Review Dees v the Dogs - End of Days indeed: the Good and Bad, Fugly and Calamitous

Remove this Banner Ad

Big decisions to be made by our club.
Just heard King and Russell talk about our trade choices.
Do we go all in and top up or do we have to protect our long term future especially when Tassie comes in and draft picks will fall down a few rungs in quality?
Wrong thread or wrong account? :think:

fu**, that pass from Sparrow to Slick for our second goal was underrated. Bang on from 45 near the boundary, could have been left to go through for the goal. Looked like Sparrow told him that too.

Small sample size but Sparrow seems to have a beautiful kick. I trust him with taking a shot at goal, that Fritta one would have been a goal and the one in the third was clutch as.

Which one of you is this precious soul

To think there were another two coming straight after that, unbelievable.

Small sample size but Sparrow seems to have a beautiful kick. I trust him with taking a shot at goal, that Fritta one would have been a goal and the one in the third was clutch as.

To think there were another two coming straight after that, unbelievable.
I owe sparrow an apology.

Went way too early on him being a battler.

Bloke is a mini Joel selwood.

6.08 is absolute gold from Gussy!
Watching Hodge’s reactions to Gus’ words is so vivid, you can tell how acutely he recognises everything that Gus is experiencing. Was at the exact same stage of his career when he won his first flag (seventh year)

I keep watching the bit with 1.30 left on the clock in the third and Salem with the ball at half back and can’t comprehend how we could possibly kick 3 goals before the quarter ends, madness.
I’ve taken to calling it the Golden Minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The midfield especially, look no further than that epic end to third quarter, bulldogs players doing exactly what we used to do, all of them kick chasing getting sucked into the contest, not doing the team thing and trusting their teammate, allowing us to have players bursting clear in dangerous space.

I dont think Cornes and Lloyd were wrong tho, all good points about why we had failed to meet expectations up until this year.

Finals absolutely were a must for us this year, I think taking stock of the preseason games is always dumb though. I'm a negative campaigner but had no issue at all when the dogs pumped us in preseason, the games mean nothing.

Finals absolutely were a must for us this year, I think taking stock of the preseason games is always dumb though. I'm a negative campaigner but had no issue at all when the dogs pumped us in preseason, the games mean nothing.

Slow news week I dare say so they had to make a headline from some preseason footage, the basis of their point was that the excuses had run dry and it was put up or shut up time, us winning a flag from ninth shows that they were spot on and we had been underperforming given the talent on our list.

Slow news week I dare say so they had to make a headline from some preseason footage, the basis of their point was that the excuses had run dry and it was put up or shut up time, us winning a flag from ninth shows that they were spot on and we had been underperforming given the talent on our list.

Don't disagree that the excuses had run dry, I actually give Goody credit that he put finishing top 4 on the agenda though. Would be easy to say we just want to play finals like any team but he specifically said we were expecting top 4.

Don't disagree that the excuses had run dry, I actually give Goody credit that he put finishing top 4 on the agenda though. Would be easy to say we just want to play finals like any team but he specifically said we were expecting top 4.

absolutely, Goody was going down swinging either way, was very ballsy, credit to him.

Peter Schwab one of the last guys I remember doing that as coach for Hawthorn and it backfired massively, was sacked at the end of the year .

I'm just so ******* proud of the year in general but especially how much we fought back in games to win. Frequently (Especially early in the year) we were down in games in the 2nd or 3rd quarter then clawed our way back. Games that come to mind:

- fighting out an absolute stinker against the Hawks to blow them away late
- playing like absolute dogshit against North, Petracca/Oliver/Gawn all down and we get up to win in Tassie. I don't care how bad North are they are never easy to beat down there
- fighting out a really tough win against the Swans, dare I say probably the toughest game we played all year in terms of the contested ball
- down 20pt against the Lions lucky not to be further down then completely blitzing them in the 2nd half
- the obvious in round 23
- the obvious halfway through the 3rd in the GF

For years I've looked at teams like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney and Richmond always being jealous of the fact you can never write them off during a game. We still need to win a couple flags to match them in that department, but in terms of how hard we are to put away we are definitely up there.

I'm just so ******* proud of the year in general but especially how much we fought back in games to win. Frequently (Especially early in the year) we were down in games in the 2nd or 3rd quarter then clawed our way back. Games that come to mind:

- fighting out an absolute stinker against the Hawks to blow them away late
- playing like absolute dogshit against North, Petracca/Oliver/Gawn all down and we get up to win in Tassie. I don't care how bad North are they are never easy to beat down there
- fighting out a really tough win against the Swans, dare I say probably the toughest game we played all year in terms of the contested ball
- down 20pt against the Lions lucky not to be further down then completely blitzing them in the 2nd half
- the obvious in round 23
- the obvious halfway through the 3rd in the GF

For years I've looked at teams like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney and Richmond always being jealous of the fact you can never write them off during a game. We still need to win a couple flags to match them in that department, but in terms of how hard we are to put away we are definitely up there.

Spot on!!! So much this.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

absolutely, Goody was going down swinging either way, was very ballsy, credit to him.

Peter Schwab one of the last guys I remember doing that as coach for Hawthorn and it backfired massively, was sacked at the end of the year .

Not sure if you read the article the Age did about Goody recently but it was a great insight from Caro. Poor campaigner apparently nearly had a panic attack during a members forum late last year, the stress on him was insane in 2019 and 2020 (Divorce wouldn't have helped either). Kinda felt awful after being so critical of him in previous years when I read it tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back