Review Dees v the Purple Shockers: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on what?
On Fritta:

I needed a leaky tap fixed, so I called some company from the yellowpages. They send this dude over who says to me: "I see you love the Dees!" which was a very astute observation, given there's absolutely no Melbourne Demons merchandise in my house; musta noticed the upside down "PREMIERS" sticker on the boot of the Toyota?

Anyway I look over from the home office and he proceeds to earbash me about growing up in Coldstream for a solid ten minutes before regaling me with a wondrous account of watching Bailey kick buckets of goals from all over the field every week. I'm like; "campaigner, am I paying you by the hour?" And he's like "I knew he was gonna be a star!!!"

Charges me $270 and about 24 hours later I'm on the phone to the company again because the tap was ****ed.

On Fritta:

I needed a leaky tap fixed, so I called some company from the yellowpages. They send this dude over who says to me: "I see you love the Dees!" which was a very astute observation, given there's absolutely no Melbourne Demons merchandise in my house; musta noticed the upside down "PREMIERS" sticker on the boot of the Toyota?

Anyway I look over from the home office and he proceeds to earbash me about growing up in Coldstream for a solid ten minutes before regaling me with a wondrous account of watching Bailey kick buckets of goals from all over the field every week. I'm like; "campaigner, am I paying you by the hour?" And he's like "I knew he was gonna be a star!!!"

Charges me $270 and about 24 hours later I'm on the phone to the company again because the tap was ****ed.
Sounds like you really needed a TAP RUCKMAN! 👀

Sounds like you really needed a TAP RUCKMAN! 👀
Fritta's plumber mate literally charged me $270 to hear him talk about Fritta and he forgot to fix the goddamn ******* tap, I'm still pissed off about it.

The second plumber didn't arrive until a week later.

On Fritta:

If it's any consolation, you were always going to pay those $270, mind-numbing Dees chat or not. Tradies always get their cash.

Pretty obvious now this will be another wasted season. It's not just that we're struggling against top 8 teams, we're also really struggling against the 9-12 teams - Freo, Essendon - and lucky to beat Richmond and Gold Coast.

Our best is capable to winning flags, it's been proven. But our best is sometimes only on display for about 15 minutes a game.

I don't even feel confident against the lowly Carlton at this point. Collingwood will be a definite loss and Geelong (despite their own poor form) will likely beat down there unless we can turn things around pretty soon.

We're looking a risk of dropping out of the 8, which as bad as it will be might be a blessing in disguise if it wakes our admin up to our definite return to pre-2021 mediocrity.

Pretty obvious now this will be another wasted season. It's not just that we're struggling against top 8 teams, we're also really struggling against the 9-12 teams - Freo, Essendon - and lucky to beat Richmond and Gold Coast.
Freo the Bummers and GC Suns are all improving lately.
GC Suns are really testing nearly all teams.

I noticed how much bigger and stronger they GCS) have become, brushing off tackles and being more direct with the ball. Almost the opposite of what we're doing of late.
Our best is capable to winning flags, it's been proven. But our best is sometimes only on display for about 15 minutes a game.

I don't even feel confident against the lowly Carlton at this point. Collingwood will be a definite loss and Geelong (despite their own poor form) will likely beat down there unless we can turn things around pretty soon.
I agree to this point of 2023. What seems to me, is our lack of passion and excitement. The driver of energy and effort and selflessness.
There is an air of complacency and of safety, to protect something??? protect what...
Do we need to be losers again, to remember the hunger to 'Want to WIN', again.?
We're looking a risk of dropping out of the 8,
Its could be on the cards, the way we are playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back