Review Dees v the Dogs - End of Days indeed: the Good and Bad, Fugly and Calamitous

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: wiping that s**t eating grin off Brad Johnson’s melon in the fox post game coverage.

Good: wiping that sh*t eating grin off Brad Johnson’s melon in the fox post game coverage.

Love how he was there at the start of fox's post game but then left for reasons unknown.

Legendary effort lads - that last 10 mins of the 3rd quarter was one of the best midfield displays you'll ever see, brutal speed and elite skills.
... Correct me if I'm wrong, pretty sure that was the biggest turnaround ever in an AFL game?? (19 down in the 3rd, won by 74 - 93 point swing)

Legendary effort lads - that last 10 mins of the 3rd quarter was one of the best midfield displays you'll ever see, brutal speed and elite skills.
... Correct me if I'm wrong, pretty sure that was the biggest turnaround ever in an AFL game?? (19 down in the 3rd, won by 74 - 93 point swing)
Not sure about biggest ever, maybe from that pt of the game though. Port this year had a 120 odd pt turnaround against Carlton, down by 20 odd in the 2nd quarter, won by 95 or something. 20 odd straight goals!

Said a couple of times I wasn’t concerned at all about the bye from our POV, glad to be proven correct. If anything I felt it hurt the Dogs momentum. We had training equivalent to a game in intensity in the weekend off, they spent the two weeks licking their wounds and taking it easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, haven't got stuck into the Bulldogs too much as their fans have (mostly) been fairly good since the game.

The chances of my humility lasting the next 12 months are microscopic, however.

Also, speaking of humility (lol). For all the wank about Geelol's 'era of dominance', we've won as many flags as they have in the past decade (and didn't need to lose 5 prelims to do it), and four more overall. Minnows.

Gerard just gave Treloar a vote in his 321. ‘I’m not sure how he stacks up against Oliver or Salem but I think he deserves it.’ 😂
we’re a family on fox footy.
I mean, his complete refusal to chase our players as they waltzed out of the middle was pretty influential.

Also, speaking of humility (lol). For all the wank about Geelol's 'era of dominance', we've won as many flags as they have in the past decade (and didn't need to lose 5 prelims to do it), and four more overall. Minnows.
‘The Narrative’

Said it before the Granny and feel even more vindicated. I reckon you could drop Brown, May and Gawn from our starting side and it wouldn't matter if Oliver and Petracca decide to dominate.

When they are in full flight attacking hard they are unstoppable and completely dictate the game.

Said it before the Granny and feel even more vindicated. I reckon you could drop Brown, May and Gawn from our starting side and it wouldn't matter if Oliver and Petracca decide to dominate.

When they are in full flight attacking hard they are unstoppable and completely dictate the game.

Bloody incredible players mate.

How lucky are we - two tall mids with power/speed combo, exceptional hand eye and the ability to pull off the incredibly difficult by foot.

Clarry has been inconsistent by foot (Trac too at times), but there's no doubt he can hit some brilliant kicks when on.

How lucky are we - two tall mids with power/speed combo, exceptional hand eye and the ability to pull off the incredibly difficult by foot.

Clarry has been inconsistent by foot (Trac too at times), but there's no doubt he can hit some brilliant kicks when on.
Oliver went from playing like Priddis to playing like Judd, Trac went from Adelaide Danger to Dusty.

Obviously they need a team willing to defend and keep teams to low scores but they way those 2 have started running with power is what I dreamed they could be but never thought I'd see.

Actually feeling better about the win today, been walking taller all day, Saturday night was just a blur of emotion, especially with the momentum shift, but now it feels like it’s actually set in that we’ve won a bloody flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back