Review Dees v the GWS Giants - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I hope to be proven wrong, but I think Oliver is always going to be a lousy kick.
Weird part is in the draft combine, he had a perfect score from the kicking drills. His action somehow looks clumsy but he can kick a bit. On the limited occasions a few years back when he had a shot at goal he was decently reliable. He’s not suddenly turning into Riewoldt but he can be better than this weekend. TK is probably right about a lot of this being mental

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Don't agree with that, not sure his body language indicates that kind of attitude?

Sure he throws his arms up when being held but he still had a crack up forward the rest of the game.

I'm not talking mid game I'm talking post game, probably really feels like he didn't contribute and carries it so the captain is boosting him up.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
* GWS. Soulless unlikeable club with no history, rubbish colours and a garbage captain. Talent to burn but focus on off-the-ball hits instead.
So nice seeing you pricks sitting on the bench in your injury vests, holding back the tears while Kozzie Pickett and the mighty Demons stomped all over s**t club in our nation's capital. Fantastic stuff!

Good
Salem has his first great game for an eon and he comes out a week later looking like some K-mart rap star. Hoping he stars again soon and levels up with diamonds for teeth, gold chains, Sandringham postcode tattooed on his forehead etc.
Some absolutely ripper shanks.
Enjoyed Jackson's and Nibbler's games (ANB's first quarter especially). Nice of Viney to switch on after some lazy efforts at the start.
Headbands!
Waking up with massive hangover knowing I get to watch Melbourne Dees take out the trash while drinking some VINTAGE 2018 bathwater from the top shelf. Flag incoming, gonna be a season to remember!

Bad
Leon Cameron's a dickhead.
Tom MacDonald. One s**t half after 2 good weeks and he comes out looking like a sulking child.
When our defence fails the opposition get really easy shots at goal.
We get easy shots at goal and piss them up the ******* wall.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
fu** GWS. Soulless unlikeable club with no history, rubbish colours and a garbage captain. Talent to burn but focus on off-the-ball hits instead.
So nice seeing you pricks sitting on the bench in your injury vests, holding back the tears while Kozzie Pickett and the mighty Demons stomped all over sh*t club in our nation's capital. Fantastic stuff!

Good
Salem has his first great game for an eon and he comes out a week later looking like some K-mart rap star. Hoping he stars again soon and levels up with diamonds for teeth, gold chains, Sandringham postcode tattooed on his forehead etc.
Some absolutely ripper shanks.
Enjoyed Jackson's and Nibbler's games (ANB's first quarter especially). Nice of Viney to switch on after some lazy efforts at the start.
Headbands!
Waking up with massive hangover knowing I get to watch Melbourne Dees take out the trash while drinking some VINTAGE 2018 bathwater from the top shelf. Flag incoming, gonna be a season to remember!

Bad
Leon Cameron's a dickhead.
Tom MacDonald. One sh*t half after 2 good weeks and he comes out looking like a sulking child.
When our defence fails the opposition get really easy shots at goal.
We get easy shots at goal and piss them up the ******* wall.

You had me at “fu** GWS” mate.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:

Gawn cashing in against a garbage ruckman - finally.

Viney stepped up with Clarry getting tagged

Jackson was fantastic. Barely wastes a possession, really impressive for a 2nd year tall.

ANB, Spargo, Pickett bringing forward pressure week after week.

Everything Pickett touching turning to gold

Lever was excellent despite a few errors, his composure down back and ability to dance through traffic and disribute by foot was/is amazing for a tall.

Thought Rivers was super impressive.

Hunt using his pace offensively and being strong defensively.

Salem putting up 2 excellent games in a row.

Bad:

Oliver's set shot routine. Awful.

Jetta panicking on the last line of defence.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Good:

Thought Rivers was super impressive.
Forgot to mention Rivers. How impressive does he look! 100% disposal efficiency! 85% for the season. He takes some risky kicks too and provides run and carry. We got a beauty here.

Love Jacksons one percenters too. Not getting a lot of it currently, but all his stats are trending upwards and his ability to ruck and allow Gawn to move forward or back is a massive asset. One i didn't think would happen for another year or two. Will be crucial against Cats who rely on intercept marking in D50. Gawn can play forward for a chunk of the game and bring the ball to ground at the very least and put them under pressure. Goodwin better not go defensive and put Gawn behind the ball, unless we're under the pump early.

Rivers and Jackson not getting enough love in this thread, they were really good, Rivers was very sound defensively in the first half and going at 100% is very impressive. Jackson held his own at ruck contests allowing Gawn to go forward and back. Jackson also took a few great marks and then got involved in the chain that followed.

Rivers and Jackson not getting enough love in this thread, they were really good, Rivers was very sound defensively in the first half and going at 100% is very impressive. Jackson held his own at ruck contests allowing Gawn to go forward and back. Jackson also took a few great marks and then got involved in the chain that followed.
Agreed. Jackson was very good I thought, he's smart as a ruck and had some very good touches. Nice to see him slot one too.
Rivers I didn't notice as much at the ground but seemed clean whenever he had it and did well defensively. Not afraid to sit under a high ball either.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Agreed. Jackson was very good I thought, he's smart as a ruck and had some very good touches. Nice to see him slot one too.
Rivers I didn't notice as much at the ground but seemed clean whenever he had it and did well defensively. Not afraid to sit under a high ball either.
I think that is one of the impressive things about this trio, they are all tough young kids. Not just making up the numbers either, they are all contributing to the team and playing important roles for us. Huge draft for us..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back