Review Dees v the Purple Haze: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing overly fugly about the performance except perhaps some horrible kicking for goal and concerns that Hunt seems to have lost his pace.

The good, and it was a big good, was that there were very few long bombs inside 50, with most players lowering the eyes and looking for the short, open option. Spargo was particularly good at this. If we continue with that kind of forward entry Ben Brown will do extra well when he returns, but every forward will benefit greatly.

Nothing overly fugly about the performance except perhaps some horrible kicking for goal and concerns that Hunt seems to have lost his pace.

The good, and it was a big good, was that there were very few long bombs inside 50, with most players lowering the eyes and looking for the short, open option. Spargo was particularly good at this. If we continue with that kind of forward entry Ben Brown will do extra well when he returns, but every forward will benefit greatly.
Spargo is an intelligent player. I’m really warming to him

Spargo is an intelligent player. I’m really warming to him
Yep. Watch the way he runs to space away from goal before Kozzie's 1st quarter goal. He sees Jones is going to win the footy and knows that the best option is to handle backwards away from goal so runs hard to be that option. Then the chip inside 50 is really well executed for Pickett to mark.
He reminds me a bit of Blair from Collingwood. I used to hate seeing him get the ball deep inside 50 because he was so good at turning and finding someone free

Yep. Watch the way he runs to space away from goal before Kozzie's 1st quarter goal. He sees Jones is going to win the footy and knows that the best option is to handle backwards away from goal so runs hard to be that option. Then the chip inside 50 is really well executed for Pickett to mark.
He reminds me a bit of Blair from Collingwood. I used to hate seeing him get the ball deep inside 50 because he was so good at turning and finding someone free
Blairy was the best junior footballer I ever saw/played with. His football intelligence was on another level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back