Review Dees v the ScoMo-ites: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve been at the G since 1860. Whatever extra atmosphere a small ground would get would come at the cost of the clubs soul. We also draw more than 30 most home games

I'm not talking in any sort of reality obviously but you can't help but be jealous of sports around the world where teams have there own home ground.

Is Alir is good as I seem to think, or am I way off base? Is he anywhere near AA?

I’ve been very impressed in both games I’ve watched us play against him.

Is Alir is good as I seem to think, or am I way off base? Is he anywhere near AA?

I’ve been very impressed in both games I’ve watched us play against him.
He was great yesterday wasn’t he? I don’t think you’re off base - AA isn’t out of the question for him (noting obviously that there’s a long was to go in the season)

He was great yesterday wasn’t he? I don’t think you’re off base - AA isn’t out of the question for him (noting obviously that there’s a long was to go in the season)

I wish we had him.

Also enjoyed Preuss tangling with him. I had the feeling they were both enjoying it.

I wish we had our own 30k seat stadium, even one shared with North.
It really sucks watching a 3 quarter empty stadium most weeks.
It would be sweet, the club has to get over this fetish with everything having to be done within sight of the MCG, it’s why they train on a public park beside a main road while clubs like Hawthorn continue to leave us in their wake

“I was **** on a bull the last three quarters”.

I love him.

Move over Essendon nuffy, after 12 wonderful months you have been replaced.

SCG has maintained it's heritage well, imo MCG is great and my fav ground, but they gutted it a little when they took the old MCC members stand out. Still hold's it's history when you walk in, but imo it can be a little faceless these days, it's kinda just a big cauldron, but it's ours!

SCG members stand is beautifully preserved, and the smaller ground makes for a better atmosphere for clubs that can't pull the big crowds. MCG feels a lot more soulless, but has been designed to accommodate large crowds first and foremost.

“I was **** on a bull the last three quarters”.

I love him.

Move over Essendon nuffy, after 12 wonderful months you have been replaced.

Loving this kid. He gives them some attitude and I like that. He wouldn’t have taken that 80 point s**t show sitting down, I know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving this kid. He gives them some attitude and I like that. He wouldn’t have taken that 80 point s**t show sitting down, I know that.

No, he'd probably have taken it wheezing on his haunches because he's a big rig V12 with a tank fit for a motorized scooter.

No, he'd probably have taken it wheezing on his haunches because he's a big rig V12 with a tank fit for a motorized scooter.

For at least 1Q he occupied Alir. And scored two pretty unlikely goals. I don’t know if he has the fitness to make an impact all game, but I’m keen to find out.

Also am I the only one who thinks Olivers possessions have gone back to being largely ineffective this year? He has the lowest kick to handball ratio in our side. Maybe my standards are too high for him but I dont think hes anywhere near his AA form
The only reason our standards for Oliver are so high, is because we know how talanted he is.
We know what he can do, so seeing him paying below his best must ne frustrating

While it was good Preuss got a couple of snags, I'm leaning towards the Cannon view of things that he really doesn't have the tank or anywhere near the mobility to be in the team regularly at the moment. He could play a role, a la Mason Cox, but Cox has the fitness to get up the ground and is much more mobile and probably better hands too. Preuss is a liability with his lack of mobility unless Garlett/Spargo/Hannan etc. are all in top form and in the team.

Otherwise, generally a solid team effort. Oscar nuffed it up a lot early; Frost did too a few times, but also composed himself much more and looks like he's started to turn his form around. Still worrying how easily we let them score in the first 1 1/2 quarters.

While it was good Preuss got a couple of snags, I'm leaning towards the Cannon view of things that he really doesn't have the tank or anywhere near the mobility to be in the team regularly at the moment. He could play a role, a la Mason Cox, but Cox has the fitness to get up the ground and is much more mobile and probably better hands too. Preuss is a liability with his lack of mobility unless Garlett/Spargo/Hannan etc. are all in top form and in the team.

Otherwise, generally a solid team effort. Oscar nuffed it up a lot early; Frost did too a few times, but also composed himself much more and looks like he's started to turn his form around. Still worrying how easily we let them score in the first 1 1/2 quarters.

So to sum up, Preuss improved things until he hypothetically doesn’t. Yeah, he’s not another Gawn, but you’ve got to keep rolling on a winner.

So to sum up, Preuss improved things until he hypothetically doesn’t. Yeah, he’s not another Gawn, but you’ve got to keep rolling on a winner.
No, I'm saying he's not improving things until he gets much fitter so he isn't, in his own words, '**** on a bull' if the ball doesn't go straight into his mits. There could be a spot in the side for him, but he's got work to do to lock it in.

The success of Preuss will be relative to how close we leave crumbers to him. If we leave him 1 out in the 50 while Brayshaw and Oliver continually pump it over his head we will lose by 10 goals next week
Also his marking should improve pretty sharply I suspect. He was struggling to get that injured wing up in the second half.

No, I'm saying he's not improving things until he gets much fitter so he isn't, in his own words, '**** on a bull' if the ball doesn't go straight into his mits. There could be a spot in the side for him, but he's got work to do to lock it in.
Didn’t help that he couldn’t move his arm after QT - was clearly impeding him.

If Pruess keeps kicking 2 goals a game, he will be a permanent lock. I'm not sure his fitness is too much of a worry right now as his role is to occupy the goalsquare and give Gawn a chop out every now and then. If Pruess can chop Gawn out 15-20% of the time, we can utilize that by placing Gawn where we need him most(which I'm guessing is a kick behind the ball). Unfortunately Pruess is useless once ball hits ground and this is why I'm amazed Lockhart or Jeffy didn't come in this week. Tell them to literally stay at Pruess's feet.

If Pruess keeps kicking 2 goals a game, he will be a permanent lock. I'm not sure his fitness is too much of a worry right now as his role is to occupy the goalsquare and give Gawn a chop out every now and then. If Pruess can chop Gawn out 15-20% of the time, we can utilize that by placing Gawn where we need him most(which I'm guessing is a kick behind the ball). Unfortunately Pruess is useless once ball hits ground and this is why I'm amazed Lockhart or Jeffy didn't come in this week. Tell them to literally stay at Pruess's feet.

This makes sense to me. If you kick it anywhere near this guy he’s going to get hands to it.

Not a ******* hope in hell Preuss averages 2 goals a game, that's basically Hogans numbers from last year.

Preuss's really value will be taking forward half ruck contests which allows Gawn to set up the wall behind the ball.
If he averaged a goal a game that would be a win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back