Review Dees v the Giants of West Sydney: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Friends, two names come to mind when one thinks of GWS:

Judas Scully
Hoges.

I will never ever ever ever ever forgive the former for his treachery and mercenary ways. There is surely a wider story to be told re his exit from the Orks. Perhaps peace comes to him when he shares fish and chips with his old man Phil. How different things could have been.

Part of me will always love Hoges, even if at times he was his own worst enemy. Anyone who smuggles a lively lass into the Locked-Down Freo Fortress has my full support.

GWS by 18 points. Hoges to kick 6.

Last edited:

The Good
Everything wearing red and blue

The Bad
GWS #42’s haircut

The Ugly
Not winning by 100.

Thaf was invariably a great performance from the boys. Kozzie back to his invariable best, Sparrow with some invariable efforts.

May was invariably best on ground, I'm so glad we have him. SGTR invariably coming into some form. Spargo doing his invariable things inside 50.

Overall, an invariable effort from the team with few negatives. I think invariably that Tmac goes out for Brown and Hunt is still invariably s**t.

Invariably

Very even team performance. No passengers, some good stuff from perennial whipping boys Hunt and Weid too! Exceptionally straight goalkicking! What a night!

I don't smoke but god I wonder what a Cuban would taste like

Montecristo-Linea-1935-Dumas-Malt%C3%A9s-Cigars.jpg

Thaf was invariably a great performance from the boys. Kozzie back to his invariable best, Sparrow with some invariable efforts.

May was invariably best on ground, I'm so glad we have him. SGTR invariably coming into some form. Spargo doing his invariable things inside 50.

Overall, an invariable effort from the team with few negatives. I think invariably that Tmac goes out for Brown and Hunt is still invariably s**t.

Invariably

Tom Swallow you mean.

What a dominant performance, same as last week, but the more free flowing nature allowed the margin to become what it was.

Not much to say, we’re just an incredibly good football side on every line and it’s a joy to be watching it, * yeah.

Ugly: Jesse Hogan.

Honestly, who beats this team? A lull will inevitably come, but we're nearly impossible to score against, and can blow teams away in 10 minutes of football.

God it's disappointing watching Jesse though. Will always have a soft spot for him, but it's the same old whinging at umpires, playing for frees, not chasing and blasting team mates if he doesn't get it lace out. All that, but without the same spark he had as a young player. Unfortunate, because he could've been a star

God it's disappointing watching Jesse though. Will always have a soft spot for him, but it's the same old whinging at umpires, playing for frees, not chasing and blasting team mates if he doesn't get it lace out. All that, but without the same spark he had as a young player. Unfortunate, because he could've been a star
Needs a run in the ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another good that I just thought of. It was a slow day for me so I spent lots of it watching the footy. Enjoyed the crows tigers thing and all. Doing three matches end-to-end made me realise that tonight’s match standard was just a level above. Really good stuff. I will watch the replay tomorrow and hope we can keep it up.

Good - I think we can still get even better and have more gears to change up to.
Bad - Weid and Tmac need to stamp themselves on a game and cement a spot
Ugly - the amount of money being wasted at GWS on some of their players.
GWS are weird. I can’t make them out at all.

On a serious good someone on here noted that none of Koz, Nib or Spargo had really fired this year yet. Was a great little bit of analysis and kudos to whoever that was.

Well they bloody well fired tonight and look at the outcome. When everything is on that level it’s going to take something pretty special to stop us.

On a serious good someone on here noted that none of Koz, Nib or Spargo had really fired this year yet. Was a great little bit of analysis and kudos to whoever that was.

Well they bloody well fired tonight and look at the outcome. When everything is on that level it’s going to take something pretty special to stop us.
I was one getting concerned about their lack of scoring input but they all worked well tonight and it was back to last season's form.

Was me mate, wouldn't call stating facts analysis but thanks.

Good: Such an even across the board exemplary effort.
Bad: Some day Bowser will play in a losing game.
Ugly: The “these two vegetables will kill body fat” ads that keep appearing on my Big Footy.

Was me mate, wouldn't call stating facts analysis but thanks.
Yes but putting facts together into a logical narrative is better than 80% of AFL media so I’ll give you credit 😝

Remove this Banner Ad

Back