Review Dees v the Purply Haze - the Good, Bad and Up the Clacker

Remove this Banner Ad

localfootyman_7

Senior List
May 12, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Year after year we assemble a list of players who are incapable of playing at VAFA level at the slightest hint of rain, wind or humidity.

Dead set if someone recorded a fumbles stat we would have more than the rest of the league combined.
Hibbo fumble goal gawn fumble goal. The mids fumble every week.

this club is the worst thing to ever happen to me
It’s always comforting to know that heart attack, stroke and cancer are always lurking around the corne.

Things are coming up Milhouse!

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In all seriousness what do we do? We can't get rid of Goodwin but can we get good coaches around me I'm not talking about proven hacks like Richo. Do we trade some of our so called talented players to get back into the draft. The last two years we've played about 6 weeks of good footy. Changes need to be made.

Freo have some seriously good young talented players lead by superstars like fyfe and walters.

There is no way Goody survives this. I'm 100% confident he's gone.

Hard to see any positives right now but I think that loss was honestly a blessing. Like I said in the run home thread , limping into the finals only buys Goodwin time and wastes more years under him.

Here's to a new beginning.

Roos or Clarkson with Ross Lyon one rung below them.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is no way Goody survives this. I'm 100% confident he's gone.

Hard to see any positives right now but I think that loss was honestly a blessing. Like I said in the run home thread , limping into the finals only buys Goodwin time and wastes more years under him.

Here's to a new beginning.

Roos or Clarkson with Ross Lyon one rung below them.
I feel Clarkson is gettable, I assume you can back end coaching contracts? get it done Pert or get out as well.

I feel Clarkson is gettable, I assume you can back end coaching contracts? get it done Pert or get out as well.

* Pert mate, he's the reason we are in this mess to begin with. He should be fired before the coach.

Just rubbish.

No maturity, wracked with indecisiveness, clearly the message isn't working as much as the players and Goody get along.

The worst part was it just looked like we were too scared to have a crack.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
This was like watching a dead rubber. And one team wanted it more than the other. All credit goes to Freo and they played the match with the type of vigour and effort I wanted us to play with. They played good honest footy in those conditions and we never looked likely. No one from our side, bar maybe Petracca and a couple of others, seemed to really care that finals were on the line.

Shisen housen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also Gawn really does get around just staring into space and going into his shell at times like this, seems to think captaincy is about having teammates protect him from the opposition, I don't recall seeing him getting into any teammates ears and geeing them up or anything close to it all match.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just rubbish.

No maturity, wracked with indecisiveness, clearly the message isn't working as much as the players and Goody get along.

The worst part was it just looked like we were too scared to have a crack.
Scared to have a crack until the last 10mins! I mean WTAF?? When the game was gone we look like having a crack? Unforgivable by our coaches and leaders.

After that epic press conference "ruthlessness" was a must add to the ever growing signature of Goody memes.

Such a shame you won't be round much longer to add anymore to it mate. A damn fine shame.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
For anyone who wants a bit of a giggle it's the 1 year anniversary of spud passing away

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:
We may be one step closer to sacking Goodwin. We’ll probably hire a Neeld clone in his stead but regardless, it’s time.

Bad:
I don’t think we’re maximising him but would there be a ‘marquee’ defender that lets the ball get goalside as often as Lever? Knee injury and conditions notwithstanding he’s been underwhelming to say the least.

Up the clacker:
Not even really feeling the anger anymore. We’re just s**t and will continue to be so until there’s some kind of shake up. At this stage Freo and Sydney will cruise past us next season. Carlton are improving. I don’t see any of the teams above us falling away drastically and even Essendon, North and Hawthorn have had significant injuries. If nothing changes, we probably have Adelaide covered in 2021 and that’s about it.

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When your teams highlight for the game is a Viney knee to the face you know you're struggling.

In the interest of full disclosure I declare the only reason I’m here reading this thread is pure schadenfreude.
I honestly don’t usually read other boards and never have I ever posted but here I am. I was compelled to log in and tell you Crimson, without the slightest bit of sarcasm or malice that that is the funniest thing I have read for a very, very long time!
I know what you all quite rightly are going to say so I will now F#*k off and never return. 😂😂😂😂

I mean, what can you say that hasn't been said 1000 times before? A gutless and soft as butter performance, to cap off another miserable and wasted season, delivered by a mentally fragile playing group, and coached by a coaching group who clearly have no ******* idea what they're doing.

We select a quicker team this week, and yet play with no run and flair until the last quarter, when we finally realise (AGAIN, LIKE LAST WEEK) that it might be a good idea to take the game on.

We allow Freo to play exactly how they want to for AN ENTIRE HALF OF FOOTBALL, before realising that it might be a good idea to shut down the uncontested marks.

The thing is - none of this surprises me any more. We are a dumb football club.

The playing group might love Goody, but they're certainly not playing for him. He has to go. This can't go on for another season.

The club is also in desperate need of on-field leadership. I don't see this from Gawn. I see it from May, and precious few others.

Anyway, that's about it. Tonight was yet another typical Melbourne way to piss away another season. Same old s**t, served up the same old way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back