Review Dees v the Purply Haze - the Good, Bad and Up the Clacker

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to the new decade of disgrace book Supermercado Chalmers . Put me down for a first edition collectible 👍

Without knowing what sort of putrid pus we'll serve up next year (though I can guess), the 2017-2021 story is shaping up nicely.

In all seriousness what do we do? We can't get rid of Goodwin but can we get good coaches around me I'm not talking about proven hacks like Richo. Do we trade some of our so called talented players to get back into the draft. The last two years we've played about 6 weeks of good footy. Changes need to be made.

Freo have some seriously good young talented players lead by superstars like fyfe and walters.
We’ve got to find a way to sack Goodwin mate. It’s just that simple. There has to be something performance based within his contract that surely gives us some wriggle room. He simply has lost the group to use a cliche. We were absolutely smashed in the wet last night. That’s a 6 goal loss in good conditions. Fremantle just use the ball well and use the ground well.

Goodwin needs to do us all a favour and resign. Accept a payout and we need to use the time now to bring in a new coach to turn the list over with a plan to start being competitive. Four years, one finals appearance. Says it all.

Surprised I woke up still annoyed at last nights result, we were always a strong chance to botch another finals opportunity, but it still hurts

My gf is probably counting down the days till the season is over, I think she realises how much supporting this club gets me down.

Last year 3 under Goodwin have been mentally taxing to say the least, we just need someone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone mention how hard we are working? It's incredible!
It’s the greatest crock of s**t that comes out of this club and that’s saying a lot.

The way our players ‘tackle’ is a disgrace. Hibberd can cop a bollocking for missing the ground ball last night that resulted in the Walters goal but he wouldn’t have had to try and get it if the Freo lad at 70m out didn’t just walk through 2 or 3 Dees including Clarence Oliver’s tackling attempt which was a bit like a one-armed T-Rex at the Provincial.

Cerra looks a terrific young player and is a good size for his age but I refuse to believe he is presently stronger than Christian ‘I can deadlift 200kg’ Petracca. Cerra walked through his tackling attempt in the 2nd like it was nothing.

Tom Hawkins is currently the best forward in the game. Most contested marks, most goals - he is currently 3rd for tackles inside 50. Why do our players think they can get away with a poor work rate? Who the * do they think they are?

Last edited:
Good:
Nice to see David Mundy is playing; I thought he retired a decade ago. 35 years old, tore us a new one. Inspiring stuff.
Vanders was nice.
Pickett giving me absolutely nothing to like and plenty to hate. Enjoyed Mr. Someone Nobody (pick 61) at Freo kicking an after-the-siren arsey goal off the deck. Take notes Kozziah you spud, that's what we're paying you to do. It's not like you're doing anything else.
Pruess' tackle was fantastic. Shame that's the only thing he did. Surprised Goody didn't try him in the ruck "just to get him involved".
Stevie May to FF, ripper, I'll never get sick of that! Why not just hold up a neon sign that says "Help Wanted- I'm out of ideas!" Simon.
Loved seeing Jesse Hogan again. Reports are he's happy to move out of WA. MAKE IT HAPPEN DEES!

Bad:
Really should have played Stevie May in the centre. In fact we should have played him in the ruck, that way we could have hidden the guy that usually plays ruck in the spot where we put Oscar McDonald after someone accidentally selects him for the team.

Awful:
Selections were s**t. How are you going to build that sweet sweet cOnNeCtIoN when you rotate 6 players a week. Selecting Bedford & Baker reeks of a match committee trying to figure out who they want to delist next year. Maybe figure that out when we don't have finals to play for you ******* gimps.
Enough of the rotating Hannan, ANB, Spargo, Hunt, Pickett, whoever else is small and doesn't fit anywhere else. Just hold a 100 metre egg and spoon race and whoever comes first wins the small forward position forever. Pick a name out of a hat IDGAF.
Gawn- SOFT.

Not much good there.

Good:
Nice to see David Mundy is playing; I thought he retired a decade ago. 35 years old, tore us a new one. Inspiring stuff.
Vanders was nice.
Pickett giving me absolutely nothing to like and plenty to hate. Enjoyed Mr. Someone Nobody (pick 61) at Freo kicking an after-the-siren arsey goal off the deck. Take notes Kozziah you spud, that's what we're paying you to do. It's not like you're doing anything else.
Pruess' tackle was fantastic. Shame that's the only thing he did. Surprised Goody didn't try him in the ruck "just to get him involved".
Stevie May to FF, ripper, I'll never get sick of that! Why not just hold up a neon sign that says "Help Wanted- I'm out of ideas!" Simon.
Loved seeing Jesse Hogan again. Reports are he's happy to move out of WA. MAKE IT HAPPEN DEES!

Bad:
Really should have played Stevie May in the centre. In fact we should have played him in the ruck, that way we could have hidden the guy that usually plays ruck in the spot where we put Oscar McDonald after someone accidentally selects him for the team.

Awful:
Selections were sh*t. How are you going to build that sweet sweet cOnNeCtIoN when you rotate 6 players a week. Selecting Bedford & Baker reeks of a match committee trying to figure out who they want to delist next year. Maybe figure that out when we don't have finals to play for you ******* gimps.
Enough of the rotating Hannan, ANB, Spargo, Hunt, Pickett, whoever else is small and doesn't fit anywhere else. Just hold a 100 metre egg and spoon race and whoever comes first wins the small forward position forever. Pick a name out of a hat IDGAF.
Gawn- SOFT.

Not much good there.

I like how you filled the "good" with any old stocking fillers you can find laying around the house. Bravo, Mr. Ass. 😂👍

I think the thing that pisses me off most with Pickett is the lack of effort or any sort of defensive pressure the past month.

All those saying he was going to be a gun really do need to stop drinking the kool-aid and look at the facts. Done absolutely jackshit for most of the year. Not even in the same realm of an Aaron Davey or heaven bid someone dares to mention Cyril Rioli.

Maybe it is the coach and you're right. But the highlights have been far too occasional to be 100% convinced it is. Too much lairising, not enough executing the basics.

I think the thing that pisses me off most with Pickett is the lack of effort or any sort of defensive pressure the past month.

All those saying he was going to be a gun really do need to stop drinking the kool-aid and look at the facts. Done absolutely jackshit for most of the year. Not even in the same realm of an Aaron Davey or heaven bid someone dares to mention Cyril Rioli.

Maybe it is the coach and you're right. But the highlights have been far too occasional to be 100% convinced it is. Too much lairising, not enough executing the basics.
I agree that he’s not a bone fide superstar. He definitely lacks composure.

However, I’ll cut him some slack as I’ve seen enough promising signs in his game for a first year player who is nominally our only ground level/pressure forward trying to make his way in one of the most dysfunctional forward of centre setups we’ve ever seen.

It doesn’t help him that lazy pricks like Melksham don’t set the tone with defensive efforts. It doesn’t help that our mids seem to either kick it on his head or to 1 on 5’s making it hard for him to get to work. It doesn’t help that our forwards don’t bring the ball to ground enough. It doesn’t help that our structures and on field leadership are so bereft he’s not being given adequate guidance and support to get into dangerous positions.

At the moment he's trying to play at 11 ... if we can get him down to about 9 or so and he gives himself more than .001 seconds before he throws it on his boot at goal, he'll see a lot more return.

We’ve got to find a way to sack Goodwin mate. It’s just that simple. There has to be something performance based within his contract that surely gives us some wriggle room. He simply has lost the group to use a cliche. We were absolutely smashed in the wet last night. That’s a 6 goal loss in good conditions. Fremantle just use the ball well and use the ground well.

Goodwin needs to do us all a favour and resign. Accept a payout and we need to use the time now to bring in a new coach to turn the list over with a plan to start being competitive. Four years, one finals appearance. Says it all.

Once again we were far to hasty in resigning him after the 2018 finals series I think. Sign of a club which hadnt made finals in 12 years, so the first coach who takes us to finals is considered a messiah. Locking Goodwin for 4 years was only sanctioning ourselves.

I agree, there's many variables that can be attributed to this side routinely under-performing, but the head coach is the absolutely glaring one. Get rid of him and take the financial hit, its better than wasting two more years, after which we will be replaced anyway.

Once again we were far to hasty in resigning him after the 2018 finals series I think. Sign of a club which hadnt made finals in 12 years, so the first coach who takes us to finals is considered a messiah. Locking Goodwin for 4 years was only sanctioning ourselves.

I agree, there's many variables that can be attributed to this side routinely under-performing, but the head coach is the absolutely glaring one. Get rid of him and take the financial hit, its better than wasting two more years, after which we will be replaced anyway.
Totally agree. But apparently according to some (and it’s a fair point) our financial restrictions won’t allow us that privilege. I think the powers that be at Melbourne have to find a way through it.

Loved the few times we got it inside 50 to a dangerous position and had Freo defenders under the pump we gave away a sloppy free kick/50 metre penalty on top as well.

We are the kings of giving away the dumb, sloppy free kick to release the pressure and give the ball straight back.

Soul crushing

I'm still in the process of my anti-Pickett dissertation but so far I'm pretty certain I hate absolutely everything about him.

High draft pick we overpaid for who is now getting games because we overpaid for him, to the detriment of other players who are actually better than him.

Lucky for the coaches too. "Only played 12 games! Give him time! Fresh young talent!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back