kicking quality.

KP to get at least a week sucks.

I think Grundy will develop in the way he interacts with the team. He has been overthinking a few plays but he has shown super awerness so I am really happy. Him and Gawn really looks like being fire this year.

I prefer that Brayshaw is in a position to read the game and make decisions (I think he is elite at this). I don't like him being used as a conduit for breaking out of defence or starting an offensive movement though as his kicking is not up too it I feel.

Chandler had a great game.
Brown was solid.
Spargo was great.

Pickett was just amazing yet had a brain fade and will get a week or two.

I did not mind McDonald, ANB, Rivers and SparrowI thought they played good roles.

When needed Oliver Petracca and Gawn just put there hands up.

Laurie was a bit invisible (hence the sub).

If May is fit then Tomlinson will be a bit stiff as I felt he had a very good game.

Overall I was very happy each time the dogs asked the question and Melbourne responded plus the players dis some really high IQ stuff on the field (Harmes kicking the ball on the ground back to Petracca)

Gawn, Lever, Petracca, Kosi, Spargo and Brown were great.

Grundy had an average game individually but the impact he had on Gawn's game was immense. Max was absolutely everywhere on the ground.

We're going to miss Kozi for a few weeks. Incredibly dumb hit from him.

We definitely need May back.

Was way better than most of our wins last year.

Not disputing that. Just think we have more to offer from some players. Dogs rolled over. Like you said, we killed them in red time and out worked them in the second half. Way fitter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back